BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The official "Ask a cop/deputy anything!" thread

03-25-2022, 12:06 PM   #5611
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
If you weren't eating all those donuts, would you need all the space in the SUV?

The beeping crosswalk lights by work seem to be like the sonic rat traps: homeless don't like it and move to another uncontrolled intersection
Lol! More like pizza, not donuts.

Seriously though…..

…the SUV's are just better. We carry soooooo much gear that even the back of the SUV gets filled up when it's a two man hoop. Getting in and out of the SUV will do much less damage to your back and hips.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615488.50
      03-25-2022, 04:49 PM   #5612
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
If you weren't eating all those donuts, would you need all the space in the SUV?

The beeping crosswalk lights by work seem to be like the sonic rat traps: homeless don't like it and move to another uncontrolled intersection

Seriously though…..

…the SUV's are just better. We carry soooooo much gear that even the back of the SUV gets filled up when it's a two man hoop. Getting in and out of the SUV will do much less damage to your back and hips.
Says the man who bought a Porsche.

Speaking of, what's the latest on the ETA?
      03-25-2022, 05:29 PM   #5613
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Seriously though…..
Po Po fitness. Name:  clown.gif
Views: 1116
Size:  441 Bytes

Name:  G032.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  57.3 KB
Appreciate 3
      03-25-2022, 05:31 PM   #5614
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously though…..

Says the man who bought a Porsche.

Speaking of, what's the latest on the ETA?
Ahhhhh, but I'm not wearing this heavy ass get-up in the Porsche. This duty belt is a pain in the hips and back.

The 992 reaches San Diego, California tonight or tomorrow. Assuming no hang-up at the port, she'll be at the dealership within a week of arrival.
Appreciate 5
cmyx6go15806.50
Esteban44438.50
Buug95917910.00
      03-25-2022, 05:48 PM   #5615
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Ahhhhh, but I'm not wearing this heavy ass get-up in the Porsche. This duty belt is a pain in the hips and back.

The 992 reaches San Diego, California tonight or tomorrow. Assuming no hang-up at the port, she'll be at the dealership within a week of arrival.
Not that I've ever worn it but I'll agree with you 'cause that makes sense and I didn't think about that.
      03-25-2022, 08:00 PM   #5616
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

….and the calamity continues. Thankfully this rider is okay. The Ducati Panigale V4S is done though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
shoei7779.00
vreihen1615488.50
Lady Jane71837.00
Dino GT35134.50
Buug95917910.00
      03-25-2022, 08:18 PM   #5617
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
….and the calamity continues. Thankfully this rider is okay. The Ducati Panigale V4S is done though.
NNNNNNNNNnnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan25207.00
Dino GT35134.50
paquet629.50
      03-25-2022, 08:20 PM   #5618
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quick question. Do the forks looks salvageable? Cuz those are some pricey forks lol. How bout the Ohlins?

And, I don't see shoes laying around on the scene so Duc rider made it out okay?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25207.00
      03-25-2022, 08:26 PM   #5619
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Quick question. Do the forks looks salvageable? Cuz those are some pricey forks lol. How bout the Ohlins?

And, I don't see shoes laying around on the scene so Duc rider made it out okay?
He was transported to L.A. County USC for further evaluation.

P.S. The front forks are done but the rear Ohlins shock looked fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 08:28 PM   #5620
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
But on the real, what happened? It's perplexing to look at because I've seen wrecks at the track who have far less damage than that, even though they lost it at way more speeds than street level. No chicken strips on the tires that I saw (not much tread either) he's got a steering damper looks like so he didn't slap tanks.

I'll just wait for the deets from sedan lol. But now I'm curious, especially considering the bike looks like it was assembled in China and just completely fell apart.
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2022, 08:43 PM   #5621
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But on the real, what happened? It's perplexing to look at because I've seen wrecks at the track who have far less damage than that, even though they lost it at way more speeds than street level. No chicken strips on the tires that I saw (not much tread either) he's got a steering damper looks like so he didn't slap tanks.

I'll just wait for the deets from sedan lol. But now I'm curious, especially considering the bike looks like it was assembled in China and just completely fell apart.
A minivan turned in front of him and he smashed into the passenger side front fender resulting in a high-side. It's 100% the fault of the minivan driver.
Appreciate 6
shoei7779.00
vreihen1615488.50
Lady Jane71837.00
Buug95917910.00
      03-25-2022, 08:45 PM   #5622
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A minivan turned in front of him and he high-sided. It's 100% the fault of the minivan driver.
Yeah minivans insurance bout to go through the roof. High side is no buenos
Appreciate 2
      03-27-2022, 06:37 AM   #5623
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
A minivan turned in front of him and he smashed into the passenger side front fender resulting in a high-side. It's 100% the fault of the minivan driver.
Thanks for the incident breakdown.

I always prepare for oncoming "left turners"... they have a tendency to ruin a motorcycle rider's day...

I hope the rider isn't injured too badly and recovers soon.

Shame about the V4S... Those things are expensive!! it's hear breaking to see such a beautiful machine down for the count.
Sedan_Clan25207.00
      03-27-2022, 09:06 AM   #5624
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Sedan_Clan;28729516"
Thanks for the incident breakdown.

I always prepare for oncoming "left turners"... they have a tendency to ruin a motorcycle rider's day...

I hope the rider isn't injured too badly and recovers soon.

Shame about the V4S... Those things are expensive!! it's hear breaking to see such a beautiful machine down for the count.
Here's the impact photograph clipped from the CCTV footage.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Dino GT35134.50
Buug95917910.00
      03-27-2022, 09:44 AM   #5625
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep

Good morning Steve...

Name:  Straws.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  72.8 KB
Appreciate 6
Sedan_Clan25207.00
Buug95917910.00
vreihen1615488.50
paquet629.50
BMWGUYinCO4125.00
      03-28-2022, 07:33 AM   #5626
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Agreed. Thats one thing I dont understand about our military vehicles, we have so much shit attached to us, yet they make the doors and seats the size of a Little Tikes car.

Strap another 60+lbs onto us, make us have to do yoga to get in and out of our vehicles, and then tell us "We're sorry, but we don't think your back problems are service connected."

Quote:
Damn cagers. Mini vans and mid/full size SUVs are the worst and I've had more close calls with those than anything. Any time I see a soccer mom vehicle I always anticipate them doing something stupid without looking, and I'm usually right.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 3
      03-29-2022, 01:21 PM   #5627
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Craigslist ad:

"Dropped once in driveway, minor scratches. Asking $20,000."
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 2
shoei7779.00
Sedan_Clan25207.00
      03-29-2022, 01:22 PM   #5628
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Quote:
Craigslist ad:

"Dropped once in driveway, minor scratches. Asking $20,000."
I chortled. So true.

I also love when they say - "but she starts." Yeah, that's not the difficult part lol
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #5629
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep

Snow + Fog + Not adjusting speed =

https://twitter.com/PaulMitchell_AB/...1-whbbp_Dg0qzw
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25207.00
      03-30-2022, 02:41 AM   #5630
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Saw that one on Reddit and posed the question "does nobody carry road flares anymore?" My line of thinking is a couple people with flares running along the shoulder back up into traffic trying to get people to slow down might have worked wonders comparatively.

The response I got back : "I've never even seen flares in stores, wtf?"

My response to that : "You're not looking then because they're fucking everywhere and even have bright ass LED versions now."

Flares and a reflective belt are 2 things I've carried in every car and motorcycle I've ever owned since I was 16. When I got my first car my uncle bought me a roadside safety kit, drilled it into me that I might need it, and sure as shit I used the flares maybe 3 months later when a dude in front of me hit a deer and spun out, blocking the road on a very twisty route.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 07:38 AM   #5631
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Saw that one on Reddit and posed the question "does nobody carry road flares anymore?" My line of thinking is a couple people with flares running along the shoulder back up into traffic trying to get people to slow down might have worked wonders comparatively.

The response I got back : "I've never even seen flares in stores, wtf?"

My response to that : "You're not looking then because they're fucking everywhere and even have bright ass LED versions now."

Flares and a reflective belt are 2 things I've carried in every car and motorcycle I've ever owned since I was 16. When I got my first car my uncle bought me a roadside safety kit, drilled it into me that I might need it, and sure as shit I used the flares maybe 3 months later when a dude in front of me hit a deer and spun out, blocking the road on a very twisty route.

True, flares are readily available, however in situations like that crash you do not want to get out of your vehicle to set up flares. You're safer staying in your vehicle. Plus is situations like those there usually isn't time to get out, run down the road and set up flares to let people know that something is happening ahead.

With that said, as someone who lives in a state that gets some of the worst winter weather in the country, road conditions can change instantly. Yes, in the case of the video above conditions are limited visibility and it should be a given to slow down, but even that can happen with no warning. We always see these things happen on highways and freeways. Yes, in hind sight conditions appear to be bad enough that common sense would say drive slower, but if conditions previous to this spot didn't call for slowing down then correct thing to do is not panic, not suddenly use brakes to slow down (causes traction loss), and to stay steady and smooth, especially on a freeway where traffic behind you is moving at a high rate also.

The last one that happened recently that has been in the news with the dash cam footage in the semi, I keep seeing people comment how the truck driver never attempted to hit the brakes or slow down. Technically he was right if he wanted to have the most control of his vehicle. Any amount of brake pressure in that situation would have put him into an uncontrollable slide. He proceeded to move over to the left, which as he approached appeared to be the clearest path at the time.

We recently had a bad pileup here, highways were just fine and clear but it had snowed the night before and wind was blowing like mad. It caused white out conditions on one particular stretch of road that as you're coming around a corner breaks through some trees between two lakes. Wind coming across the lake picked up all the fresh snow and carried it right over the highway, causing immediate ice and white out with no warning. At 60mph you don't see it coming until you're in it, and you simply don't have the time to slow down beforehand. If you try to slow down once you're in it you lose traction, so best bet is to stay steady and hope to god no one is in the way. MOST people know this and 90% of the time everyone gets through without much drama, but then you have the one panic driver that slams on the brakes, goes into a slide, and it's a domino effect from there.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 04:05 AM   #5632
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I got pulled over in Beverly Hills this evening - absolute harassment.

Driving the speed limit in sport + and the cop flipped a U turn and pulled me over.

Said that there is a law that you aren't allowed to drive in "sport mode" in Beverly Hills anymore. I apologetically responded that I'm an attorney and had no idea of this new law and "should have known" and that I'd look it up for reference … cop got a bit flustered, took my ID for about 30 seconds and returned in saying it was a new law and he'd let me off with a warning.

Of course I haven't memorized the BH penal code, but I'm pretty sure there is no law that says I can't put my stock-exhaust car in "sport mode" (his words) on rodeo drive only. Wasn't revving or anything, barely even downshifting when coming to a stop. Clearly wanted to see who was driving, and sadly, probably would have given trouble to someone else…

Nobody on the road (it was about 10pm) just making my way home. He also asked if the car was mine (I shaved recently, so I guess I look young to be an attorney with an M4 )

Thoughts? Am I the fool? Is there really a law that reads "thou shall not drive in 'sport mode' on rodeo drive from Wilshire boulevard to Santa Monica boulevard"? Would love to see it and raise the issue with the BH Bar Association
I'm not sure if this is a serious post or not.
He's an attorney in Los Angeles driving a M4 and salty because I'd venture a guess he had pops and burbles going on late at night in a quiet town that already has crazier set of rules and laws than LA County. BH is the size of some Costco's in this country. They have their own police department. Yeah, you don't do dumb shit in BH - every local and every criminal knows this. The fact that he even told the cop he's an attorney is all you need to know lol. You already know it wasn't - "oh hey btw, I'm an attorney should you ever need one!"

Plus, between the cameras and all their squad cars are filming 24-7 and scanning every single license plate, even ones that are parked. Let's say they are alerted to a crime later, the probability something has been filmed already is ridiculously high. Don't do dumb shit in 90210. It ain't worth it. Not unless you make cop buddies or mayoral buddies. In BH.
You don't do dumb shit yeah, at the same time the same city we are talking about is having these during broad day light.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rly-Hills.html

https://www.foxla.com/news/smash-and...elry-store.amp

Everyone who is familiar with los angeles knows that these took place right by rodeo drive during day time only couple blocks south. So I wish they took this as seriously as they took SaMaster14 's exhaust..
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144469.00