BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Steering column feels loose at 90 degree right turn

07-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
Johnski77
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 30i

Steering column feels loose at 90 degree right turn

Hi guys, not sure if you guys felt this before on your Z4. When driving on uneven roads and turning right at around 90 degrees of the steering wheel, I can feel that the steering column is loose and a little rattling. Much like the steering column was not tightened. However, at other angles, the steering column feels perfectly fine.

Wonder if I am the only one having this issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #2
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnski77 View Post
Hi guys, not sure if you guys felt this before on your Z4. When driving on uneven roads and turning right at around 90 degrees of the steering wheel, I can feel that the steering column is loose and a little rattling. Much like the steering column was not tightened. However, at other angles, the steering column feels perfectly fine.

I haven't experienced anything like that. Presumably you'll get it checked out asap?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
Johnski77
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnski77 View Post

I haven't experienced anything like that. Presumably you'll get it checked out asap?
Yeah, dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow to have them take a look at it. And to resolve the sway bars as part of the recall.
Appreciate 0