BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion US Handling of Coronavirus

Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #8845
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
In financial news, I watch these CNBC guys fairly often and ... HOLY SHIT! Live TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 3
chris7193287.00
gotchy0.00
JMAC5150102.00

Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #8846
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
(3.) Has anyone mentioned lately that masks work because science - and you wear them to be polite to others by not killing their grandparents
WRONG. They're a tool of political oppression and a symbol that the wearer is a covidiot libtard.

Covidiot Libtard made me
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #8847
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Covidiot Libtard made me
Those no-mask badasses seem like gentlemen of high character, so I bet they were Eagle Scouts ...

I wonder which Eagle Scout badge they got for helping an old lady across the rainbow bridge because they were afraid of being called a pussy?

So brave! Such courage.

Quote:
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #8848
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Those no-mask badasses seem like gentlemen of high character, so I bet they were Eagle Scouts ...

I wonder which Eagle Scout badge they got for helping an old lady across the rainbow bridge because they were afraid of being called a pussy?

So brave! Such courage.
Where is the high testosterone Alpha Male badge?
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #8849
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3, 2012 E82 128i

Right here:

Appreciate 3
GrussGott9021.00
chris7193287.00

Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #8850
BimmerDimmer6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

In two years we're all gonna look back at this and be like why did we destroy economy for something with like a 2% death rate and mainly killing people in nursing homes,

We're still fucked but I think it's time to let people pass who don't want to wear a mask or whatever. I'm 38 I will be ok. Plus I wear a mask to showcase I'm with Bernie.

Feel the burn.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #8851
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

I must be missing something on that CDC chart that other people see. There is no R0 under TWO. That's not good.
Appreciate 2
chris7193287.00
GrussGott9021.00

Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #8852
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
In two years we're all gonna look back at this and be like why did we destroy economy for something with like a 2% death rate and mainly killing people in nursing homes,

We're still fucked but I think it's time to let people pass who don't want to wear a mask or whatever. I'm 38 I will be ok. Plus I wear a mask to showcase I'm with Bernie.

Feel the burn.
That's what the 30 year old fitness instructor in my town thought, too... until it killed him. Sure, the risk of dying is lower, but it's no guarantee. That's a roll of the dice I'm not willing to take. And imagine you survive war combat only to have the final years of your life erased because some self-important dick didn't think a mask was cool.

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/lewi...-at-30/786511/

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; Yesterday at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 6
9M4N71U382.50
quick6557.50
chris7193287.00
GrussGott9021.00
JMAC5150102.00

Today, 04:37 AM   #8853
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
In two years we're all gonna look back at this and be like why did we destroy economy for something with like a 2% death rate and mainly killing people in nursing homes
Well, first, a 2% death rate is high as fuck - Would you get on a flight to Dulles if they announced 4 random people were for sure going to die on the flight? And, oh, every flight after that too. Would you ever fly again? Probably not unless you're an idiot.

Next, the economy destroyed itself - I live in the county with the first shelter-in-place order and people were already self-isolating. We can still see this effect in places like Georgia (open) compared to NYC ("closed") and there's very little difference in movement or economic activity. The economy was crashing no matter what.

Third, 91 days ago, there were zero covid19 deaths, now we're over 100,000. That's a lot of fucking death in 90 days - anybody that says "100,000 dead in 90 days, what's all the fuss about?!" is, at best, an ignorant moron. Sadly, two years from now, there are going to be a lot more dead.

Fourth, the death rate won't be as high as 2% ... I'm guessing it'll be around 0.4%-0.8% give/take based on other health factors; note that's stlil high as fuck.

Fifth, and most important: transmission likely isn't a straight-line, the virus counts on super-spreading events. Many people have been assuming the virus spreads from person A to person B as easily as it spreads to persons D & E. So, hey, if a infected Wuhan passenger arrives in Seattle on Feb 7th then it'll be all over the place by Feb 21st right? Wrong. It might barely have spread; the Wuhan guys might've been a weak spreader and/or didn't have the opportunity.

Tricky! So people are lulled into thinking, "hey the Wuhan guy was all over town the last 2 weeks and no deaths, low + testing, we're good, no danger!"

But then a super-spreader gets SARS-CoV2, goes to church infects everyone, goes to home depot, infects everyone, goes to Kroger, infects everyone, goes to visit his Mom at the Senior Center, infects everyone ... and a few of those 700 he infects are also super-spreaders and now people start dying. That's why you wear a mask: you might be the super-spreader!

So that's why this virus is tricky, it lulls you into thinking it's not that bad and it went away by disappearing for awhile ... because it's most transmissible by super-spreads who also need a venue with lots of people to spread. So it's not straight line transmission from person-to-person, it's fits and starts with big lulls in between.

This is also why New Zealand amongst others have mostly eradicated it: well-coordinated testing and tracing, along with masks and distancing, stops the SSEs and bye-bye virus.

Quote:

Last edited by GrussGott; Today at 04:48 AM..
Appreciate 2
      Today, 05:01 AM   #8854
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Another thing to add to this is how well Japan has done by not following any of the standard playbook ... BUT, I was there in October and probably 50% of the people were wearing masks because Japan, plus they bow, plus they don't talk loud/shout as much, etc etc so they have built in cultural barriers to super-spreading events without changing much of anything. And it shows in their numbers. Masks work to kill covid19 and preserve your economy.

Ironically I took this picture of all of the mask types at a 7-11 just because it seemed so odd that there were so many masks and such a variety:

Bottom line: masks = good economy, no masks = bad economy. Just ask fair and balanced health advocate Sean Hannity:

Quote:
Appreciate 0