BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Great Buying Experience

01-08-2021, 05:27 PM   #1
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
Great Buying Experience

So I've been lurking the G29 Forum for some time watching the posts seeing what was going on in the Covid-19 marketplace regarding getting a decent deal on a new Z4. I have to admit I was worried that it was going to be an ordeal and that there would be delays in getting my order into production. After corresponding with a low-price internet dealer I was familiar with I also was worried that there would be no deals on Z4s for some time.

Regardless, on Sunday afternoon I sent a flurry of emails to many dealerships across the U.S. indicating I was ready to sign if I got a deal I was happy with. One dealer never responded, four dealerships said "we can't help you" and one dealership called me with an offer. With very little negotiation I got a price of $54,855 on a $60,085 MSRP 2021 Z4 sDrive30i. The price included a discount of $500 from BMW's Military Program (wife's a brat) but most of the discount was from the dealership.

With such a good deal I had no hesitation signing on the dotted line. That was Sunday night. My order entered production today!

Now, I can't say that there is another deal equal to what I got with this dealership, but I do know that the sales manager and sales advisor I worked with were very professional, capable and are generally known to offer good deals. If you would like to know who I worked with me, please message me through this site as I am more than happy to share names and contact info. Good dealerships and people should be rewarded for good work.

It's a trip talking to various sales advisors. I had one that actually asked me what monthly payment I wanted rather than telling me the price on the car! Another dealership told me I wasn't in their geographic area even though I am taking delivery at the Performance Delivery Center. Any dealership can sell to anyone taking delivery there.

So cool to go from email for quote to a VIN and production in five days. I know Z4s are fast but ...
Appreciate 1
Mixitt368.50
      01-08-2021, 06:41 PM   #2
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geradeaus View Post
So I've been lurking the G29 Forum for some time watching the posts seeing what was going on in the Covid-19 marketplace regarding getting a decent deal on a new Z4. I have to admit I was worried that it was going to be an ordeal and that there would be delays in getting my order into production. After corresponding with a low-price internet dealer I was familiar with I also was worried that there would be no deals on Z4s for some time.

Regardless, on Sunday afternoon I sent a flurry of emails to many dealerships across the U.S. indicating I was ready to sign if I got a deal I was happy with. One dealer never responded, four dealerships said "we can't help you" and one dealership called me with an offer. With very little negotiation I got a price of $54,855 on a $60,085 MSRP 2021 Z4 sDrive30i. The price included a discount of $500 from BMW's Military Program (wife's a brat) but most of the discount was from the dealership.

With such a good deal I had no hesitation signing on the dotted line. That was Sunday night. My order entered production today!

Now, I can't say that there is another deal equal to what I got with this dealership, but I do know that the sales manager and sales advisor I worked with were very professional, capable and are generally known to offer good deals. If you would like to know who I worked with me, please message me through this site as I am more than happy to share names and contact info. Good dealerships and people should be rewarded for good work.

It's a trip talking to various sales advisors. I had one that actually asked me what monthly payment I wanted rather than telling me the price on the car! Another dealership told me I wasn't in their geographic area even though I am taking delivery at the Performance Delivery Center. Any dealership can sell to anyone taking delivery there.

So cool to go from email for quote to a VIN and production in five days. I know Z4s are fast but ...
Congrats! For 60k MSRP on the S30i, that must be loaded!

Post the specs, would love to see them.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 07:09 PM   #3
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcard71 View Post

Here ya' go:

see pdf attachment
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2021 BMW Z4 sDrive30i Final Order.pdf (413.1 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by Geradeaus; 01-09-2021 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
jcard71153.50
      01-08-2021, 07:32 PM   #4
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Here ya' go:

see pdf attachment
Must be because I'm on my cell, can't see PDF attached.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 07:16 AM   #5
Mixitt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 X40i; 2021 Z4 30i

Quote:
Here ya' go:

see pdf attachment
Helluva nice build, great price. Congradulations!

Quote:
It's a trip talking to various sales advisors. I had one that actually asked me what monthly payment I wanted rather than telling me the price on the car!
That's pretty cheesy but quite common in communities where folks aren't too saavy and tend to have poor credit. BMW is not a Fiat or Kia, sheesh.

Last edited by Mixitt; 01-09-2021 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #6
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixitt View Post
Helluva nice build, great price. Congratulations!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 07:42 AM   #7
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry. How did you get your "Here's the final build" specs post on your "The final price. Thoughts?" thread? I can't find an automated way to list all that detail. I just posted the printout from the Configurator.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 08:05 AM   #8
SouthernYankee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 Z4 sdrive30i Misano/Magma

Garage List
Congrats! I'm doing PCD on Monday for my sdrive30i with a very similar build. I got a very similar discount which made me very happy, especially since I had to order it. I didn't get active cruise but did get the 19" 799M wheels, remote start, and the extended shadowline package. I got Misano Blue on Magma Red. Can't wait for Monday!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 09:29 AM   #9
Mixitt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sorry. How did you get your "Here's the final build" specs post on your "The final price. Thoughts?" thread? I can't find an automated way to list all that detail. I just posted the printout from the Configurator.
No trouble loading the PDF file using the Firefox browser on my computer.

Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 10:52 AM   #10
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I just cut and pasted
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #11
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernYankee View Post
Congrats! I'm doing PCD on Monday for my sdrive30i with a very similar build. I got a very similar discount which made me very happy, especially since I had to order it. I didn't get active cruise but did get the 19" 799M wheels, remote start, and the extended shadowline package. I got Misano Blue on Magma Red. Can't wait for Monday!
Hey, that's great! Sounds like a nice setup on your car.

I would be interested in hearing about your PCD. Will you get to do the driving course in a Z4? When I did it in 2008 I was taking delivery of a 335i and they were using 328is on the track. I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be able to tear it up with the higher horsepower motor, but it was a complete blast even using the 328i version. I hope they've got some Z4s for us!

Give us some pictures and a little review of your PCD when you get back if you don't mind. We don't have a separate forum for PCD here (as far as I can tell) so I guess you would need to post it under this forum.

Have a great time!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 11:01 AM   #12
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just cut and pasted
From where? Website? Docs for owner under your garage? I don't see a listing of all those features. I'll poke around further...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 02:04 PM   #13
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I just cut and pasted
From where? Website? Docs for owner under your garage? I don't see a listing of all those features. I'll poke around further...
My Salesman sent them to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 05:07 PM   #14
rikwynnpa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G29 Z4 3.0

About right

A 10% discount on a Z4 convertible in the dead of winter on a unit thats not in inventory (no dealer carrying costs) seems about right. I got a similar price about a year ago on mine.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 06:15 AM   #15
SouthernYankee
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey, that's great! Sounds like a nice setup on your car.

I would be interested in hearing about your PCD. Will you get to do the driving course in a Z4? When I did it in 2008 I was taking delivery of a 335i and they were using 328is on the track. I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be able to tear it up with the higher horsepower motor, but it was a complete blast even using the 328i version. I hope they've got some Z4s for us!

Give us some pictures and a little review of your PCD when you get back if you don't mind. We don't have a separate forum for PCD here (as far as I can tell) so I guess you would need to post it under this forum.

Have a great time!
Thanks! I'm super excited. We are just doing delivery at PCD for the time being. We'll go back for the track experience once we've been vaccinated. We figured that was a little safer and we live close enough to the PC to drive there easily. I could barely sleep last night from excitement!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 07:38 AM   #16
Mixitt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
A 10% discount on a Z4 convertible in the dead of winter on a unit thats not in inventory (no dealer carrying costs) seems about right. I got a similar price about a year ago on mine.
He actually got 8% off when you back out his wife's $500, which is unreal.

A 10% discount straight off MSRP is unheard of thanks to the Covid impact on production and pricing. Deals were totally different, and generous a year ago compared to now. BMW isn't even offering a Loyalty discount.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 04:16 PM   #17
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
That's what I thought too but almost every dealer I contacted had no interest in making a deal. Allocations in North America are scarce.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 04:24 PM   #18
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks! I'm super excited. We are just doing delivery at PCD for the time being. We'll go back for the track experience once we've been vaccinated. We figured that was a little safer and we live close enough to the PC to drive there easily. I could barely sleep last night from excitement!
I understand. I only went ahead with the deal after learning I would be vaccinated by March 1. I'm in the Pfizer vaccine trial and they are moving everyone from the placebo arm into the vaccine arm of the trial. Of course, I guess I could have already received the vaccine but based on how I reacted to the shots I doubt it.

From what I've read the Performance Center delivery has been modified due to Covid. I think the only time when you share a car is on the hot lap. The skidpad session is done alone with instructions over the radio.

Better safe than sorry. Enjoy your delivery!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 07:11 PM   #19
SouthernYankee
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I understand. I only went ahead with the deal after learning I would be vaccinated by March 1. I'm in the Pfizer vaccine trial and they are moving everyone from the placebo arm into the vaccine arm of the trial. Of course, I guess I could have already received the vaccine but based on how I reacted to the shots I doubt it.

From what I've read the Performance Center delivery has been modified due to Covid. I think the only time when you share a car is on the hot lap. The skidpad session is done alone with instructions over the radio.

Better safe than sorry. Enjoy your delivery!
It was a blast! Very happy for you that you're getting the vaccine soon. I've got my fingers crossed for spring. I'm 43 but no health problems (luckily) so I'm not in a priority group. Until then I'll just continue being a hermit LOL. Well, except for picking up my new baby yesterday!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 04:19 PM   #20
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It was a blast! Very happy for you that you're getting the vaccine soon. I've got my fingers crossed for spring. I'm 43 but no health problems (luckily) so I'm not in a priority group. Until then I'll just continue being a hermit LOL. Well, except for picking up my new baby yesterday!
Saw your pictures on your thread. Beautiful! Enjoy!
Appreciate 0