BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions BIMMERPOST App 4.3.x Official Bugs/Suggestion Thread

Closed Thread

05-21-2017, 08:25 PM   #133
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
Here it is. Just can't see the very top.
Thanks for that.

There's nothing up there. That's the very top of your avatar. You have nothing on your avatar above the words tire rack.
      05-21-2017, 09:11 PM   #134
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Now we just have to find out why the submit button is hidden when I hold my phone vertically.
      05-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #135
mrduder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Notification settings aren't being saved for some reason. I keep unchecking news notifications and each time I close and open the app, it's back on.
Appreciate 1
bimmette6452.50
      05-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #136
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Modern Line

Garage List
Is it possible to add the ability to reorder forums in the "My Forums" section?
      05-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #137
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrduder View Post
Notification settings aren't being saved for some reason. I keep unchecking news notifications and each time I close and open the app, it's back on.
This will be fixed in the next version coming out this week some time
      05-28-2017, 01:39 AM   #138
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by apptest View Post
Finishing up stability testing today. Should get pushed to App Store tommorow and possibly available on Monday. Version will be 4.4
Quote:
next version coming out this week some time
Here are a few bugs and suggestions for version 4.4.2.75

Ampersand (&), Less Than (<) and Greater Than (>) does not display correctly in forums list in "My Forums" and title when accessed via "My Forums" - note that it does display correctly when accessed via "Forums".
Possible cause may be related to escaping in either HTML or XML encoding. May need to ensure other escapable characters encode correctly. Example:
Wheels & Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
The order of the forums list in "My Forums" has changed.
What would be really useful is if the order can be customised and stored on each user profile.

The spacing of the forums list in "My Forums" has increased 1.5-2 times what it was previously, which means more unnecessary scrolling.

Preview images are being cropped in the thread - should display a resized preview image in the app to fit the app width (when you tap on the cropped image, the full image should be displayed). Examples:
[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4195/3...cedc9ac5_h.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...rvana/15_1.jpg[/IMG]

Provide search capability while in a sub-forum and make the search be restricted to returning results from just that sub-forum.
Can a non-Google search been implemented?

Include an extended set of text functions, e.g. Font (type, size), Lists (ordered/numbered, unordered/bullets).

View Profile should show:
  • whether the user is online - could be done using the same icon as in the web browser or using different background or font colours, e.g. green is online and red (or default white) is offline. Alternatively, use background colour on the Rep / Followers / Posts block to indicate online/offline status
  • user's current activity if online, otherwise the last date/time the user was online

Minimalistic landscape mode - for more screen realestate in landscape mode:
  • remove bimmerpost banner, toolbar and title bar
  • remove bottom navigation panel and replace with translucent navigation arrows (or only have navigation arrows in portrait mode)
Appreciate 1
Mark6657.50
      05-28-2017, 08:18 AM   #139
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 View Post
Here are a few bugs and suggestions for version 4.4.2.75

Ampersand (&), Less Than (<) and Greater Than (>) does not display correctly in forums list in "My Forums" and title when accessed via "My Forums" - note that it does display correctly when accessed via "Forums".
Possible cause may be related to escaping in either HTML or XML encoding. May need to ensure other escapable characters encode correctly. Example:
Wheels & Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
The order of the forums list in "My Forums" has changed.
What would be really useful is if the order can be customised and stored on each user profile.

The spacing of the forums list in "My Forums" has increased 1.5-2 times what it was previously, which means more unnecessary scrolling.

Preview images are being cropped in the thread - should display a resized preview image in the app to fit the app width (when you tap on the cropped image, the full image should be displayed). Examples:
[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4195/3...cedc9ac5_h.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...rvana/15_1.jpg[/IMG]

Provide search capability while in a sub-forum and make the search be restricted to returning results from just that sub-forum.
Can a non-Google search been implemented?

Include an extended set of text functions, e.g. Font (type, size), Lists (ordered/numbered, unordered/bullets).

View Profile should show:
  • whether the user is online - could be done using the same icon as in the web browser or using different background or font colours, e.g. green is online and red (or default white) is offline. Alternatively, use background colour on the Rep / Followers / Posts block to indicate online/offline status
  • user's current activity if online, otherwise the last date/time the user was online

Minimalistic landscape mode - for more screen realestate in landscape mode:
  • remove bimmerpost banner, toolbar and title bar
  • remove bottom navigation panel and replace with translucent navigation arrows (or only have navigation arrows in portrait mode)
Thanks for the long list of suggestions as usual, many of these we can do, will look to add these into the upcoming updates!

Your feedback is very much appreciated as always you help make the app better!

Just FYI, with the spacing in My Forums, it actually hasn't changed at all. It might be larger for you now as the 'Large' setting for 'Thread Title Size' now affects this area. Try changing it to small. For simplicity reasons they are combined into one control. See if small works better for you?
      05-28-2017, 08:38 AM   #140
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Thanks for the long list of suggestions as usual, many of these we can do, will look to add these into the upcoming updates!

Your feedback is very much appreciated as always you help make the app better!

Just FYI, with the spacing in My Forums, it actually hasn't changed at all. It might be larger for you now as the 'Large' setting for 'Thread Title Size' now affects this area. Try changing it to small. For simplicity reasons they are combined into one control. See if small works better for you?
Happy to help!

I checked the Settings for Thread Title Size and it was already set to Small. I tried changing to Large, refreshed the My Forums list to check it and changed it back to Small, refresh again and check it but there wasn't much difference. While the actual font size did change, the row height didn't change that much. For Large, nine rows appear in the My Forums list and, for Small, ten rows appear.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #141
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Happy to help!

I checked the Settings for Thread Title Size and it was already set to Small. I tried changing to Large, refreshed the My Forums list to check it and changed it back to Small, refresh again and check it but there wasn't much difference. While the actual font size did change, the row height didn't change that much. For Large, nine rows appear in the My Forums list and, for Small, ten rows appear.

Right now we have the search function for subforms located in the extra menu (three dots button located next to new post pencil icon). Is that what you meant?
      05-28-2017, 09:02 AM   #142
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Happy to help!

Right now we have the search function for subforms located in the extra menu (three dots button located next to new post pencil icon). Is that what you meant?
The three vertical dots lists an option for "Search this forum" but it seems to search the whole chassis forum, e.g. 1addicts, rather than the forum/sub-forum that you're browsing, e.g. a specific regional forum or a Wheels/Tyres forum or a DIY forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #143
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Happy to help!

The three vertical dots lists an option for "Search this forum" but it seems to search the whole chassis forum, e.g. 1addicts, rather than the forum/sub-forum that you're browsing, e.g. a specific regional forum or a Wheels/Tyres forum or a DIY forum.
I think if there are not enough results in the place you are looking it searches outside that forum. Is there a specific thread you know of that you are looking for but is not coming up on the list?
      05-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #144
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

I'm having issues saving any changes in the App's settings options. There is no "save" button (can't remember if there was one before) and if I just go back to the main screen the changes are reverted.

Any help? The constant News notifications are a bit much...

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2017, 11:11 AM   #145
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
I'm having issues saving any changes in the App's settings options. There is no "save" button (can't remember if there was one before) and if I just go back to the main screen the changes are reverted.

Any help? The constant News notifications are a bit much...
are you able to see which version of the app you are on ?
      05-29-2017, 12:39 PM   #146
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
are you able to see which version of the app you are on ?
It's 4.4.2.75 I actually think its working now. Just re-tried changing push notification settings and closed the app, they seem to have saved for now.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2017, 07:02 PM   #147
///Mongo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Coupe

I am getting notifications that someone "replied" to me, but they didn't actually reply to me. I never posted in these threads.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Yeineken1297.50
      05-29-2017, 07:28 PM   #148
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mongo View Post
I am getting notifications that someone "replied" to me, but they didn't actually reply to me. I never posted in these threads.
Getting these as well. Really annoying.
      05-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #149
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Happy to help!

I think if there are not enough results in the place you are looking it searches outside that forum. Is there a specific thread you know of that you are looking for but is not coming up on the list?
That appears as if it's happening sometimes but not all the time. I suppose it would be okay if all results from the sub-forum were returned first but it would be even better if the search result was restricted to just the sub-forum.

As an example, search for Berk in the Australian Classifieds sub-forum - there should be nine results/threads. It's not very useful if you get results from the Engine sub-forum if your trying to find something for sale in your region/country.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #150
Captain
Australia
Rep

Another minor search related bug:
While using the "Search this forum" function, tapping on the top status bar doesn't scroll the page to the top of the screen - it seems as if the status bar layer is in the background.
Appreciate 1
apptest2996.00
      06-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #151
Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

When going to notification in the mobile app.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #152
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

What was the OG sound for push notifications? I can't "preview" the sound and don't know what to choose. I keep freaking out when my phone makes some car noise, not the familiar "doink" it used to.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #153
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Modern Line

Garage List
@apptest thanks for the iOS app update today.
      06-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #154
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
@apptest thanks for the iOS app update today.
No problem. Hopefully you are able to reorder your my forums now