BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion F20 n13 cylinder 1 connector issue?

09-25-2023, 09:08 AM   #1
Wellingtonz
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 118i f20 n13/ 320i F30 N20

F20 n13 cylinder 1 connector issue?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
hello I need help.

my N13 F20 has been facing misfire issues over the last year.

summary: did a plug change 2 weeks ago and misfire was gone during driving but appears a little bit during idling.

1 week after, misfires+rough idle+vibrating+engine light turn on+drivetrain error when cold start.but this goes away when i restart the car

then I got hit with the same thing but this time while driving and it did not go away after restart.

did a coil test by unplugging the connectors with engine on and cylinder 1 was the problem but after swapping coil position it was always cylinder 1 so definitely not coil or plugs.

noticed the connector on cylinder won't plug in nicely, using force results in a very hard feedback and it won't sit tight no matter what.

possible connector issue? can't find anyone that faced a connector issue on bmw forums so seems like it's unlikely but possible?

codes ive pulled had always been "cylinder burning time outside tolerance and cylinder misfire"
Appreciate 0