BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Toddler toy recommendation

07-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #23
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOWER5266 View Post
I have twins due soon
Twins? Congrats! When are you gonna start selling your bimmers?
Never!!
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      07-23-2020, 12:41 PM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Keep the battery size in mind. There is a local guy where I live that makes these things. When I bought mine I could choose the car then battery size and even engine power. He has one for older kids that can go 20km. I upgraded the battery size so it can last 3 hours of use. Driving up hill or on the grass sucks the juice. The battery size doesn't determine the speed.

It's a great toy but also very functional. It's a great alternative to using a stroller which my kid now hates. Great for walking to local grocery stores or errands that are walking distance. It also has the added benefit of make everyone's day who sees him driving it.
I imagine these things run much like my golf cart that I had at a former employer. I handled much of their installation of new production lines at the time; which meant lots of tours and visitors. I talked the plant manager into getting me a golf cart considering our facility was 18 acres under roof. I also mentioned to our master fabricator that I felt like the golf cart was a little slow. It had four batteries 36v batteries, we ordered 6 42v batteries, then he fabricated a plate and a bracket, then wired the batteries in series. That thing would pop wheelies and roast the tires off. We had an absolute blast with it. The point of all this is, if a person can find the space, in one of these toddler toys for more batteries, the torque/speed is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautjit View Post
Bag of Glass, if you are too young google it, one of the best bits SNL ever put out.

KP
The Bag o' Glass was for babies. Mr. Skin-Grafter and General Tron’s Secret Police Confession Kit is where the real action was!
Appreciate 0