BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography jsophoto heads for the roof.

10-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

jsophoto heads for the roof.

last week i went out with my friend Arielle and another photographer (Natchez Richburg aka ProjektPhoto).

we hit the roof of an office building...very logistically challenging as the only access was via a 10 foot ladder and a 4 foot 'hatch' located inside an elevator control room. so...we all met at the building, went inside, got everything situated and got going. first, she and her friend went up. then natchez went up with a rope, and we hauled up her wardrobe. next we hauled up a bag of light stands and a few soft boxes. the challenging part was everything else...i have a Pelican 1510 and 1560, and so does he. both of those boxes (quite full, mind you) got hauled up as well.

the shoot itself started out pretty well. we started at about 530PM with clear skies, a light breeze, and great light. that lasted for about an hour...then the clouds started rolling in. the pictures will demonstrate this. the cloud cover became extremely heavy, and shortly after dark, the lightning started to strike. immediately, we called things to a halt and tried to head for cover...except we had 4 lights, all of our camera gear, and a whole wardrobe to pack up. and everything had to go down the way it came. it started to sprinkle just as the last item was lowered down...and by the time we got the gear all the way downstairs, it was absolutely pouring. i'm not exaggerating when i say that an inch of rain must have fallen in 25 minutes. it was absolutely insane.

due to the challenges of the rapidly and constantly changing light thanks to the storm...and the fact that she had gotten a damn spray tan a mere 24 hours earlier, i had to do a significant amount of post on these images. typically, i don't use CS5 at all. for these, i used it almost every image to correct the color balance in the images. since i was in CS5, i went ahead and played around with a few different processing techniques. quite different from the way i usually do things.

on to the images. enjoy.

Arielle by jsophoto, on Flickr

ProjektPhoto shooting by jsophoto, on Flickr

thanks for looking.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

thanks for sharing

I think it's interesting to see how much the light behind her shows the fuzz on her skin...

sexy girl
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

very nice
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
E90 ME
Crank Hub
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp

Excellent shots, and very cute girl too.
Instagram @fearthemir // Avery Intense Blue Wrap // M3 Front // CF CSL Trunk // ST Coils // Forgestar F14 SDC // JB4 // Catless DP // AA Sport IC // AA Signature Exhaust // BMS DCI // P3 Vent Gauge //
Appreciate 0