BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion 5 Embarrassing Predictions about Obamacare

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-06-2015, 09:40 PM   #45
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal235 View Post
And from what I recall of the case, it was the jury that made the determination of the money awarded to her. The jury based the amount of money on 1 days worth of coffee sales at McDonalds nationally. The jury wanted McDonalds to be hit with such a huge amount of money, that they would change their bad practices in regards to coffee holding temperature.
The two things that would lower the cost of medical care the most have been protected by democrats and the rich tort lawyers who fill their election purses to protect their lavish lifestyles. First is tort reform to prevent frivolous and overly high lawsuits. The jury did this high penalty in this case because it could. McDonald's was hurt more by the bad press than the fine and the press would still have been the same if the fine was $250,000. Half of all doctor and Healthcare costs are paying for insurance. The rest of the world laughs at us for this. It's why we have the highest per capita Healthcare expenditure and we're ranked 24th in Healthcare benefit.
The second is interstate insurance. The insurance companies don't want this as it gives competition. Without it they have monopolies on insurance in different states and make a killing. They also line Democrat pockets to protect this.
Change these two things and Healthcare costs drop by 50%
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 11:16 PM   #46
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
Doc Oc's Avatar
United_States
1379
Rep
2,026
Posts

Drives: C63 amg
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Upyourbuttandtotheleft

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
1 it is the greatest economic strain this country has been shackled with and it's effects are only just beginning to be felt. It will take a decade to fully realize the effects as they are being phased in over time.
2 same as #1
3 it is adversely affecting the industry. It will take more time but it is fundamentally changing it for the worse.
4 it will and has cost the economy a tremendous amount of jobs. Jobs being created are part time low paying jobs not high paying full time jobs as a result of this and unemployment remains near 12% the low unemployment number is because they don't count you after you've been unemployed for more than 2 tears. Labor participation does count you. It shows 12% unemployment and the lowest employment since carter.
5 true. People are now jobless or working part time at McDonald's demanding higher minimum wage because they can't get a real job from this. For the first time in American history a president will finish his term with lower average income per family largely due to this law.

Lol embarrassing to even try to say these are bad comments and your original diatribe trying to undermine them was as sharp as a bowling ball.
And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Republicans have been saying this since it's inception. Its all bullshit. They loved it when Dole proposed it and it has worked well for Romney in MA....but when Obama implements something similar it is going to destroy the country. Too funny. I think they said everything you just said above when fdr started social security and that has worked well so far. It seems that pubs forget that the people who are using the AHA the most now are people who, before the act, were just not paying for care at all. The medical system was heading into a massive hole. Coincidentally I employ 45 people and haven't been affected by it at all. It's just Republican fear mongering. Their job is to paint every single thing Obama has ever done in a bad light. During the last GOP presidency our the entire country fell apart, wars, recession and depression, banks and auto company's going bankrupt, massive debt, stock markets tumbled, the dollar fell apart, 10% unemployment, etc. Bush was so bad that this country voted for a man named Barrack Hussein Obama for christs sake. And he gets Bin Laden, pulls out of Iraq, passes the AHA, stocks are up, interest is down, loans flowing, oil is 50 bucks a barrel, banks regulated, etc and he's the worst president ever. It is laughable.

Here is an article you might want to read:
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/dat...are-is-working
__________________
2013 c63 Amg coupe p31, v7 tune, plm headers, armytrix downpipes, EflexFuel

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.

Last edited by Doc Oc; 08-06-2015 at 11:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 01:40 AM   #47
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

The Individual Mandate of Obamacare has been implemented, but it was changed when they tried to kill existing insurance plans that didn't meet their "standards." People were facing huge increases in cost, and when that became too unpopular (just before the last election) the Obama camp decided to grant a waiver and grandfather in existing plans.

The Employer mandate was delayed several times (just before the elections). The mandate for companies over 100 employees took effect 1/1/2015, where employers must provide insurance for 70% of their employees. The mandate for companies with 50-100 employees will start 1/1/2016.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 08:13 AM   #48
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Republicans have been saying this since it's inception. Its all bullshit. They loved it when Dole proposed it and it has worked well for Romney in MA....but when Obama implements something similar it is going to destroy the country. Too funny. I think they said everything you just said above when fdr started social security and that has worked well so far. It seems that pubs forget that the people who are using the AHA the most now are people who, before the act, were just not paying for care at all. The medical system was heading into a massive hole. Coincidentally I employ 45 people and haven't been affected by it at all. It's just Republican fear mongering. Their job is to paint every single thing Obama has ever done in a bad light. During the last GOP presidency our the entire country fell apart, wars, recession and depression, banks and auto company's going bankrupt, massive debt, stock markets tumbled, the dollar fell apart, 10% unemployment, etc. Bush was so bad that this country voted for a man named Barrack Hussein Obama for christs sake. And he gets Bin Laden, pulls out of Iraq, passes the AHA, stocks are up, interest is down, loans flowing, oil is 50 bucks a barrel, banks regulated, etc and he's the worst president ever. It is laughable.

Here is an article you might want to read:
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/dat...are-is-working
Romneycare failed too. Even Romney said so and said it was a mistake

It was an ecoomiic blip that turned inot a nightmare withe Obamas failed policies and blame game.

War was over until we ejaculated prematurely out of iraq. Now we have to go back with boots and do it again.

Banks were fixed by TARP and was over when Obama took office. Obama screwed it up after with Dodd-Frank stopping the recovery.

An Auto company, 1, was in jeopardy due to poor management with the unions and did go bankrupt. GM. Obama saved the union sweat heart benefits deal doom in them to fail again. Nothing more.

He got Bin Laden from the intelligence gathered by Bush programs and delayed 6 months doing it.

AHA only helped the rich who hadn't missed a mortgage payment. The poor and unemployed were screwed.

Unemployment was just over 4% when Obama took office. It's 12% now.

Oil only went up because Obama wanted us driving hybrids so he closed federal land and offshore to drive prices up. It still would be except the Saudis want to kill our fracking so they flooded the market. It was $1.65 a gallon when he took office.

Loans are not flowing. One of the biggest hindrances to the economic recovery is the banks were regulated into stagnation and the money flow stopped except for the rich with perfect credit.

Any other facts you care to ignore?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #49
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
The Individual Mandate of Obamacare has been implemented, but it was changed when they tried to kill existing insurance plans that didn't meet their "standards." People were facing huge increases in cost, and when that became too unpopular (just before the last election) the Obama camp decided to grant a waiver and grandfather in existing plans.

The Employer mandate was delayed several times (just before the elections). The mandate for companies over 100 employees took effect 1/1/2015, where employers must provide insurance for 70% of their employees. The mandate for companies with 50-100 employees will start 1/1/2016.
You are correct. It's coming. Obama just pushed it off onto the next president like he did Iran with nukes, isis, huge debt, medicare, social security, russia, etc etc etc.

To bad there isn't a term for worst that's worse..Keep drinking that CNBC Kool-aid Doc.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 08-07-2015 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #50
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3629
Rep
5,776
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Romneycare failed too. Even Romney said so and said it was a mistake

It was an ecoomiic blip that turned inot a nightmare withe Obamas failed policies and blame game.

War was over until we ejaculated prematurely out of iraq. Now we have to go back with boots and do it again.

Banks were fixed by TARP and was over when Obama took office. Obama screwed it up after with Dodd-Frank stopping the recovery.

An Auto company, 1, was in jeopardy due to poor management with the unions and did go bankrupt. GM. Obama saved the union sweat heart benefits deal doom in them to fail again. Nothing more.

He got Bin Laden from the intelligence gathered by Bush programs and delayed 6 months doing it.

AHA only helped the rich who hadn't missed a mortgage payment. The poor and unemployed were screwed.

Unemployment was just over 4% when Obama took office. It's 12% now.

Oil only went up because Obama wanted us driving hybrids so he closed federal land and offshore to drive prices up. It still would be except the Saudis want to kill our fracking so they flooded the market. It was $1.65 a gallon when he took office.

Loans are not flowing. One of the biggest hindrances to the economic recovery is the banks were regulated into stagnation and the money flow stopped except for the rich with perfect credit.

Any other facts you care to ignore?
Current unemployment rate is 5.3% and one year ago it was 6.2%.
As for Iraq it was the first Bush that started and could not finish--and realistically, during the 2nd Bush administration there were plenty of other conflicts we could have engaged in instead of chasing all those " weapons of mass destruction."
Obama is credited with taking down the biggest terrorist in our history, plain and simple. Bush nor Clinton could do that.
Everything else you say is true--in that the healthcare system has been a mess, bailing out GM absolutely ridiculous. As for the hybrid thing, time will tell if this is good for out future--first off, if they could make a hybrid that doesn't look like shit that would be a start.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #51
Dalko43
Captain
168
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Current unemployment rate is 5.3% and one year ago it was 6.2%.
As for Iraq it was the first Bush that started and could not finish--and realistically, during the 2nd Bush administration there were plenty of other conflicts we could have engaged in instead of chasing all those " weapons of mass destruction."
Obama is credited with taking down the biggest terrorist in our history, plain and simple. Bush nor Clinton could do that.
Everything else you say is true--in that the healthcare system has been a mess, bailing out GM absolutely ridiculous. As for the hybrid thing, time will tell if this is good for out future--first off, if they could make a hybrid that doesn't look like shit that would be a start.
Most laughable statement I've heard in a while....not that I disagree when Osama was taken out (under who's Presidency) but that his death has in anyway done anything to improve the Middle East's or our own security.


Killing Osama Bin Laden is about as great an achievement as nailing an encore, after the concert had already finished and the audience had gone home.

Al Qaeda has spread throughout Africa and the Middle East (and certain parts of Asia) and ISIS literally grew into a caliphate over night, Islamic extremists have launched numerous attacks on European and even American soil....but we should all be grateful to President Obama for capping a tired old man, who little command and control of responsibility at that point, and even less significance to the struggle we are currently engaged in....Bravo
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 11:31 PM   #52
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3629
Rep
5,776
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
Most laughable statement I've heard in a while....not that I disagree when Osama was taken out (under who's Presidency) but that his death has in anyway done anything to improve the Middle East's or our own security.


Killing Osama Bin Laden is about as great an achievement as nailing an encore, after the concert had already finished and the audience had gone home.

Al Qaeda has spread throughout Africa and the Middle East (and certain parts of Asia) and ISIS literally grew into a caliphate over night, Islamic extremists have launched numerous attacks on European and even American soil....but we should all be grateful to President Obama for capping a tired old man, who little command and control of responsibility at that point, and even less significance to the struggle we are currently engaged in....Bravo
I never said anything about what the ramifications were of taking out Osama only which president was credited with that. Nothing really laughable other than your inability to understand a simple fact and turn it into an opinion that I did not say nor imply. Didn't say it was a great achievement either only that the last two presidents had put effort(in Bush's case a lot of effort) in this end. As far as terrorists go there are a dime a dozen, but symbolically, it was a great achievement.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 11:42 PM   #53
Dalko43
Captain
168
Rep
894
Posts

Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I never said anything about what the ramifications were of taking out Osama only which president was credited with that. Nothing really laughable other than your inability to understand a simple fact and turn it into an opinion that I did not say nor imply. Didn't say it was a great achievement either only that the last two presidents had put effort(in Bush's case a lot of effort) in this end. As far as terrorists go there are a dime a dozen, but symbolically, it was a great achievement.
To who? Americans? Several tens of thousands have been at war this last decade or so, the rest of this country has been off shopping..his death was simply one more CNN article they read before they went back to flipping through tweets.

To the many different Islamic sects, groups, nations? I think those that were looking for motivation to go on jihad had already found a new spiritual leader before Bin Laden's body had gone cold.

The symbolism in his death was overrated, and what little there was is greatly overshadowed by the crumbling stability that is plaguing much of the Middle East and Northern Africa.
__________________
Current: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Sold: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 08:29 AM   #54
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Current unemployment rate is 5.3% and one year ago it was 6.2%.
As for Iraq it was the first Bush that started and could not finish--and realistically, during the 2nd Bush administration there were plenty of other conflicts we could have engaged in instead of chasing all those " weapons of mass destruction."
Obama is credited with taking down the biggest terrorist in our history, plain and simple. Bush nor Clinton could do that.
Everything else you say is true--in that the healthcare system has been a mess, bailing out GM absolutely ridiculous. As for the hybrid thing, time will tell if this is good for out future--first off, if they could make a hybrid that doesn't look like shit that would be a start.
5.3% wrong. As I explained that's reported unemployment. Not real unemployment. Really unemployment is shown by the labor participation rate. It's 11.9% the figure they use stops counting you if you haven't had a job for 2 years. This wasn't a factor before but the current economuc policies have made this a reality and a meaningful statistic. It's the lowest employment since Carter left office.
In the 2nd Bush administration we weren't chasing WMDs. That ended first few months of the war. Rest was pacifying the country which was accomplished. Step three was stabilizing so we didn't leave a power vacuum like we did in Afghanistan in the early 90s. Obama screwed that up for a talking point for his 2012 election. Now we need to go do it all over again.
He took down Obama based on intelligence and programs initiated by bush. It just took time. His "heroic" takedown and arguably the only good thing he did in his presidency happened after he got this info, which was just a matter of being there at the right time, and after waffling about doing it for 4 months. Even then Biden and Hillary both advised not to do it.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #55
tracer bullet
Colonel
tracer bullet's Avatar
United_States
823
Rep
2,039
Posts

Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Saint Paul, MN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
5.3% wrong. As I explained that's reported unemployment. Not real unemployment. Really unemployment is shown by the labor participation rate. It's 11.9% the figure they use stops counting you if you haven't had a job for 2 years. This wasn't a factor before but the current economuc policies have made this a reality and a meaningful statistic. It's the lowest employment since Carter left office.
Participation rate has been falling steadily for the last 10-15 years, under multiple presidents D and R both. Not sure why you'd think it's only an issue under "current policies". Also, given that one of the larger reasons is the baby boomers retiring (it's not all of it but it's a big part of it), also not sure why you'd say it's because of current policies.

It seems that anytime there's good news about anything under Obama's term, the R's have to have something to complain about. As for unemployment, R's talking point is the participation rate. More people retiring, sooner, means things are doing well, to most people anyhow. Maybe that's what you meant by current policies?

ISIS wouldn't be an issue if we'd left Iraq alone, that belongs to Bush. Obama pulling out when he did didn't help either, that much is true as well. Keep in mind that Iraq asked us to leave and we in the US largely forgot about the war by then and didn't want to be there any longer either. In the end both presidents take a lot of blame and pinning it solely on one or the other is BS. If you think Bush isn't at least as equally guilty then you're blind.

Bin Laden - Eh screw it you hate Obama and won't believe he's done anything good, only bad. Got it. Never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Keep drinking that CNBC Kool-aid Doc.
Oh, the irony.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #56
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
6372
Rep
6,495
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Now in Miami! :D

iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Current unemployment rate is 5.3% and one year ago it was 6.2%

Just stop the goddamned lying, I'm SICK of it. True unemployment is well into the 20% range. If we used the exact same method of calculating the unemployment rate now as we did during the Reagan Administration, unemployment would currently be 23%. Hell even the U.6 is at 11%. People who have been out of work for more than 4 weeks are STILL UNEMPLOYED, just because the government stops counting them doesn't mean they aren't sitting at home unemployed. Just stop the goddamned lying already.

Here's your daily dose of "recovery".

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-13-13-27-53

Last edited by NickyC; 08-13-2015 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #57
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
6372
Rep
6,495
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Now in Miami! :D

iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Participation rate has been falling steadily for the last 10-15 years, under multiple presidents D and R both. Not sure why you'd think it's only an issue under "current policies". Also, given that one of the larger reasons is the baby boomers retiring (it's not all of it but it's a big part of it), also not sure why you'd say it's because of current policies.
More lies and bullshit. The biggest gains in jobs in the past 4-5 years have been people 55 years of age and older (their retirements were wiped out so they have to keep working), while people between the ages of 25-54 still have NOT caught up to their numbers in 2008. The age group of 25-54 year old people actually lost 125k jobs last month.

Stop this goddamned nonsense, and these LIES. You really think these people just retired? They got laid off, said the hell with it, and retired? Wake the hell up man.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...o-55-and-older
Attached Images
 

Last edited by NickyC; 08-13-2015 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #58
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3629
Rep
5,776
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Just stop the goddamned lying, I'm SICK of it. True unemployment is well into the 20% range. If we used the exact same method of calculating the unemployment rate now as we did during the Reagan Administration, unemployment would currently be 21%. Hell even the U.6 is at 11%. People who have been out of work for more than 4 weeks are STILL UNEMPLOYED, just because the government stops counting them doesn't mean they aren't sitting at home unemployed. Just stop the goddamned lying already.

Here's your daily dose of "recovery".

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-13-13-27-53
That number was from bankrate.com--it was reported unemployment. As fundguy pointed out there is true unemployment that as he said is around 11%. These are real numbers. Don't know whose lying--maybe you? I don't know where your number is documented. I never said anything about the country is fully recovered. And if your so sick of everything, why don't you come up with answers and make a change instead of accuse people of lying when they are posting numbers that are documented.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #59
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
6372
Rep
6,495
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Now in Miami! :D

iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
That number was from bankrate.com--it was reported unemployment. As fundguy pointed out there is true unemployment that as he said is around 11%. These are real numbers. Don't know whose lying--maybe you? I don't know where your number is documented. I never said anything about the country is fully recovered. And if your so sick of everything, why don't you come up with answers and make a change instead of accuse people of lying when they are posting numbers that are documented.
I told you the numbers used now are BS, anybody with half a brain and reads anything but mainstream BS and lies KNOWS it's BS. I said the numbers are lies, and I'm sick of uninformed people parroting them like they know WTF is going on right now. You're feeding into the lies and the distortions being leveled on us all. I'm SICK OF IT. GET INFORMED.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2015...craig-roberts/

http://www.shadowstats.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #60
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3629
Rep
5,776
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I told you the numbers used now are BS, anybody with half a brain and reads anything but mainstream BS and lies KNOWS it's BS. I said the numbers are lies, and I'm sick of uninformed people parroting them like they know WTF is going on right now. You're feeding into the lies and the distortions being leveled on us all. I'm SICK OF IT. GET INFORMED.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2015...craig-roberts/

http://www.shadowstats.com/
I'm not feeding into anything--I was only stating a number that is out there..If you have read any of my posts in these political threads you would gather that I am against how the government is being run and feel that they do not cater to the people, but to their "funders." I can't say I analyze the economic situation that close--I just don't have time for that--and really know that there is little difference I or anyone can really make. The numbers are not lies...distortions yes. The numbers are based on something and not the bottom line, which at the end of the day the governnment does not want us to know as each politician only want the picture of how good they are and how bad the other guy is. So, what is your solution?
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #61
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
6372
Rep
6,495
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Now in Miami! :D

iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I'm not feeding into anything--I was only stating a number that is out there..If you have read any of my posts in these political threads you would gather that I am against how the government is being run and feel that they do not cater to the people, but to their "funders." I can't say I analyze the economic situation that close--I just don't have time for that--and really know that there is little difference I or anyone can really make. The numbers are not lies...distortions yes. The numbers are based on something and not the bottom line, which at the end of the day the governnment does not want us to know as each politician only want the picture of how good they are and how bad the other guy is. So, what is your solution?
You don't want to know. ;P
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #62
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3629
Rep
5,776
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
You don't want to know. ;P
Wouldn't have asked if I didn't. Throw an idea out there...as far as I'm concerned the whole this party and that party crap doesn't fly.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #63
tracer bullet
Colonel
tracer bullet's Avatar
United_States
823
Rep
2,039
Posts

Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Saint Paul, MN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
There's a few problems here - mainly you don't have the rest of the info to decide what to make of this chart. You're showing #'s of people working, without knowing the change in that population. If you look at it as a %, the appearance of your chart changes quite a bit.

That said, you're on the right path, there are as a % more older people working as well. The next problem here is that you assume only people 55 and older are allowed to retire.

If it doesn't totally churn your stomach to click the link, you can get more info here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...ion_report.pdf

Before you dismiss it you should know that they do agree with you that more people 55+ are working, and they explain how the retirement of people still is a big part of the overall declining rate. If you don't trust their #'s you can try reading (they're rather boring) the half dozen + independent studies on the subject that all say the same thing - people retiring are responsible for about half or more of the declining rate.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #64
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1992
Rep
8,339
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Here's 5 embarrassing realities
1 it's going to kill Medicare. The majority of Medicare funds went to Obamacare.
2 it's killing job growth. New jobs from small businesses aren't being created as a result
3 prices are going to rise faster than ever for Healthcare. For 2016 premiums are going up faster than ever.
4 people studying to be doctors has dropped dramatically
5 if you like your doctor or healthplan, you can keep them.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #65
FenixMike
Captain
394
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: 2015 X5 50i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Albuquerque, NM

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I never said anything about what the ramifications were of taking out Osama only which president was credited with that. Nothing really laughable other than your inability to understand a simple fact and turn it into an opinion that I did not say nor imply. Didn't say it was a great achievement either only that the last two presidents had put effort(in Bush's case a lot of effort) in this end. As far as terrorists go there are a dime a dozen, but symbolically, it was a great achievement.
Saying Obama gets all the credit for killing Osama is the same as saying the Finance manager at a dealership gets all the credit for selling a car because he took the money for it. Its already been said that years and years of chasing, interrogating and searching went underway to find him, and when that phone call came of "we found him, now what" came in, IF it even went to Obama and not someone under him, do you think he would have said no? Youre treating it as if he took the shot himself to bag Osama when in reality, it could have been 30 minutes after pulling the body out that he got the call so he could go brag about it...
__________________
2015 X5 M-Sport 50i - ESS Tuning Flash, VRSF Downpipes, x5m filters, Bavsound stage 1 complete

Gone but never forgotten... 2014 M5 Competition, 2015 M3, 2014 X5 50i M Sport, 2015 435i M Sport, 2011 550i, 2011 535i

Last edited by FenixMike; 08-15-2015 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #66
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3629
Rep
5,776
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
Saying Obama gets all the credit for killing Osama is the same as saying the Finance manager at a dealership gets all the credit for selling a car because he took the money for it. Its already been said that years and years of chasing, interrogating and searching went underway to find him, and when that phone call came of "we found him, now what" came in, IF it even went to Obama and not someone under him, do you think he would have said no? Youre treating it as if he took the shot himself to bag Osama when in reality, it could have been 30 minutes after pulling the body out that he got the call so he could go brag about it...
Yeah ok..so yeah the finance manager who made the sell gets the commission and credit for the sale..even if the guy who worked at the dealership before him tried before to get the customer to buy a car there.
Not a good analogy. Sure past administration's tried and can be credited with building Intel but the bottom line is the administration that finished was Obama's. I'm not saying he is a star for that...he was at the right place at the right time-and the record stands that the most wanted terrorist was taken down under this administration. I did not say anything about Obama taking a shot. Maybe you need to re-read and brush up on your comprehension skills.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST