BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Build That Wall

01-27-2017, 02:44 PM   #375
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
So immigration is your only issue. Nice.

In no way (and let me be clear: NO WAY) is Trump a better candidate than Kasich. We really missed out this election cycle, due to fake news, fear, ignorance, and greed.
Why did the polls miss out on Trump, you say?
2 reasons:
1. So many Trump supporters were afraid of being seen as ignorant if they admitted to being for Trump (and they had good reason to be afraid of that....they were/are ignorant)
2. Polls were off on the EC, but not as much on the popular count.
Can you seriously tone down the ignorant tag for people who voted for Trump? You typify every Hillary supporter as to why people voted for Trump. I can say the same thing about you and all the liberals for being such sheep and denying/deflecting everything that she did and stands for. The constant whining and complaining about EC vs. popular vote is tiresome. Your party lost, deal with it. Calling people ignorant of who they supported shows your ignorance of how out of touch liberals are with the issues in this country. If you don't agree, why did a Democratic president who was in the WH for 8 years lose the Senate and the House during his time? That will tell you everything about how people felt about his policies. But, I'm sure you'll have an excuse for that.
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #376
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Quote:

In no way (and let me be clear: NO WAY) is Trump a better candidate than Kasich. We really missed out this election cycle, due to fake news, fear, ignorance, and greed.
2 reasons:
1. So many Trump supporters were afraid of being seen as ignorant if they admitted to being for Trump (and they had good reason to be afraid of that....they were/are ignorant)
Can you seriously tone down the ignorant tag for people who voted for Trump? You typify every Hillary supporter as to why people voted for Trump. I can say the same thing about you and all the liberals for being such sheep and denying/deflecting everything that she did and stands for. The constant whining and complaining about EC vs. popular vote is tiresome. Your party lost, deal with it. Calling people ignorant of who they supported shows your ignorance of how out of touch liberals are with the issues in this country. If you don't agree, why did a Democratic president who was in the WH for 8 years lose the Senate and the House during his time? That will tell you everything about how people felt about his policies. But, I'm sure you'll have an excuse for that.
My party was the GOP, and you are correct about that, we did lose.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #377
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Yes but Zippster, he's a democrat, you have to hate him even if he were to cure cancer.
Obama promised "We will cure cancer in our lifetime."
I still haven't figured out the our lifetime part.
Seriously, what time frame does this span?
      01-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #378
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2

Quote:
Yes but Zippster, he's a democrat, you have to hate him even if he were to cure cancer.
I was a Democrat when I voted for him! I'm not anymore, but I don't hate all things Democratic.

I can see when someone has a good idea or heart, he may be many things you don't like, but I do not think he is an evil man.

BTW, I'm not a Nixon fan.
Appreciate 2
fecurtis3168.50
VRG_135791.50

01-27-2017, 02:51 PM   #379
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I stand corrected. But, there wasn't going to be a better GOP candidate. We can all agree the rest of the field were a bunch of hacks. Regardless of what you think of Trump, he will get shit done and will push most of these useless politicians to actually do their jobs. We may not all agree with all his decisions though.
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #380
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
I stand corrected. But, there wasn't going to be a better GOP candidate. We can all agree the rest of the field were a bunch of hacks. Regardless of what you think of Trump, he will get shit done and will push most of these useless politicians to actually do their jobs. We may not all agree with all his decisions though.
kasich > trump
Appreciate 3
fecurtis3168.50
VRG_135791.50

01-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #381
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrvergnügen View Post
Ok, that's a lot of name calling for no apparent reason

Please read this article (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ed-their-mark/). It does state one hypothesis is the "shy Trumper". This; however, is just a hypothesis and not proven. Using a few outlying samples to represent the entire reason polls were not accurate is actually not how hypotheses are proven. If you have a better article please post.

Also, I wasn't assuming he was ignorant, I was calling him ignorant based on what he wrote. There's a difference.
There wasnt any name calling. I gave you the option of which you could choose.

If you think of yourself as an ignorant trump supporter, which is different from a normal trump supporter, or well informed trump supporter, thats on you.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #382
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's a legal, and old Soviet move, saying "we can all agree". They (the soviets) used that type of language in their show trials.
Please see my previous post in this thread about Kasich.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #383
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I still dont think you guys are reading. You see the words "Ignorant" and "Trump Supporter" and assume you are being labeled as ignorant because you voted for him. No, you are ignorant for other reasons. There are ignorant Hillary supports, ignorant Trump supporters, Normal Hillary supporters, Normal Trump supporters, etc. Stop being so goddam sensitive. For the ones that are so outspoken about the "Liberal Snowflakes", you guys sure do have a lot in common with them.
Appreciate 3
VRG_135791.50
Beartato859.50

01-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #384
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
That doesn't play well with a New Yorker. And he's a New Yorker.
I'm not sure what Kellyanne Conway did, but she seemed to have a way to get his attention to have him stay, somewhat, on message.
I think Trump has a very savvy crowd around him, which includes Bannon and Conway. Trump didn't get where he is by listening only to himself - both in business and politics.
      01-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #385
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Obama promised "We will cure cancer in our lifetime."
I still haven't figured out the our lifetime part.
Seriously, what time frame does this span?
The day after we all die from cancer.
Appreciate 2
csu872092.50

01-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #386
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hate to burst your bubble, but Kasich would have also been a vote for a democrat. And he wouldn't have beaten Hillary, because he was too close to Hillary. He didn't see immigration as a problem, and therefore wouldn't have had any differentiation.

2 reasons:
Immigration is not MY only issue; far from it. But it's very near the top, as it is with about 3/4 of the electorate, if you believe the polls from the past 20 years.

Much like John McCain, Kasich was the candidate the Democrats wanted the Republicans to run. Problem was that he was simply an idiot:

- He circumvented the Ohio Legislature and expanded Medicaid - which has cost the state about $7B already.

- Senator Nina Turner, a black legislator, told Politico that she offered to help Kasich build a racially diverse cabinet. His response: "I don't need your people."

- According to Politico, a donor questioned why Kasich would wait so long to enter the presidential race. With his famous temper, Kasich snapped: "You don't know what you're talking about."

- In Ohio, Kasich threatened lobbyists who might try to go against him, according to The Los Angeles Times. Shortly after winning the election for governor, he called a luncheon for the entire lobbyist community and said to them all: "If you're not on the bus, we will run over you with the bus. And I'm not kidding."

- Kasich has complained that much of his party, religious as they are, does not believe in legislature that gives to the poor, while he says his own religious background calls him to support the working class. According to Politico, when contributor Randy Kendrick questioned Kasich's decision to expand Medicaid, he pointed at her and said with a raised voice: "I don't know about you lade, but when I get to the Pearly Gates, I'm going to have an answer for what I've done for the poor."

- Kasich was pulled over for passing an emergency vehicle with his lights displayed. Kasich tried to explain that he didn't see any emergency vehicle and therefore didn't yield, but the officer ticketed him for a driving violation. As unpleasant as that situation is for anyone, Kasich brought up the incident in a speech to Ohio EPA workers. According to Cleveland.com, he said about the officer: "He's an idiot! We just can't act that way. What people resent are people who are in the government who don't treat the client with respect."

Last edited by bbbbmw; 01-27-2017 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #387
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Quote:
Why do you have respect for Carter? In all honesty, you're the very first person I've ever heard say that.
He is highly respected in Europe at least. The man had visions in things we rest hadn't considered then yet. Even if we forget him being a winner of a nobel and other things.

Oh, and he was cute.
You can certainly have him - the man who never met a dictator he didn't like.
      01-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #388
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Quote:
Why do you have respect for Carter? In all honesty, you're the very first person I've ever heard say that.
As a former President he has done a lot of humanitarian things like Habitat for Humanity to name one, and I am sure there are other things that just don't come to mind right now. But sure as a president, well the Iran hostage crisis did not go well, other things too. I respect his humanitarian work after leaving office to be specific to your question.
I can appreciate that, but his jumping into world affairs to support the most reprehensible people, multiple times, outweighs anything he did for the poor.
      01-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #389
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That doesn't play well with a New Yorker. And he's a New Yorker.
I'm not sure what Kellyanne Conway did, but she seemed to have a way to get his attention to have him stay, somewhat, on message.
I think Trump has a very savvy crowd around him, which includes Bannon and Conway. Trump didn't get where he is by listening only to himself - both in business and politics.
Bannon makes me nauseous.......
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 03:10 PM   #390
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The day after we all die from cancer.
Baking soda and fresh lemon juice in water first thing out of bed.

01-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #391
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
My agenda is to have a transparent govt. that works for its constituents.

I will also say this....anyone who says "MSM is fake" or "MSM is so biased" shows their ignorance. I've been a fiscal conservative since I was 10, based upon reading the newspaper and watching the news (CBS, and then CNN). Calling the MSM biased or fake in this day and age simply shows that you are intolerant of news you don't want to hear.
...your bias is showing...
      01-27-2017, 03:15 PM   #392
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Bannon makes me nauseous.......
Why?
      01-27-2017, 03:17 PM   #393
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Why? are you a stain?
Appreciate 2
bbbbmw2387.00

01-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #394
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Why? are you a stain?
I'm sure I've been called one.

Ph level booster.

01-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #395
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You'll die of gas.
      01-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #396
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Why? are you a stain?
"Are you an appliance Steve?"
Appreciate 0