BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Still seems we may get a 6MT Z4 in the US

03-05-2023, 06:44 AM   #1
rikwynnpa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G29 Z4 3.0

Still seems we may get a 6MT Z4 in the US

Ive read several posts in the last month or so online that indicate that BMW is waiting until MY24 to give us the 6MT Z4 option. Makes sense if you think about it. MY23 we got the LCI, a new wheel and new colors. That will drive some sales for sure. Then if MY25 is the last year of the G29 it would make sense to introduce the 6MT for MY24 to drive some additional sales during the last 2 years. My sense is some of the M3/M4 crowd are not that happy with the size and weight increases of those models and want a lighter, better handling BMW with a 6MT. Some of those guys go to the new M2, some may come to a MY24 M40i 6MT Z4.

I bet the transmission guys already know if a 6MT will happen. I'd bet money it comes for MY24 and the take rate is higher than people think.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2023, 06:53 AM   #2
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
Ive read several posts in the last month or so online that indicate that BMW is waiting until MY24 to give us the 6MT Z4 option. Makes sense if you think about it. MY23 we got the LCI, a new wheel and new colors. That will drive some sales for sure. Then if MY25 is the last year of the G29 it would make sense to introduce the 6MT for MY24 to drive some additional sales during the last 2 years. My sense is some of the M3/M4 crowd are not that happy with the size and weight increases of those models and want a lighter, better handling BMW with a 6MT. Some of those guys go to the new M2, some may come to a MY24 M40i 6MT Z4.

I bet the transmission guys already know if a 6MT will happen. I'd bet money it comes for MY24 and the take rate is higher than people think.
Yes, I reported this Friday on the multi page Z4 Manual thread.

https://g29.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=209
Appreciate 0