BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 08 vette 0-60 in 4.0!

08-13-2007, 12:19 AM   #67
gfrnk69
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan 6AT

I dont see why anyone would put the interior of the Vette down, who would buy a Vette for the interior?

It's pretty much like buying a phatom and saying it only runs 14.1 in the 1/4

IMO the Z06 is one hell of a car, Also the LS7 is mod friendly, slap a few bolt-ons with a decent tune and u could achieve some nice numbers.

If you wanna talk about inefficient i think the srt10 is pretty bad: 8.3L V10 with about 18-19mpg on the Highway and still only 500hp. Althought it's low comp ratio makes it boost friendly

-Frank
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 06:52 AM   #68
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: still deciding what to order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
what exactly does that mean and that opinion is based on what type of long term experience with the car????

Well to be honest most of the reasons are subjective, but when you compare the C6 to a car like the Cayman it's hard to argue the C6 is even close to it at anything other than all out performance ability. The over all build quality of the vette and the materials and technology used inside and out are all pretty bad. The interior is pretty bad and the subtle feel of all the controls and the balance of everything isn't good either. The shifter, steering and basically everything else in the car just feels cheap and vague. The driving position isn't great either. It's not a very engaging car to drive. It is thrilling when you push it hard, but in my opinion that is pretty much the one and only thing the car has going for it. It's pretty much impossible to articulate what a piece of crap the 'Vette is compared to a Cayman. You really just have to drive both of them to understand.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #69
speedfreak81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335, '08 LS3 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7586 View Post
Sounds nice, but wouldn't ever get a Chevy. Chevrolet - Cracked heads, every valve rattles, oil leaks every time!
Uuuuuhhh....I've owned tons of Chevy's and GM cars...never had "cracked heads, oil leaks every time!"

Can you be more specific as to WHERE these heads are cracking, and where oil is leaking from???

As someone else said...you really can't compare a vette to a bmw, from a price standpoing...as someone else said, what the vette sacrifices in fit and finish it gains in performance. Can you imagine how much a BMW would cost that matched the Vette's performance? Probably 80+Grand!

All I'm saying is each car has it's own niche, and does what it does well VERY well.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #70
speedfreak81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335, '08 LS3 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Marvelous View Post
corvettes interior is like made from melted action man s.

they also handle like ass

I d always prefer a slower bmw in driving pleasure
Hmmm....if the Corvette handles like ass, then what would that make the handling of your 535??? nonexistant???

This guy must have been living under a log since ohhh sayyy....1997.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #71
voltron1011
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, FJR-1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak81 View Post
Hmmm....if the Corvette handles like ass, then what would that make the handling of your 535??? nonexistant???

I'll second that...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #72
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak81 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron1011 View Post
I'll second that...
I'll give a third on that one to pass the motion...
Appreciate 0