BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board S. Carolina Cop Charged With Murder: 8 Shots In The Back of Victim

04-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #45
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
In each case, there was a criminal trying to evade arrest because he didn't want to be arrested.
Except for Tamil Rice. That kid was doing nothing wrong. The cop pulled up, got out of the car, and shot the kid. How he didn't get charged with murder is beyond me. As kids we played "war" in the woods using toy guns or BB guns. The whole gang of us would walk through the neighborhood carrying our guns. There's was never a thought of anyone being afraid or calling the cops. And in the Tamil Rice case, the caller said it was a kid and probably a toy gun.

But I agree with your point overall. Like Will Smith says, "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'."

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #46
monkeybingo
First Lieutenant
Mongolia
Rep
Drives: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Dumbest shit I've ever seen. But, who knows if it's actually supporting him... People take advantage of stuff like this to raise money then keep it all to themselves. Part of the reason I hate these "self fundraiser" websites. There's always some idiot out there willing to part with their money.
WHO?? so many out there who support KKK. you will see his fund reaching over $1M by next week.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:48 PM   #47
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Boss,

"by saying 'them' i mean the crooked dumb ones, not the general good ones."
As you see the error of your way, know that many of us do the same when we talk about <insert potentially discriminatory adjective here>.

A case in point from your own words, that America fears all black men. "By saying them, I mean the crooked dumb ones, not the majority of good ones"
True. Also, I'm definitely not the "Angry-Black man, Me vs America" type of person. Growing up, i've lived all over the world and i've had friends from all races, religions and ethnicity. I love everyone equally. I don't even really like talking about race wars because it leads nowhere.

It's just that i've had nothing but bad experience with Police since i've lived in USA. And i just discovered it's because of my race. I've gotten harassed by cops and as soon as they hear my accent, they stop the harassment and apologize.
      04-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #48
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Although that's just one silly experiment with a low sample rate. My point is that when society sees a Black face, they immediately think negatively about him/her.
We are all judged (initially) on appearances, nothing anyone can do about that.. sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes not.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #49
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

^ Are you really Lenny Jones
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 03:48 PM   #50
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Except for Tamil Rice. That kid was doing nothing wrong. The cop pulled up, got out of the car, and shot the kid. How he didn't get charged with murder is beyond me. As kids we played "war" in the woods using toy guns or BB guns. The whole gang of us would walk through the neighborhood carrying our guns. There's was never a thought of anyone being afraid or calling the cops. And in the Tamil Rice case, the caller said it was a kid and probably a toy gun.

But I agree with your point overall. Like Will Smith says, "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'."
I disagree with this. Tamir Rice was waving around an airsoft pistol in a public park with the safety orange tip removed to make it look like a real gun. The 911 caller stated that he was pointing it at people. To everyone looking in from the outside on that situation, the kid was armed and dangerous.

Unfortunately when he was shot he was likely just trying to show the cops that it was a fake gun. But when he reached for it, it looked like he was reaching for a deadly weapon. It's an extremely unfortunate train of events where unfortunately the planets aligned in such a way that he got shot and killed.

As for this recent shooting however, completely unjustifiable. I'm glad of the murder charges that have been laid against him.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #51
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

What about that guy shot and killed in a Walmart?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #52
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
I disagree with this. Tamir Rice was waving around an airsoft pistol in a public park with the safety orange tip removed to make it look like a real gun. The 911 caller stated that he was pointing it at people. To everyone looking in from the outside on that situation, the kid was armed and dangerous.

Unfortunately when he was shot he was likely just trying to show the cops that it was a fake gun. But when he reached for it, it looked like he was reaching for a deadly weapon. It's an extremely unfortunate train of events where unfortunately the planets aligned in such a way that he got shot and killed.

As for this recent shooting however, completely unjustifiable. I'm glad of the murder charges that have been laid against him.
The caller said it was a kid and probably a toy gun. The cop shot him 2 seconds after getting out of the cruiser. There's no way that was justified.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #53
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The caller said it was a kid and probably a toy gun. The cop shot him 2 seconds after getting out of the cruiser. There's no way that was justified.
Let me ask you, if this kid shouldn't have been deemed a threat, then why did someone feel the need to call 911? Because "probably" and "definitely" are very different things.

I tell you man, a kid gets shot dead and we all hurt for it. We're all animals. It's innate for us to care for our young. But cops are trained to evaluate the situation and they have to take it at face value in a lot of situations. That's one of the many harsh realities of the job.

When you're the officer who responds to this call, kid has a (toy) gun in his waistband which looks real, he reaches for it. You've heard that he has been pointing it at people already. And yes, you've heard that the gun is "probably" fake. But again, probably and definitely are very different things. You have seconds to react. What do you do?

Last edited by PINeely; 04-09-2015 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2015, 04:53 PM   #54
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

I can tell you from many stories I hear from police friends of mine, people call 911 for stupid non emergency shit on a regular basis.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #55
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let me ask you, if this kid shouldn't have been deemed a threat, then why did someone feel the need to call 911? Because "probably" and "definitely" are very different things.

I tell you man, a kid gets shot dead and we all hurt for it. We're all animals. It's innate for us to care for our young. But cops are trained to evaluate the situation and they have to take it at face value in a lot of situations. That's one of the many harsh realities of the job.

When you're the officer who responds to this call, kid has a (toy) gun in his waistband which looks real, he reaches for it. You've heard that he has been pointing it at people already. And yes, you've heard that the gun is "probably" fake. But again, probably and definitely are very different things. You have seconds to react. What do you do?
Let me ask you this, if it had been a little white girl or boy with the gun, would anyone have even called 911? Have you watched the video? Two seconds passed from the time they pulled up to the time the cop shot the kid. I don't think the cop could see the gun clearly and he certainly didn't give the kid a chance to drop it. He shot him as soon as his gun cleared the door of the squad car.

When I first heard of this shooting and saw a picture of the gun, it seemed clear this could have been a tragic mistake because the gun looked like a real gun. But then I watched the video and saw that the cop never gave the kid a chance or had time to see the gun clearly. The kid could have been holding a screw gun and he still would be dead.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #56
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Did you also see how in those 2 seconds, the cop is taking cover behind his door as he sends the rounds down range? Even rolling on scene with the knowledge there was a person possibly with a gun, the reaction of that person made this cop feel he was in real danger.

I think this video came out about the same time I got popped for 87 in a 65. My 15yo was in the car with me, and we had been having a discussion about the video during the 3 hour trip. After I started to drive away with my ticket, I emphasized to my son "Did you hear me say Yes Sir and No sir? I was respectful, got my ticket, and he never even had to loosen his holster strap." My son got enough Hispanic blood that he will have a high probability of a run-in with an officer. I want him prepared for it to be as positive an experience as can be.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #57
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let me ask you this, if it had been a little white girl or boy with the gun, would anyone have even called 911? Have you watched the video? Two seconds passed from the time they pulled up to the time the cop shot the kid. I don't think the cop could see the gun clearly and he certainly didn't give the kid a chance to drop it. He shot him as soon as his gun cleared the door of the squad car.

When I first heard of this shooting and saw a picture of the gun, it seemed clear this could have been a tragic mistake because the gun looked like a real gun. But then I watched the video and saw that the cop never gave the kid a chance or had time to see the gun clearly. The kid could have been holding a screw gun and he still would be dead.
I have seen the video. It looks to me like the police involved responded to a very difficult situation, and unfortunately after the fact we learned that they killed the kid when he wasn't actually armed. But we can't use info that only became apparent after the fact to vilify the responding officers before the fact. To everyone watching this situation unfold, that gun may as well have been a real one. If an officer responds to a situation like this with a real gun, an actual factual gun, and the kid goes to reach for it then what should he do?

You're right though unfortunately. If that kid had been white then there is a substantially reduced risk that he would have been shot. That's what the math says, that is tragic, and I don't agree with it one bit. But no cop ever wakes up and says "I'm going to kill me a black boy today."

I hope that one of the LEO's that we have on this board will comment on this because at the end of the day, I'm not a cop. But I am a shrink, and I see cops all the time who shot juveniles. White cops who shot black kids. Black cops who shot white ones. Cops who shot 55-year-old men who were shooting at them in return. And let me tell you that it absolutely eats them up every time. It breaks their hearts. Cops don't want to shoot ANYONE. But they're trained to react and in a situation like that where you have only seconds to react, you sometimes have to react in only seconds.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #58
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Cops don't want to shoot ANYONE.
I'd say most cops don't, but that statement gets a little fuzzy with an incident like the one the OP posted... I can't help but think this cop has been itching to shoot someone, and that should worry all of us.
      04-10-2015, 04:41 PM   #59
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Well now that the cops have lost their last supporter they might as well call the ACLU and call it a day.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 09:47 PM   #60
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Did u see the one with LA Sherrif beating the guy who ran off on a horse?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #61
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

I live in the area.

This officer had numerous prior incidences of brutality and unnecessary force. All of which were covered up by other officers in the same department. I know several officers in the NCPD and many are absolutely outstanding individuals. It's not all of them.

The NCPD will likely be getting a complete restructuring in light of the cover-ups. They know who the officers were that did it as well. I feel bad for the officers who had no part in any of this as they will likely lose their jobs and future career prospects as well.

Also, despite what the national news is saying: This is not the "next Ferguson." The more aggressive protests have been put on by a very vocal minority and a group of college students that lacked good judgement. There was a candle-light vigil. All of it was peaceful.

There is very little outrage in the community over the loss of a deadbeat father. The issue is that he was killed instead of detained. He had been tased prior to being shot. The officer should have arrested him at that point and instead decided to let him recover, then shoot and kill.

The officer who did it is up for trial where he will likely get either the death penalty or life imprisonment. I will be very surprised if he somehow gets away with it.

Overall: it's being very well handled. Charleston doesn't fuck around.

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 04-11-2015 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 10:15 AM   #62
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Everyone seen this insane brawl involving police yesterday?

Appreciate 1
      04-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #63
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Everyone seen this insane brawl involving police yesterday?

Saw this yesterday, pretty crazy. I honestly am really impressed with those cops.
      04-11-2015, 11:53 AM   #64
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede
Did u see the one with LA Sherrif beating the guy who ran off on a horse?
Ya, apparently the sheriffs thought the helicopter was a sheriff helicopter and they were trying to put on a show. Turns out it was the news haha.

I read a article yesterday and it said.. " deputy was injured when the horse Pusok had been riding kicked him, the Sheriff's Department said. Two others were treated for dehydration" hahaha what a joke.
      04-11-2015, 12:01 PM   #65
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Attached Images

04-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #66
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Saw this yesterday, pretty crazy. I honestly am really impressed with those cops.
They maintained composure really well. Especially after one of their own got shot (with his own gun?). Very ugly situation.