BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) WHEN will HAM take up the challenge?

11-27-2020, 06:46 AM   #199
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
You quote from a leftie newspaper, oh..right on man.
Oh wow. You are engaged in what the leftist do on this side of the pond: Denigrate the article because of the source rather than considering the information delivered. Intellectual dishonesty at its highest level.

Bravo.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2020, 06:52 AM   #200
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Oh I know the interview...and I know the engine regulations that the FIA set for the 2013 season...because they are a matter of public record.

So what to believe....Montezemolo or the actual FIA regulations.

Odd also...Montezemolo was against the 4 cylinder engine regs so why support the V6 hybrid regs if he knew that Merc were developing a V6 hybrid since 2007.

Almost as if its all BS.
Yes. All I can say, having been to the factory, it that they are always testing different configurations for EVERYTHING. Mercedes is a machine. A no d**khead culture. Mission focused. Blameless culture.

I rather believe that Lauda was trolling Montezemolo in the same way that Mercedes has been trolling RBR about the chassis.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 07:15 AM   #201
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
A senile old man who, while a gazillionaire, is aptly called...The Poison Dwarf.

And just for context...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...g-promoting-f1

From before he became senile...
My friend ,your article is old as well ! "2015" is NOT from yesterday ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58912.00
      11-27-2020, 07:21 AM   #202
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend ,your article is old as well ! "2015" is NOT from yesterday ...
It is to provide context, my friend.

Steps to getting press coverage in 2020:

1. Call some wag in the press.
2. Say Lewis is great but, "...
3. Add whatever negative BS you have to add which will denigrate HAM.
4. Boom...global coverage.

Bernie is a toxin. Always has been, always will be. Though he did commercialize and professionalize F1, it could have been so much better without his autocratic behavior and blatant favoritism towards Ferrari.

Bernie wants to be in F1 but they pushed him out at the first chance. Good riddance.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 07:21 AM   #203
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
You know what, never mind, this pretty desperate and low even for you.
I didn't said anything . I'm pretty sure Ecclestone knows it better than us ...
It's not low . These are facts !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58912.00
      11-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #204
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Oh wow. You are engaged in what the leftist do on this side of the pond: Denigrate the article because of the source rather than considering the information delivered. Intellectual dishonesty at its highest level.

Bravo.
If you lived over here you'd understand, on your side of the pond I would call it spare mens-room paper. Lets be careful tho as politics not allowed.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2020, 07:24 AM   #205
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Bernie is a toxin. Always has been, always will be. Though he did commercialize and professionalize F1, it could have been so much better without his autocratic behavior and blatant favoritism towards Ferrari.

Bernie wants to be in F1 but they pushed him out at the first chance. Good riddance.
Oh come on, he's not everyones favourite and he transformed F1 into a big money show.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2020, 07:46 AM   #206
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Well my friend . Who made this thread ? => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1768496

"Isn't that asking for trouble" ?

As far as I can read , some HAM-fans are pretty crazy , and some posts have reached a level of ignorant arrogance and disillusioned nature, it's amazing these guys are actually allowed in society !

Why should we take all this 5H1T ? Perhaps you guys are thinking we are retarded idiots..
What you guys are feeling for HAM . That's what we are feeling for MAX ! And that will NEVER change !
We have to deal with the fasted car of the decade , MAX is the underdog and the only driver who is able to split the Mercs !
What's wrong with that ?
You guys win everything in the fastest car of the decade ! Isn't that enough ?

Our posts from us MAX-fans are a defence mechanism !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58912.00
      11-27-2020, 07:54 AM   #207
M5Rick
General
Rep

^ There's also the rest of the field who have to suffer in silence my friend, what they must be going through and I don't see many fans for them on here or do they just change the spots and go with the fastest car whatever it is.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2020, 08:36 AM   #208
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Perhaps you guys are thinking we are retarded idiots..
Based solely on the ill informed nonsense you and your side kick post then yes pretty much.

Were you expecting to get no push back from your baseless fabricated lies about Mercedes?

The irony being that Red Bull is the one that has been disqualified in the past for cheating not Mercedes...that Red Bull run a high rake design specifically to (at best) game the aero regs not Mercedes.

Afford some respect for Mercedes and their drivers and maybe it would be reciprocated.
Appreciate 1
Steeler2422.00
      11-27-2020, 09:02 AM   #209
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58912.00
      11-27-2020, 09:39 AM   #210
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Cosa nostra with all the extras
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #211
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Based solely on the ill informed nonsense you and your side kick post then yes pretty much.

Were you expecting to get no push back from your baseless fabricated lies about Mercedes?

The irony being that Red Bull is the one that has been disqualified in the past for cheating not Mercedes...that Red Bull run a high rake design specifically to (at best) game the aero regs not Mercedes.

Afford some respect for Mercedes and their drivers and maybe it would be reciprocated.
I would have respect for Merc IF I Knew all things were fair which they're not but no worries mate I do pay respect when I feel it's due.
You still sound like an fia steward.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2020, 10:04 AM   #212
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
^ There's also the rest of the field who have to suffer in silence my friend, what they must be going through and I don't see many fans for them on here or do they just change the spots and go with the fastest car whatever it is.
I, strangely, have been a Norris fan since he started, and a Ricciardo fan before that. None of these threads ever reference them much so I have little to say. Us fans of other guys just usually stay out of the fight. That said, I’m quite looking forward to having them on one team. Talk about dream come true for me!
Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
M5Rick58912.00
      11-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #213
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
I think we've spoke enough, at least I'm a follower of F1 with a valid interest supporting drivers/team unlike you oh you like VET you said, wow.
Looking through your posts which just ramble on about jack and there's not even the occasional humour from you so go and argue with someone else.
Speaking of rambling, just more nonsensical shit talking from you.

I’m plenty funny to some, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I, strangely, have been a Norris fan since he started, and a Ricciardo fan before that. None of these threads ever reference them much so I have little to say. Us fans of other guys just usually stay out of the fight. That said, I’m quite looking forward to having them on one team. Talk about dream come true for me!
I like RIC, PER and GAS a lot as well. But, it doesn’t matter because the two members here always direct the conversation (no matter what it is) back to VER. Which inevitably brings up how he is supposedly constantly screwed in favor of HAM.

But, I’m just a hockey fan so what do I know.

On that front, all of the drivers whine too much for my likening except maybe MAG. He bumped me, he ran me off the road, I’ve got no power, grip etc etc. It does get a bit old sometimes. At least it is nearly as bad as soccer.

Last edited by minn19; 11-27-2020 at 10:55 AM..
Appreciate 4
Steeler2422.00
MKSixer34171.50
      11-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #214
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
He's very young and a good addition to the team as far as young blood is concerned and has shown he is quick when the car allows.Imagine he would be faster without hybrid recharge concerns, he'll have a laugh with Ricciardo joining.
Appreciate 2
      11-27-2020, 10:29 AM   #215
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Oh my, the stock market bullboards I frequent have nothing on this thread.
Keep it up fellas, great entertainment.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
      11-27-2020, 10:53 AM   #216
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Well my friend . Who made this thread ? => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1768496

"Isn't that asking for trouble" ?

As far as I can read , some HAM-fans are pretty crazy , and some posts have reached a level of ignorant arrogance and disillusioned nature, it's amazing these guys are actually allowed in society !

Why should we take all this 5H1T ? Perhaps you guys are thinking we are retarded idiots..
What you guys are feeling for HAM . That's what we are feeling for MAX ! And that will NEVER change !
We have to deal with the fasted car of the decade , MAX is the underdog and the only driver who is able to split the Mercs !
What's wrong with that ?
You guys win everything in the fastest car of the decade ! Isn't that enough ?

Our posts from us MAX-fans are a defence mechanism !
My friend, you guys are the reason I started that thread and for the very reasons in the OP. You and M5theonlyone are the purveyors of the Anti-Hamilton and Mercedes must be cheating propaganda.

There is ZERO evidence that Max is faster than Lewis.

You can base it on historical data, current data, and even with an interpolation over car performance. Hamilton has won EVERY wet race bar one since 2013 and you guys STILL say VER is the rain-meister. This is literally insane. He has ONE wet race win since he has been in F1 and 2 good wet performances including that win.

Now on to raw speed which can be most demonstrated in one-lap performance either in the race on on Saturdays in Q3. As I stated in another post, Max has had over 20 opportunities at tracks that give the Red Bull a performance advantage in quali and over a race distance. These are facts. Yet his performance has been 2 pole positions and 9 fastest laps. This is very damning.

He threw away a race win in Turkey because he was devastated after thinking he would win pole-position and was destabilized for the rest of the weekend. He had, by far, the fastest car on race day and did nothing with it. Nothing.

I believe that Max is in the top 4 drivers on the circuit with HAM at the top. I even praised his first Championship level drive earlier this year. He was, in that win, everything a team could ask for.

I will now put on my senior management hat and share with you my diagnosis of the problem just as I would assess one of my clients. The problem, as I see it, surfaces as an inability to worry about his own game. Both he and his team worry too much about Mercedes and HAM. The first thing I would do if I were Max is insist they go to a lower rake and longer design. There is now ample evidence that it works best provided the car can be induced to rotate properly. This will also give Adrian Newey, the Aero-whisperer, more surface area in which he can work his magic. Additionally, I would get more input from the 2nd driver about the cars performance. They have gone down a self-limiting development pathway and exacerbated it by using Max only as the reference. Sometimes you go faster by moving more slowly in certain types of track situations. Most importantly, I'd scrap the company culture starting with Darth Marko and tell everyone else, including Max to STFU about other drivers and look inwards on doing those things necessary to improve himself, the leadership he evidences in the team (if any), and remove all other toxins from his influence at the track. (Jos) This would be a good start.

I look forward to you and the other RBR supporters holding the team accountable for their lack of success as we do here in the states for the teams we support.

Max is a great driver and may be a generational talent, time will tell...but currently he is no Lewis Hamilton based on actual evidence and performance. Lewis wins races he is supposed to win AND races he isn't supposed to win. Max doesn't do the former yet and definitely not the latter.

Cheers, my good friend and I look forward to more FACTUAL debate.
mk
Appreciate 4
minn1913970.00
Steeler2422.00
jkoral1016.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      11-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #217
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I would have respect for Merc IF I Knew all things were fair which they're not but no worries mate I do pay respect when I feel it's due.
You still sound like an fia steward.
Yes you know they are. In F1 you have to PROVE your car is legal, not have the FIA prove it is illegal. The Merc has been proven legal time and time again.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      11-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #218
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
The first thing I would do if I were Max is insist they go to a lower rake and longer design. There is now ample evidence that it works best provided the car can be induced to rotate properly. This will also give Adrian Newey, the Aero-whisperer, more surface area in which he can work his magic.
Thats a great post...I've quoted the above in particular as its quite interesting.

So i've sometimes wondered why Red Bull have persevered with their high rake philosophy...there must be benefits for Newey to stick with it.

Then while recently reading up on Red Bulls flexible front wing controversy, one of the regulations that was "broken" by their wing design was the minimum front wing ground clearance.
So it occurred to me how else could Red Bull get round that particular regulation and keep the aero benefits of reduced drag at high speeds that their flexi wings gave.
So....with a high rake car design, assuming you run a stiff front suspension for best grip and turn in and a softer rear suspension for best traction...then at high speed if the rear of the car is slightly pushed down while the front of the car remains stable you will have in effect reduced the angle that both the front and rear wing present to the airflow.
Even a small effective reduction in wing angles would still produce a reduction in aero drag and thus a benefit to top speed.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
minn1913970.00
      11-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #219
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Well said -

Quote:
LOL at you pair...you don't even know that the plan in 2011 was for a 4 cylinder turbo engine not a V6 turbo hybrid for the 2013 season.
https://www.racefans.net/2010/12/10/...ines-for-2013/
The subsequent regulation change to a V6 design for the 2014 season reset all teams engine development...everyone started their V6 hybrid design at the same time.
The idea behind the original 4 cylinder turbo engine design was that this would bring in VW and or other manufacturers into the sport.
A plan that Ferrari were dead against because they didn't make a 4 cylinder engined car.
Mercedes wanted to stick to V8s
Renault were very keen on the idea.
Well done Senor,
The article is dated Dec 2010 which gave all F1 teams two yrs (2012-2013) to develop the 2014 spec PU.

It's as if those that claim otherwise are unlearned....ok, perhaps uninformed.
minn1913970.00
      11-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #220
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Well said -

Quote:
My friend, you guys are the reason I started that thread and for the very reasons in the OP. You and M5theonlyone are the purveyors of the Anti-Hamilton and Mercedes must be cheating propaganda.

There is ZERO evidence that Max is faster than Lewis.

You can base it on historical data, current data, and even with an interpolation over car performance. Hamilton has won EVERY wet race bar one since 2013 and you guys STILL say VER is the rain-meister. This is literally insane. He has ONE wet race win since he has been in F1 and 2 good wet performances including that win.

Now on to raw speed which can be most demonstrated in one-lap performance either in the race on on Saturdays in Q3. As I stated in another post, Max has had over 20 opportunities at tracks that give the Red Bull a performance advantage in quali and over a race distance. These are facts. Yet his performance has been 2 pole positions and 9 fastest laps. This is very damning.

He threw away a race win in Turkey because he was devastated after thinking he would win pole-position and was destabilized for the rest of the weekend. He had, by far, the fastest car on race day and did nothing with it. Nothing.

I believe that Max is in the top 4 drivers on the circuit with HAM at the top. I even praised his first Championship level drive earlier this year. He was, in that win, everything a team could ask for.

I will now put on my senior management hat and share with you my diagnosis of the problem just as I would assess one of my clients. The problem, as I see it, surfaces as an inability to worry about his own game. Both he and his team worry too much about Mercedes and HAM. The first thing I would do if I were Max is insist they go to a lower rake and longer design. There is now ample evidence that it works best provided the car can be induced to rotate properly. This will also give Adrian Newey, the Aero-whisperer, more surface area in which he can work his magic. Additionally, I would get more input from the 2nd driver about the cars performance. They have gone down a self-limiting development pathway and exacerbated it by using Max only as the reference. Sometimes you go faster by moving more slowly in certain types of track situations. Most importantly, I'd scrap the company culture starting with Darth Marko and tell everyone else, including Max to STFU about other drivers and look inwards on doing those things necessary to improve himself, the leadership he evidences in the team (if any), and remove all other toxins from his influence at the track. (Jos) This would be a good start.

I look forward to you and the other RBR supporters holding the team accountable for their lack of success as we do here in the states for the teams we support.

Max is a great driver and may be a generational talent, time will tell...but currently he is no Lewis Hamilton based on actual evidence and performance. Lewis wins races he is supposed to win AND races he isn't supposed to win. Max doesn't do the former yet and definitely not the latter.

Cheers, my good friend and I look forward to more FACTUAL debate.
mk
Well said MK,
The observation regarding the RBR's higher rake makes complete sense. And your comment re Newey's lack of results to deliver his expected aero-magic is spot-on.

Last edited by racerbruce; 11-27-2020 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
minn1913970.00