BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition *The Official P90x Progress/Motivation Thread*

03-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #309
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
I just finished day 13... basically halfway through Phase 1 now!! So far not seeing a ton of changes other than looking and feeling slimmer in the waist and ass haha! I'm going away this weekend, so I'm gonna have to switch up my schedule slightly by jumping right into Chest and Back tomorrow morning, making Saturday my rest day and then doing Plyo when I come back home on Sunday night. I'm sure it will be a struggle but I'm committed to staying on schedule!
Great job. Flexibility in the schedule is very important. You have to be able to look ahead because 90 days isn't going to come and go without a few problems.
I've had to change my workout/rest days around a few times but I've yet to leave any individual workout undone. 67 days and counting!

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #310
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

man with such a good thread going...and all the positive feedback recently...i really hate to be the bearer of bad news.

this all started last thurs when we had an after work social at a local restaurant/bar. to make a looong story short...i got totally shit-faced...puked my guts out when i got home...which started a downward spiral. i obviously didn't work out that day....but skipped the next day as well because i still felt like crap. this rolled right into the weekend...where i missed sat and sun. well fast forward to today....and i still haven't jumped back into it. Monday was supposed to be the start of phase 2 for me...and believe me i was pumped before last thurs. i had lost about 7lbs(165 ==> 158) and was starting to see the results. now i know its only been a week...but i feel like crap.

help me guys...what should i do?

- do another week of phase 1 to get my body back into the swing of things
- do another 2 weeks of phase 1 because....well...i blew it
- continue on to phase 2....and Paypal everyone in the competition $5 because i've just set myself up for failure
- quit the program all together...go back to the couch....and play MW2 where i can be fat and happy

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #311
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
man with such a good thread going...and all the positive feedback recently...i really hate to be the bearer of bad news.

this all started last thurs when we had an after work social at a local restaurant/bar. to make a looong story short...i got totally shit-faced...puked my guts out when i got home...which started a downward spiral. i obviously didn't work out that day....but skipped the next day as well because i still felt like crap. this rolled right into the weekend...where i missed sat and sun. well fast forward to today....and i still haven't jumped back into it. Monday was supposed to be the start of phase 2 for me...and believe me i was pumped before last thurs. i had lost about 7lbs(165 ==> 158) and was starting to see the results. now i know its only been a week...but i feel like crap.

- continue on to phase 2....and Paypal everyone in the competition $5 because i've just set myself up for failure
- quit the program all together...go back to the couch....and play MW2 where i can be fat and happy

Personally start off where you left off. If it kills you that much then determine what you should do from there.

Dont give it up and become a fat slob that's for damn sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #312
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

If you really feel like you need to get a mini restart, do one more week of phase 1. I know the feeling man, it was St.Patrick's Day yesterday and I went mad drinking. Thank god I drank a shitload of water before I slept. Grabbed all of my gym gear this morning and did a full hour of leg work (not a big bunny rabbit plyo guy anymore) during lunch.

Just keep at it and DO NOT stop and become a couch potato again.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #313
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: really slowly

Quote:

Same thing happened to me (not the getting shit-faced part) i missed a week due to some personal commitments so i was totally out of pace and i decided i'll do an extra week to make up for it. I think you really need to complete phase 1 inorder to prep ur body for the workouts in phase 2 but if u want to do 1-2 extra weeks of phase 1 to get ur body back in shape thats even better..... listen to ur body and it'll tell u if ur ready for phase 2 or not
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #314
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill@Tirerack.com View Post
Great job. Flexibility in the schedule is very important. You have to be able to look ahead because 90 days isn't going to come and go without a few problems.
I've had to change my workout/rest days around a few times but I've yet to leave any individual workout undone. 67 days and counting!
Nice dude! You're in the home stretch!

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #315
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

That idea about doing Phase 1 for a week or even 2 sounds like a good one. I dunno if you want to jump right into Phase 2 and you DEFINITELY should not regress back into a couch potato! It's all good... we're human and things will happen to knock us off track. Don't give up and just get yourself back into the flow!

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #316
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

Yoga literally bent me over and made me grab my ankles.... on a positive note... I feel better now.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #317
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

thanks for all the feedback guys. i've decided to finish out the rest of this week on phase 1....do an additional week of phase 1...then start phase 2. that should get me back on track.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #318
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Just found out today that I'm now at 10.5% Bodyfat! When I first started, I was 19%. All that hardwork is totally paying off Goal of 1.5-2 more months and getting a 6pack is within sight
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #319
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Just found out today that I'm now at 10.5% Bodyfat! When I first started, I was 19%. All that hardwork is totally paying off Goal of 1.5-2 more months and getting a 6pack is within sight

good job buddy!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #320
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

Quote:
Dude, sick!

Keep it up!

I'm in the last week of phase 1, hard to tell if I see much difference, but I feel a lot better!

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #321
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Nice! Keep it up!

Btw, is there any place to purchase those body fat calipers? How did you go about measuring yours?

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #322
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the encouragement everyone

I was able to measure my bfp from my friend's weight scale. It was specificlally designed to check ur bfp. Before it measures, you need to input a bunch of data so it can get as accurate as possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #323
bassholic
Rep
Drives: 3

Was this scale used to measure initial BF and Final? The scales can vary greatly from day to day. However, you have lost BF
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #324
bassholic
Rep
Drives: 3

I can join the challenge - recovery week22-28 going into phase 3, 3-29
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #325
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

I just did my first week! I'm starting week 2 today, its pretty good although doing as many pull ups as they do is just crazy! Yoga kicked my ass too, but I'm feeling good/sore, etc. Can't wait to see some results, it seems I've gained a few lbs this week...
      03-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #326
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

I donno if I like phase 2 as much as phase one. I feel like phase one had better excersizes

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #327
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
I can join the challenge - recovery week22-28 going into phase 3, 3-29
More the merrier, join the challenge.
I'm not entirely sure in all the specifics on that bodyfat scale my friend has.

I've used the scale twice so far, first time 1.5 months ago and just last weekend.

mattssi - Are you by change taking in the recovery drink/whey protein supplement?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #328
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
I donno if I like phase 2 as much as phase one. I feel like phase one had better excersizes
Don't fret. You still have plenty of phase 1 workouts left when you get to phase 3.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #329
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

Ok here is my question. Are we doing the best body transformation or who ever looks the best muscle and abs wise. ( I all ready know how handsome I am ) I am going to post pics on Apr 1 when I hit my 30 day point.

Starting weight: 236 lbs
Current weight: 214 lbs
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #330
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
Ok here is my question. Are we doing the best body transformation or who ever looks the best muscle and abs wise. ( I all ready know how handsome I am ) I am going to post pics on Apr 1 when I hit my 30 day point.

Starting weight: 236 lbs
Current weight: 214 lbs
lol good question, we could just do 2 winners, one for best look and the other for best transformation. so if the pot was say 50 dollars total...... the 2 winners would get 25 each xD
Appreciate 0