BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) At last.. Ferrari confirm Alonso, Kimi out.

10-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
So I guess this means that I didn't get the job? I had been waiting around all WEEK for Ferrari to call me up and give me Kimi's seat ... DAMNIT Alonso gets all the good breaks.

10-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #24
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
So I guess this means that I didn't get the job? I had been waiting around all WEEK for Ferrari to call me up and give me Kimi's seat ... DAMNIT Alonso gets all the good breaks.

If you were smart like me you would've just applied at Renault. I'll see you on the grid in Bahrain.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #25
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Not a huge fan of Alonso - Yes - He is a fantastic Driver, but he's been involved in way too many sketchy backstabbing issues: the McLaren fine as well as the recently uncovered Renault crash in Singapore... not to even mention his very tumultuous relaitonship with Hamilton.

I do like Kimi , but feel that Kimi was slacking abit this year. Not only has he lost some of his focus, he has gotten a bit pudgey around the middle.

Hopefully, the change will be good for both of them. Ferrari is good at working with Prima donnas, as long as they produce and Kimi should be welcomed back to McLaren - knows the culture.
      10-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #26
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS View Post
Not a huge fan of Alonso - Yes - He is a fantastic Driver, but he's been involved in way too many sketchy backstabbing issues: the McLaren fine as well as the recently uncovered Renault crash in Singapore... not to even mention his very tumultuous relaitonship with Hamilton.

I do like Kimi , but feel that Kimi was slacking abit this year. Not only has he lost some of his focus, he has gotten a bit pudgey around the middle.

Hopefully, the change will be good for both of them. Ferrari is good at working with Prima donnas, as long as they produce and Kimi should be welcomed back to McLaren - knows the culture.
All well said!