BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion I think Tesla will be gone in ten years

03-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #441
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarecrowBoat View Post
It's hilarious how deluded Tesla fans can be. You're going to actually say Tesla met the deadline for Model 3 production?

Musk is a clever guy and has completely changed the perception of EVs, almost by himself. But he is a liar and rarely makes good on his promises, he just likes to keep the attention and focus in other places (away from how poorly the Model 3 is being reviewed and produced) so he just makes outlandish claims and predictions, sends a car to space for no reason, and everybody is so willing to eat it up. It baffles me how many people can't see through it.
I guess I am saying that.
You could always intrepid things many different ways, but they did start producing Model 3 in July 2017 whether you like it or not.
Production ramp took longer than expected, but not from the original promice however.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Model_3

Quote:
"We don't make slow cars," said company founder Elon Musk at the unveiling event, held at the SpaceX headquarters near Los Angeles, California. Deliveries are scheduled to begin in late 2017, although we expect volume production won’t occur until 2018.
Musk faced huge unexpected demand after the unveil. So he had to re-think the production timeline and approach to get the cars out sooner.

I wanna see any other manufacturer to handle this type of demand.
Chances are, they'll just ignore the customer orders and produce whatever they can while stealership is jacking up the price

Last edited by AndreyATC; 03-12-2018 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #442
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post

Musk faced huge unexpected demand after the unveil. So he had to re-think the production timeline and approach to get the cars out sooner.

I wanna see any other manufacturer to handle this type of demand.
Chances are, they'll just ignore the customer orders and produce whatever they can while stealership is jacking up the price
Oh, they knew there was going to be huge demand. Musk kept throwing out numbers like 5000 cars a week starting in 2017. Which got pushed back to Q1 2018... then back to 2nd half of 2018. Next update he'll say it'll be 2019 before they can reach 5000 cars a week. Meanwhile all those people who ordered their cars 2 years ago need to wait another year for their cars. What a joke. Would you wait 3+ years for your new car!? Elon is a smart guy but he has no experience doing mass production.

Remember this is supposed to be a mass market vehicle for every day people - not a luxury car. Compare that to the number of Camry's made... which is 200,000 cars a week. Musk is no where near that. Hell, in the factory they are sitting in, they only use a quarter of the space.

Last edited by Z K; 03-12-2018 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #443
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
I am fully aware of the history of the CAFE standards, especially from original and authoritative sources - not associations, lobbyists, ďunionsĒ or other outside groups with their own agendas - and I have spent time at an EPA/mileage testing facility at one of the U.S. auto manufacturers in Detroit. References to Obama and the CAFE standards are relevant and included here only because he is the one who pushed for the 2025 standards that forced the manufacturers to accelerate their efforts on EV development. The CAFE history prior to that time has no importance to this discussion.
What is most important to understand about the Obama Administration regarding CAFE is under Obama's Administration the EPA is now allowed to regulate CO2 emissions once the EPA declared CO2 a pollutant. Tying CAFE and CO2 emissions together under one Agency basically alters the way cars can produce kinetic energy.
Appreciate 1
Spa2k1177.00

03-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #444
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Oh, they knew there was going to be huge demand. Musk kept throwing out numbers like 5000 cars a week starting in 2017. Which got pushed back to Q1 2018... then back to 2nd half of 2018. Next update he'll say it'll be 2019 before they can reach 5000 cars a week. Meanwhile all those people who ordered their cars 2 years ago need to wait another year for their cars. What a joke. Would you wait 3+ years for your new car!? Elon is a smart guy but he has no experience doing mass production.

Remember this is supposed to be a mass market vehicle for every day people - not a luxury car. Compare that to the number of Camry's made... which is 200,000 cars a week. Musk is no where near that. Hell, in the factory they are sitting in, they only use a quarter of the space.
He's supposed to ramp up to 10,000 a week in 2018. Apparently the subcontractor who installed the robotic assembly line f'd up and Tesla had to rewrite 20 man-years of code in a single month!!!!

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 01:20 PM   #445
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Any other manufacturer handle this type of demand? Toyota made over 9 million vehicles last year. Tesla made around 100 thousand.

1500 delivered total in all of Q4.

LOL

https://www.wired.com/story/musk-mod...elays-january/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/te...uly-2018-02-09

I just don't get why "I am happy with my Tesla vehicle I purchased" isn't enough. Everything Elon Musk does must be defended and he is claimed to be the most honest and best at meeting deadlines even in the face of obviously bogus claims and borderline fraud.
Somehow Ford redesigned the F150 to use a completely new body material for every panel, switch over production to it and not delay any deliveries. IIRC the F150 is the most numerous vehicle produced in the industry. Ford sells something on the order of 5 F150s per minute.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #446
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Any other manufacturer handle this type of demand? Toyota made over 9 million vehicles last year. Tesla made around 100 thousand.

I meant electric, not talking ICE

But it doesn't matter what i say, you misintrepid it anyways
Seems like some members here are completely fixated on specifics about interior and deadline and ignore the OP

Bottom line is, Tesla is outpacing everyone in the world building EVs as a manufacturer. And so far they make the best ones.
As for Model 3, it's already being built at much higher rate (over 1500/week) with a target of 2500/week end of this month
And it's just a beginning...

P.S. Remember the race between MB, BMW, Audi and Lexus for No1 luxury car brand in US?
I think those days are numbered
I dont think laughter would be so strong when germans post another months new sale lows
If BMW is so great, why is it loosing buyers every month? and why Tesla is gaining them?
Tesla is so horrible, right?

Last edited by AndreyATC; 03-12-2018 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #447
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Seems like some members here are completely fixated on specifics about interior and deadline and ignore the OP

Bottom line is, Tesla is outpacing everyone in the world building EVs as a manufacturer. And so far they make the best ones.
As for Model 3, it's already being built at much higher rate (over 1500/week) with a target of 2500/week end of this month
No doubt it's getting better... the amount of money and people they are throwing at the problem is insane. There are hiring people like crazy and automating things.

The problem is, Elon Musk keeps breaking his deadlines and throws out bogus numbers to keep the PR train and money flowing. If he had said 1000 cars a week by end of Q1 2018 and people need to wait 3 years for their car - that would be realistic. But of course he wouldn't say that. It's a giant pyramid scheme with no end in sight.

Yes, buy a new Tesla Roadster... you pay $250,000 now and you can get it in 2020... Maybe!
      03-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #448
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:

P.S. Remember the race between MB, BMW, Audi and Lexus for No1 luxury car brand in US?
I dont think laughter would be so strong when germans post another months new sale lows
If BMW is so great, why it loosing buyers every month? and why Tesla gaining them?
I don't know why you'd bifurcate EVs into their own category except to find an excuse for their minuscule rate of delivery. EVs are in an infantile stage as compared to the rest of the automotive marketplace.

03-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #449
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:

But it doesn't matter what i say, you misintrepid it anyways ...

I dont think laughter would be so strong when germans post another months new sale lows. If BMW is so great, why is it loosing buyers every month? and why Tesla is gaining them?
We understand youíre a Tesla zealot and appreciate your enthusiasm for your favorite marque (Why are you here???), but misstating the facts doesnít help your case. For many months - and for all of 2017 - BMW has set sales records. Please, before itís too late - let us set up an intervention to stop you from guzzling any more of Elonís KoolAid!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #450
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
We understand youíre a Tesla zealot and appreciate your enthusiasm for your favorite marque (Why are you here???), but misstating the facts doesnít help your case. For many months - and for all of 2017 - BMW has set sales records. Please, before itís too late - let us set up an intervention to stop you from guzzling any more of Elonís KoolAid!
I'm a member of this community since 2006
This is General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos forum
I used to be active in other BMW sections when i had BMW
Not sure why you even pointed it out...

What are you drinking?
Seems like Everyone else knows BMW sold less cars in 2017 than in 2016 here in US
And 2016 was worse than 2015.
So far, two years in the row - decline

Last edited by AndreyATC; 03-12-2018 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #451
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I don't know why you'd bifurcate EVs into their own category except to find an excuse for their minuscule rate of delivery. EVs are in an infantile stage as compared to the rest of the automotive marketplace.
To add, the EV market place is mostly a fabrication of political ideology and environmentalism fashion.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #452
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW F80

Quote:

If BMW is so great, why is it loosing buyers every month? and why Tesla is gaining them?
Chevy sells about 3k bolts pure electrics a month and a bit over 200k for all of 2017
What's the excuse again ??
Musk is nothing but a over promising con man
Keep drinking that koolaid man
Tesla have always only built ev cars
Chevy decided they'd built one and have already surpassed musk in building ev as far as volume is concerned
That bolt might even have better build quality than the model 3
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #453
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Chevy sells about 3k bolts pure electrics a month and a bit over 200k for all of 2017
What's the excuse again ??
Musk is nothing but a over promising con man
Keep drinking that koolaid man
Tesla have always only built ev cars
Chevy decided they'd built one and have already surpassed musk in building ev as far as volume is concerned
That bolt might even have better build quality than the model 3
200K?
Source?
https://electrek.co/2018/02/01/gm-ch...-sales-plunge/

Again, Tesla makes more EVs than any other brand
https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #454
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Gentlemen,

Please don't keep engaging Mr. KoolAid. He's just gonna try to bust through your wall in a fruit punch-colored Tesla while screaming "Ohh yeaaahhh!" at the top of his lungs -- just like any other advertisement basically does.

- The Realist
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #455
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Gentlemen,

Please don't keep engaging Mr. KoolAid. He's just gonna try to bust through your wall in a fruit punch-colored Tesla while screaming "Ohh yeaaahhh!" at the top of his lungs -- just like any other advertisement basically does.

- The Realist
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 04:45 PM   #456
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Typo I meant 20k
But yes Tesla S has the overall sales edge of a whopping 4k compared to the bolt
When it's the ONLY thing you sell that's pretty sad
I think by the end of me typing this post Ford has already sold more f150s than all of Tesla's sold last month
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #457
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Ummm ...

predates Mr. Savage by at least a generation. Just sayin'.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread3538.00

03-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #458
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Typo I meant 20k
But yes Tesla S has the overall sales edge of a whopping 4k compared to the bolt
When it's the ONLY thing you sell that's pretty sad
I think by the end of me typing this post Ford has already sold more f150s than all of Tesla's sold last month
And Porsche sold 50K while Tesla did 100K
What's your point?

I really wanna see the same level of achievement from anyone being 10 year old company

Let's revisit this in couple of years
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #459
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Ummm ...

predates Mr. Savage by at least a generation. Just sayin'.
Well played sir
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1725.50

03-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #460
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And Porsche sold 50K while Tesla did 100K
What's your point?

I really wanna see the same level of achievement from anyone being 10 year old company

Let's revisit this in couple of years
With our without government subsidies ??
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #461
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Let's not forget that Tesla cars overheat on track after a lap. They can't run a 20 min track session without going into limp mode. So much for it being a "performance" car. The acceleration is the one trick horse that Elon sells. Great for commuting and not much else.
      03-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #462
Speed District
Premier Host for Track Events
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Let's not forget that Tesla cars overheat on track after a lap. They can't run a 20 min track session without going into limp mode. So much for it being a "performance" car. The acceleration is the one trick horse that Elon sells. Great for commuting and not much else.
Its a performance car just like a hellcat is a performance car. It goes in a straight line fast. I am a track addict and only pick cars i can track with but the Tesla is not meant for that nor is it marketed as such. Teslas are some of the best cars on the road

Friday, September 15th: Buttonwillow Raceway
Saturday/Sunday - October 14/15 - Autoclub Speedway
Appreciate 0