BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Have No Fear, BMW M Will Keep Building Rear-Wheel Drive Cars With Manuals

06-30-2016, 04:14 PM   #23
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Unfortunately I think you are correct on this one. For sure in North America, but I think/hope it may take longer in Europe.

Don't admit you remember choke pull, kids these days will look at you "funny" . Few years ago while in Europe, my (fairly young at the time) kids just looked at me, puzzled, not knowing how to roll down their windows, it was funny, and a little sad/silly at the same time.
Hah. Not only do I remember it, I had a 22-year-old VW Beetle in college that had it -- along with crank windows, drum brakes, autonomous audio, and unassisted steering. I modified the choke off of it and upgraded the audio, but the other stuff ... charming, hehe.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 09:42 PM   #24
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 BMW 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I have heard the next M5 will be AWD. I will continue to buy BMW because they do still sell manuals. I don't care much if the series cars go DCT, but keep the M's. Actually, that would be a good way BMW can push people who want manuals to upgrade to a M.
Agreed. The manual transmission option in my F30 helped solidify it as my choice of vehicle over others who don't do manual transmissions on their vehicles (or only offer base model manual tranny options). I picked it over the Kia Optima, Infiniti Q50, Mercedes CLA and Lexus IS350 among others.

If I have to buy an M in the future to continue having a MT BMW, I guess I'll just have to start saving now....or hope that prices on slightly used M models drop quickly!