BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Lewis Hamilton's contract demand : Mercedes agree to 'Max Verstappen clause' ?!?!

05-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #1629
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
FTFY.

And the job of the media is to report the news factually...but they aren't the news, they are commentators. Their goal is to bring more eyeballs to bear for ad revenue.

And the problem with this is their false narrative creates discord and rancor among the fans. It's vexing in the extreme and a complete disservice.
Now now friend, no post doctoring..Merc have been getting away with it for years so come on, fairs fair
Appreciate 2
      05-10-2021, 04:47 PM   #1630
M5Rick
General
Rep

Appreciate 1
      05-10-2021, 05:41 PM   #1631
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
LOL!

Ross Brawn, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel and many others agree with me. There are over 20 WDC/WCCs between them.

I'll go with them.

Your driver is the most over-hyped, under-delivering driver in the history of F1 and now that he has a car that is faster, he isn't getting the job done.

Now that Sir Lewis has had a very long time to study his driving by sitting behind him for most of the race, VER will be in worse shape than before against Sir Lewis.

The dismantling continues in just under 2 weeks. Monaco is a track that favors the short wheelbase, high rake design that Red Bull has. The problem is that Max is driving the car.

I can't wait until the race!!
My friend , each team has actually 2 drivers .
This means that Checo drives a 16-B as well !

You guys said that Checo would destroy MAX . Well.....

Now that Sir Lewis has had a very long time to study his driving by sitting behind him for most of the race, VER will be in worse shape than before against Sir Lewis.
?
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      05-10-2021, 06:39 PM   #1632
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend , each team has actually 2 drivers .
This means that Checo drives a 16-B as well !

You guys said that Checo would destroy MAX . Well.....

?
WDC Standings

HAM - 94
VER - 80

He's already winning. Gaining additional knowledge about his opponent makes him even more dangerous to VER.

VER isn't up to HAM's performance standard.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      05-10-2021, 07:50 PM   #1633
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
WDC Standings

HAM - 94
VER - 80

He's already winning. Gaining additional knowledge about his opponent makes him even more dangerous to VER.

VER isn't up to HAM's performance standard.
Don't be worried my friend . MAX knows HAM as well ...
Because MAX runs already 5 seasons behind in HAM's dirty air .
HAM isn't used anymore to overtake , because HAM is used to cruise relaxed to the next victory ..While MAX is used to fight in the traffic mess for a podium .
MAX = #RaceCraft !

And "IF" the Red Bull is the fastest car . Why we don't see Checo on the podium ?
As for overtaking actions from the start , HAM has zero chance against MAX !
That's what we saw at Imola and Spain ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      05-10-2021, 08:29 PM   #1634
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
And so the excuses for sir $hitbird start already

Maybe one should wait for scHAM* to actually lose before whining!
Maybe one should wait for MAX to win something before hyping and claiming he’s as good as the current and 7 time WDC
Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
MKSixer34171.50
Steeler2422.00
      05-10-2021, 09:04 PM   #1635
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Don't be worried my friend . MAX knows HAM as well ...
Because MAX runs already 5 seasons behind in HAM's dirty air .
HAM isn't used anymore to overtake , because HAM is used to cruise relaxed to the next victory ..While MAX is used to fight in the traffic mess for a podium .
MAX = #RaceCraft !

And "IF" the Red Bull is the fastest car . Why we don't see Checo on the podium ?
As for overtaking actions from the start , HAM has zero chance against MAX !
That's what we saw at Imola and Spain ...
And there is a scientific reason why the RBR gets overtakes from the start. The RBR fires up it's tires more quickly than the Mercedes. This is one of the two reasons that Sir Lewis had tires at the end of the race. The second is his incredible tire management skills.

This will be a long year for Max. Very long.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
Steeler2422.00
      05-11-2021, 04:12 AM   #1636
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
And there is a scientific reason why the RBR gets overtakes from the start. The RBR fires up it's tires more quickly than the Mercedes. This is one of the two reasons that Sir Lewis had tires at the end of the race. The second is his incredible tire management skills.

I disagree that just from a perfect start Max would have significantly more worn tyres that play a part in dropping back later on in the race.
All the experts are saying that it's a lack of Checo up front that causes the strat to be changed easily into hammy's favour later and with suspected longer battery charge on the 44 W12 when needed.
You still maintain you don't know what the bulges in the PU cover are for.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 05:13 AM   #1637
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Same for HAM , actually '19 races are left for both and the rest of the field .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      05-11-2021, 07:20 AM   #1638
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Maybe one should wait for MAX to win something before hyping and claiming he’s as good as the current and 7 time WDC
I'm not a VER fan and have never claimed he is better than scHAM*. WE will never know because MB will NEVER let VER join the team and compete in equal equipment. Neither will sir $hitbird because he is a coward. He cruised to 6 WDCs due to no completion in the sister car.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      05-11-2021, 07:27 AM   #1639
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I disagree that just from a perfect start Max would have significantly more worn tyres that play a part in dropping back later on in the race.
All the experts are saying that it's a lack of Checo up front that causes the strat to be changed easily into hammy's favour later and with suspected longer battery charge on the 44 W12 when needed.
You still maintain you don't know what the bulges in the PU cover are for.
This isn't how F1 tires work. The best way to keep F1 tires operational is to prevent them from sliding and thereby generating additional heat. This is accomplished with a strong front end and high downforce at the rear. Further, the RB16-B is noted for bringing the tires up to their operating temperature quickly and the W12 slowly. These are characteristics of the High Rake design vs the Low Rake design.

Conversely, the low rake and longer wheelbase design of W12 gives it more time to manage the airflow over the car but has the challenge in this rules iteration of less downforce from the floor. This is the reason for the rear being unstable and, traditionally, they can only combat by adding more wing. Mercedes has another solution but we don't know that is yet.

Now onto the actual facts. Sir Lewis has the ability to sit on the gearbox of rivals lap after lap after lap then plan a devastating attack...even if that rival is his own team mate as we saw during this race. Sir Lewis and VER had tires of the same age at the start. Sir Lewis made his last much longer and would have passed VER had VER stayed out. It was inevitable.

For those watching F1 who are students of the sport, this race was a clinic. What we learned:

The Illegal Torque management of the RB combined with VER being over the yellow start mark (which was ignored by the stewards...it can clearly be seen on the video) in addition to more quickly firing up the tires gave it an early advantage.

Sir Lewis plays the LONG GAME. He backed out of the Mad Max pass in Turn One and just sat on his gearbox in highly energized air without losing pace. The pundits got it all wrong.

In the theme of the long game, HAM picked his place to pass with care and, as on the first lap, backs off to fight in his time and at his position on the track.

Max brought his car in too early for the first pit stop and cost himself over 2 seconds in extra time.

Sir Lewis and his tire management offer strategic options that no other team has. This was a redux of Hungary 2019. Sir Lewis delivered the laps necessary to make it work.

Lastly, the HAM-Merc Combination is almost unbeatable with 3 wins from 4 races against the faster RB16B.

A masterclass.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 4
Steeler2422.00
minn1913970.00
AmuroRay2165.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      05-11-2021, 07:32 AM   #1640
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Same for HAM , actually '19 races are left for both and the rest of the field .
Sir Lewis has transitioned to the Peace Warrior phase of his career. He is completely within himself and controlling the race, at will.

He will be at his deadly best this season. Mark my words on this, my friend.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 2
Steeler2422.00
minn1913970.00
      05-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #1641
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
This isn't how F1 tires work. The best way to keep F1 tires operational is to prevent them from sliding and thereby generating additional heat. This is accomplished with a strong front end and high downforce at the rear. Further, the RB16-B is noted for bringing the tires up to their operating temperature quickly and the W12 slowly. These are characteristics of the High Rake design vs the Low Rake design.

Conversely, the low rake and longer wheelbase design of W12 gives it more time to manage the airflow over the car but has the challenge in this rules iteration of less downforce from the floor. This is the reason for the rear being unstable and, traditionally, they can only combat by adding more wing. Mercedes has another solution but we don't know that is yet.

Now onto the actual facts. Sir Lewis has the ability to sit on the gearbox of rivals lap after lap after lap then plan a devastating attack...even if that rival is his own team mate as we saw during this race. Sir Lewis and VER had tires of the same age at the start. Sir Lewis made his last much longer and would have passed VER had VER stayed out. It was inevitable.

For those watching F1 who are students of the sport, this race was a clinic. What we learned:

The Illegal Torque management of the RB combined with VER being over the yellow start mark (which was ignored by the stewards...it can clearly be seen on the video) in addition to more quickly firing up the tires gave it an early advantage.

Sir Lewis plays the LONG GAME. He backed out of the Mad Max pass in Turn One and just sat on his gearbox in highly energized air without losing pace. The pundits got it all wrong.

In the theme of the long game, HAM picked his place to pass with care and, as on the first lap, backs off to fight in his time and at his position on the track.

Max brought his car in too early for the first pit stop and cost himself over 2 seconds in extra time.

Sir Lewis and his tire management offer strategic options that no other team has. This was a redux of Hungary 2019. Sir Lewis delivered the laps necessary to make it work.

Lastly, the HAM-Merc Combination is almost unbeatable with 3 wins from 4 races against the faster RB16B.

A masterclass.

Cheers-mk
I've just read the article myself and certainly it was on the last two races that Merc had a tyre advantage over a tyre change window time though it won't be like that at all tracks, certainly not the next one.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 03:02 PM   #1642
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Just found this oldie but goodie. Enjoy y'all!

2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
atopa2002202.50
      05-11-2021, 03:55 PM   #1643
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I've just read the article myself and certainly it was on the last two races that Merc had a tyre advantage over a tyre change window time though it won't be like that at all tracks, certainly not the next one.
The same thing was said about Barcelona.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 05:34 PM   #1644
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The same thing was said about Barcelona.
Monaco's a mite tighter than Barcelona.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 06:10 PM   #1645
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

A masterclass.

Cheers-mk
That was the 2020 Mercedes "DAS" (cheating) advantage !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      05-11-2021, 06:21 PM   #1646
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I'm not a VER fan and have never claimed he is better than scHAM*. WE will never know because MB will NEVER let VER join the team and compete in equal equipment. Neither will sir $hitbird because he is a coward. He cruised to 6 WDCs due to no completion in the sister car.
Well .There was a challenge requested by MAX to swap cars with HAM !

HAM's reaction we know ... And the title was : "Is Lewis Hamilton Scared of Max Verstappen" ??

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      05-11-2021, 06:48 PM   #1647
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:

HAM's reaction we know ... And the title was : "Is Lewis Hamilton Scared of Max Verstappen" ??

Damn right he is scared of Max and a few others!!!!! He should be as non-driving ROSturd actually took one title away. He'd be light a few more if there were actual completion in the sister car.

But, that's F1 and Ferrari played the same game up until now. I still think LEC is a #1 but can see SAI putting up a battle once acclimated to the car. Time will tell. Now RB just has to get on PER. I expected much more of a fight!
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 10:25 PM   #1648
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

Max is horrible with respect to success in Monaco. HORRIBLE.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 01:52 AM   #1649
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Mercedes openly offered Verstappen a drive in their race car.
He never took up the offer.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      05-12-2021, 03:07 AM   #1650
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

A masterclass.

Cheers-mk
Max was within the limits at the start otherwise he would have been penalised unlike hammy who has got away with misdemeanours presently and in the past.
Appreciate 1