BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum 2022 BMW Z4 m40i Window Position

02-23-2023, 07:44 PM   #1
Craigcotton62
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

2022 BMW Z4 m40i Window Position

Hello All, Does anyone know why if you use the auto down switch on either door the glass only goes down to just above the black weather stripping (about an eighth of an inch above the weather stripping) and if you hold the switch until the window stops itself the glass will go down below the black weather stripping? Also if after using the auto down button and the window stops itself you can go back and push the button down again the window will lower further to under the weather stripping? Thank you in advance for any comments, Craig
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 08:53 PM   #2
COKen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Rster / Z4 M40i / X5 M50i

You may need to reset your windows. Just open your window by holding the button down until the window stops and then run the window back up while holding the button up until the window stops. You may need to run the window up and down more than once while holding the button down, but I think once should do it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 09:02 PM   #3
StanDiego
Darth ZEDer
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 sDrive3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigcotton62 View Post
Hello All, Does anyone know why if you use the auto down switch on either door the glass only goes down to just above the black weather stripping (about an eighth of an inch above the weather stripping) and if you hold the switch until the window stops itself the glass will go down below the black weather stripping? Also if after using the auto down button and the window stops itself you can go back and push the button down again the window will lower further to under the weather stripping? Thank you in advance for any comments, Craig
My '22 30i operates as expected. I suspect your windows limits need re-calibrating. I haven't tried it on the Z4 but on other BMWs, you press the window down button until it closes all of the way and continue holding it down for 15 seconds then you roll the window up and hold it for 15 seconds. It sometimes takes more than one attempt and if the down/up doesn't work, try up/down sequence. Please share if this resolves your issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 12:56 AM   #4
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

POV don’t have my car yet…but..

Could someone try the comfort opening feature please for me. The name I’ve used might be a bit old school and definitely isn’t confused with comfort access eg keeping the key in your pocket and opening via the door handles only.

It used to be a coupe feature on BMWs and I assume still is here. It was handy when parked close to cars / objects.

1. Double Press the open button
2. Approach car and open door as usual via the handle
3. Window of the door just opened should open down to 1/2 way (should work for driver and/or passenger)
4. Get in with slightly easier acces
5. Close door
6. Window goes back up on its own, no pressing anything needed

Small thing I know but essential in parking garages and right spaces I used to find.

Sorry OP bit off track but window related and it reminded me!

Good luck with the reset. Current operation doesn’t sound right.
      02-24-2023, 02:53 AM   #5
Combatcrew2
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4

Yes I can confirm that is what my comfort access does and as you say essential for me getting in and out of my parking garage👍
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50