BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Willow 2022 tv series

12-17-2022, 02:01 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Willow 2022 tv series

Dunno where to put this but who made this GARBAGE????? They definitely didn't make it for fans of the film (maybe it's targeted for little kids, just so so so bad), it's just dressing up some unlikable teenagers and throwing together a weak story w horrible acting and dialogue while trying to emulate a bargain-basement version of the Fellowship of the Ring. Wow, I could just go on and on about how bad it is and I'm just in the middle of the pilot....shouldn't it draw one in instead of making one repulsed? It is horrible, so much so I would think that they did it on purpose. This makes the Rings of Power look like Shakespeare. Wowsers......
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 02:35 PM   #2
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

You could’ve put it in the TV series thread.

Too late now…

PS - I know that thread says “Great TV series,” but it’s still a TV series. People write about not-so-good shows in there, too.
      12-17-2022, 03:23 PM   #3
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Pretty much anything produced now isn't about entertainment but veiled propaganda. It's infected even video games unfortunately. The new God of War lasted maybe six hours before getting uninstalled from my console. But even without any kind of ulterior motive, there is just a complete lack of ability, or even awareness of the possibility, to produce quality. Just look at Dukec.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 03:33 PM   #4
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
You could’ve put it in the TV series thread.

Too late now…

PS - I know that thread says “Great TV series,” but it’s still a TV series. People write about not-so-good shows in there, too.
Ya, I didn't want to sour that thread w my rant due to its descriptor. I dunno.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 03:39 PM   #5
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Ya, I didn't want to sour that thread w my rant due to its descriptor. I dunno.
It’s fine either way. Just thought I’d say. At least you’re letting people know about that show, so that’s good. Of course, you may be sparking their interest so maybe more people will post here about it. lol
      12-17-2022, 05:07 PM   #6
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

It's for kids. Relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 08:42 PM   #7
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
It's for kids. Relax.
It's really horrible and simpleminded, so I guess so; too bad there aren't more 'srs' stuff nowadays (I prefer Nolan to Burton re Batman, for example).
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 08:44 PM   #8
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
It’s fine either way. Just thought I’d say. At least you’re letting people know about that show, so that’s good. Of course, you may be sparking their interest so maybe more people will post here about it. lol
The LAST thing I wanna do is to spark some interest and have producers think ppl love this kinda stuff and then they produce more of this...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 10:09 PM   #9
spammysammich
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
It's never good when they make the protagonist in the series thoroughly unlikeable and abrasive to every other character. I gave it the 3 episode sniff test and she's just unrelenting and unpleasant. I had the same feeling watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, hot garbage.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2022, 10:13 PM   #10
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
It's never good when they make the protagonist in the series thoroughly unlikeable and abrasive to every other character. I gave it the 3 episode sniff test and she's just unrelenting and unpleasant. I had the same feeling watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, hot garbage.
I didn't even bother to figure out who was the main protagonist...the characters all were pretty much overall horrible. Just bad.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 10:21 PM   #11
spammysammich
Major
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Call me an optimist by giving most series 3 episodes. I had hopes being a fan of the movie, but rose colored glasses and all… bleh
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 10:25 PM   #12
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
Call me an optimist by giving most series 3 episodes. I had hopes being a fan of the movie, but rose colored glasses and all… bleh
Hey, I'm thirsty when it comes to horror and this genre, but, man, this was so disappointing, I just couldn't make it past the pilot.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2022, 10:28 PM   #13
spammysammich
Major
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
My brother turned me on to a kinda cheesy K fantasy/drama called Alchemy of Souls that I’m finding way more enjoyable and worthy of 3 or more episodes. That’s how I’m going to spend my Saturday evening.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 11:10 PM   #14
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The LAST thing I wanna do is to spark some interest and have producers think ppl love this kinda stuff and then they produce more of this...
I meant in the interest of discussion. You know, talking about how crappy it is. lol

PS - never saw it so personally don't know anything about it.
      12-18-2022, 03:14 PM   #15
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
It's really horrible and simpleminded, so I guess so; too bad there aren't more 'srs' stuff nowadays (I prefer Nolan to Burton re Batman, for example).

Did you like Stranger Things?

Yep, not for us either

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 03:31 PM   #16
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Did you like Stranger Things?

Yep, not for us either
I LOVED s1 but I think it should've ended there. It just got too repetitive.

In any event, that series is far superior to this mess. This is way too simpleminded, totally off like they WANT to make it so bad lol.
Appreciate 1