BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Preview of the BMW Stand and Indoor Track at Frankfurt Motor Show IAA 2013

09-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #45
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Who cares about Shanghai sir?
The rest of the world does not deserve a decent display?
I am shocked to read in here that they don't display anything in Australia!?Really?
If you are a company with a certain status, you are everywhere; it is your duty, your image, your pride, your reputation...
I guess I am asking too much, the new world is looking for profits only... Sad.
If there is no actual premiere then the full cost of that show lies with the distributor. BMW AG do not get involved unless there is a major global premiere , premieres for that market are solely taken care of by the distributor . Some distributors feel that using the budget for marketing is more appropriate.
For actual global premieres BMW AG contributes.

One example is the NYIAS that coincides with either the larger Beijing or Shanghai shows, you are more likely to have a significant global premiere in China. For example CS Concept , Gran Coupe Concept , i8 Spyder Concept and of course the X4 Concept. One thing is important and that is four US shows in the space of a few months the key important show is the NAIAS in Detroit which is appropriate because it starts the ball rolling for the year. There is not enough premieres to go around as you have Geneva , and the alternating Paris , Frankfurt and the Chinese shows.

The AMI Leipzig show is slowly being re-invented as the alternate IAA.
The latest BMW global premieres in Leipzig where the F11 5er Touring in 2010 and in 2012 we had the global premiere of the F31 Touring and BMW 1er 3dr and the M135i.

Then you have Chicago and New York , they deal with US Market introductions. However the Los Angeles show is gaining ground as a key show , however this year it alternates with the Tokyo autoshow by a few days ,
Los Angeles will feature a global premiere of a production car but Tokyo will showcase something else significant on a global scale.

The priority show for BMW? Geneva - The first home show (As in Europe) is the most significant for all European manufacturers. And as a venue Geneva is the best. You can literally step off a plane , walk down the escalator walk a few yards and then you are there.

Last edited by SCOTT26; 09-05-2013 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #46
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Alpina will be unveiling the B6 Gran Coupe for limited markets, the USA and the UK will not see this vehicle.
Well, thanks for the info Scott.. damn shame we won't see it in the UK though!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #47
Safety2213
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i Manual M-Sport

Now I know why a base 3 series costs nearly $40k.... they need the margins just to do shows like that.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #48
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Live from Hall 11.
Attached Images

09-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #49
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep