BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Summer 2015 European engine update

05-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #1
Maus
Message Board Crawler
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Sofia

Post Summer 2015 European engine update

According to an article on Autoblog.nl, BMW is gearing up to update its European engine line-up this summer from the 1-series to the 4-series and the X5.
Further details can be viewed in this chart, the picture was too long to post.

One of the highlights is that the BMW 118i will receive the B38 1.5L 3-cylinder engine to replace the N13 1.6L 4-cylinder (both rated at 136bhp).

Furthermore, the M235i Convertible will become available as an xDrive model which will have the 8-speed automatic as standard.

The Individual color pallet for the 4-series and M4 will be expanded with Champagne Quartz Metallic and Smokey Topaz.
Finally, the Z4 Roadster with M-Sport package will also be available in Estoril Blue.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus View Post
According to an article on Autoblog.nl, BMW is gearing up to update its European engine line-up this summer from the 1-series to the 4-series and the X5.
Further details can be viewed in this chart, the picture was too long to post.

One of the highlights is that the BMW 118i will receive the B38 1.5L 3-cylinder engine to replace the N13 1.6L 4-cylinder (both rated at 136bhp).

Furthermore, the M235i Convertible will become available as an xDrive model which will have the 8-speed automatic as standard.

The Individual color pallet for the 4-series and M4 will be expanded with Champagne Quartz Metallic and Smokey Topaz.
Finally, the Z4 Roadster with M-Sport package will also be available in Estoril Blue.
Yes significant new engine updates. More Performance and increase in Efficiency and most important. They are compliant with EU6 Legislation. Good for the company as well as the customer.