BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Order delays?

11-03-2021, 05:50 PM   #111
mdoneinvt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 M40I

If only 2-3 that would be stellar. Fingers crossed that you can post some pictures soon. Maybe a snow covered mountain in the background instead of leaves but hey what the heck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Based on my experience, anticipate a 2-3 week wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 05:51 PM   #112
mdoneinvt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hope the first and if your salesman is as into cars as mine he will be letting you know the boat ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COKen View Post
Bummer, but as you say, now you know. Mine is still showing at the port, but I have not received any messages about another delay. From what I can tell, the next two vessels which go to the west coast arrive at Bremerhaven on November 7th and 20th. No idea if my car has been assigned to either of these ships, but I'm betting you will still get your car before I get mine.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:46 AM   #113
Sbx99
Rep
Drives: bmw z4

It was fun to read this thread. Just discovered this forum after I ordered my z4. I'm still in "production begins" phase but seems like a fun experience tracking our cars!
Appreciate 2
      11-04-2021, 09:23 AM   #114
COKen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Rster / Z4 M40i / X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbx99 View Post
It was fun to read this thread. Just discovered this forum after I ordered my z4. I'm still in "production begins" phase but seems like a fun experience tracking our cars!
Welcome to the adventure. My car is finally at the port waiting for a ship. From what I can tell, once your car gets on a ship it will take about a month to get it to a west cost port. It will be hard, but you will need to try to hold you excitement in check so you won't get frustrated because of the long wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 10:26 AM   #115
HokieBeemer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Yeah, welcome to the fun. My vehicle just got to the port yesterday and I've been told that it could take 1-2 weeks to be assigned and loaded onto a vessel then another 2-3 weeks to cross the pond then another week for customs and what not. So I'm looking at mid December. Ordered Aug 7.

What are your vehicle details? Colors, packages, options etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 11:19 PM   #116
Sbx99
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieBeemer View Post
Yeah, welcome to the fun. My vehicle just got to the port yesterday and I've been told that it could take 1-2 weeks to be assigned and loaded onto a vessel then another 2-3 weeks to cross the pond then another week for customs and what not. So I'm looking at mid December. Ordered Aug 7.

What are your vehicle details? Colors, packages, options etc.
Thanks HokieBeemer and COKen for the welcome and the details!
Yeah the dealership was very clear that it will take around 3-4 months.
From what I've seen in this forum so far, I got the less popular color, Mediterranean blue, but that's my favorite. s30. Cognac interior. 19" wheels. Premium package. And the Harman sound system.
It's my second car and my first bmw.
I did test drive both the s30 and m40 and I was wow 😲

You are all lucky you are getting closer to the delivery moment but this car is worth the wait

Last edited by Sbx99; 11-04-2021 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2021, 06:14 AM   #117
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks HokieBeemer and COKen for the welcome and the details!
Yeah the dealership was very clear that it will take around 3-4 months.
From what I've seen in this forum so far, I got the less popular color, Mediterranean blue, but that's my favorite. s30. Cognac interior. 19" wheels. Premium package. And the Harman sound system.
It's my second car and my first bmw.
I did test drive both the s30 and m40 and I was wow 😲

You are all lucky you are getting closer to the delivery moment but this car is worth the wait
Welcome to our group. I joined the beginning of Sept. and have found the members here extremely helpful.

The Mediterranean Blue/ Cognac is one of my favorite color combinations. In my opinion it has a classic look and if it had been available on the M40i I would have been tempted to select it instead of the Misano Blue/ ivory combination I purchased.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 01:53 AM   #118
Sbx99
Rep

Unfortunately due to the chip shortage I had to cancel my order
They removed basic functionality from my build like touch screen, backing assistant, hud.
Very sad. I'll try to find some already built model similar to my build hopefully around the states.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 09:06 AM   #119
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They removed basic functionality from my build like touch screen, backing assistant, hud.
Very sad. I'll try to find some already built model similar to my build hopefully around the states.
Sorry to hear this, you might have to be flexible on your colors as there is limited inventory available in the states.

Also be aware that some dealers are charging over the MSRP!

Good luck on your search!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 08:01 AM   #120
BRIANXIX
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 30i

Quote:
How did you find out about about BMW dripping the features? Mines still awaiting production, and when I asked about this my dealer said they did not drop them from my build.....yet. Currently pricing out other options(just in case, and wont buy a BMW ever again) So far my best deal is 5K over MSRP on a Supra lol
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #121
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANXIX View Post
How did you find out about about BMW dripping the features? Mines still awaiting production, and when I asked about this my dealer said they did not drop them from my build.....yet. Currently pricing out other options(just in case, and wont buy a BMW ever again) So far my best deal is 5K over MSRP on a Supra lol
Many dealers are taking advantage of these shortages and well selling over MSRP. You should be like the elephant that never forgets and tell all of your friends who these dealers are and avoid doing business with them in the future.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 09:09 AM   #122
BRIANXIX
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Many dealers are taking advantage of these shortages and well selling over MSRP. You should be like the elephant that never forgets and tell all of your friends who these dealers are and avoid doing business with them in the future.
The sad part is my family has been buying cars from this stealership for years.....they were always good to us, until now.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #123
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
The sad part is my family has been buying cars from this stealership for years.....they were always good to us, until now.
Are you only dealing with a salesman? If yes, escalate to the general manager (not the sales manager) of the dealership and remind him of your family’s loyalty to the dealer over the years and you expect to be treated properly!

I would even tell them you are going to use the web to let everyone know how they are ripping everyone off. There are many online reviews sites that are effective for this purpose like Google Reviews.

Last edited by Westside Guy; 11-07-2021 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 09:52 AM   #124
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Fry them in the court of public opinion for fleecing you.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 01:15 AM   #125
Sbx99
Rep

Quote:
In my garage, I could see "deletion of touch screen" under the standard features section. Then I called my sales person and he confirmed
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #126
mdoneinvt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well another week and still at port waiting on the RAM module starting to get a bit discouraged at this point. Trying to keep positive about it but snow will be here soon I’m sure only a matter of time. Not looking forward to making an extra 6 hour drive just so they can put my snow tires on. I can do it myself if I get the car before it’s too cold or snowing.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #127
COKen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoneinvt View Post
Well another week and still at port waiting on the RAM module starting to get a bit discouraged at this point. Trying to keep positive about it but snow will be here soon I’m sure only a matter of time. Not looking forward to making an extra 6 hour drive just so they can put my snow tires on. I can do it myself if I get the car before it’s too cold or snowing.
Yep, I'm still waiting on RAM too. It looks like my best case will be I may see my car sometime next year. BUT I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:23 PM   #128
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Yep, I'm still waiting on RAM too. It looks like my best case will be I may see my car sometime next year. BUT I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
It is worth the wait but the wait shouldn't be taxing.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:43 PM   #129
mdoneinvt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am sure it will be worth the wait just hard to not get discouraged as it was ordered in august and has been delayed so many times already. Winter is a depressing time of year for me anyway so this makes it that much tougher right now. I appreciate all the positive comments it does truly help thank you all for helping me get through the delays.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #130
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am sure it will be worth the wait just hard to not get discouraged as it was ordered in august and has been delayed so many times already. Winter is a depressing time of year for me anyway so this makes it that much tougher right now. I appreciate all the positive comments it does truly help thank you all for helping me get through the delays.
When you finally receive your Z4 take a drive down to sunny Florida and that will cure your winter depression!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:39 PM   #131
COKen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Winter is not my best season either. I'm looking forward to getting my car, as it turns out, at a time when it can best lift my spirits. Hope it works out the same for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 06:53 AM   #132
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
If it helps, I waited 5 months for mine. (Mainly it was waiting for an allocation.) I would imagine BMW is working pretty hard to get the parts and deliver the car to you.

Charles