BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Margarita-beers

05-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #23
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
I just hate the taste. I love cider, though. But I mostly stick to hard liquor or mixed drinks. Nothing like a nice tall glass of 190 proof Everclear and cranberry juice.
What, is it your period?

05-12-2015, 06:42 PM   #24
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
What, is it your period?

It might be.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #25
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
These are fantastic. My gf and I have gone to Playa Mujeres (Beloved and Excellence resorts) the past 2 years and there's nothing like getting sitting on the beach having people bring you endless icebergs.
Yep these are everywhere in Cancun the last couple years.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 03:48 PM   #26
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
So are we talking like an actual prepared iceberg or that Bud Light Lime-a-rita garbage?

Drinking a good iceberg on the beach somewhere I can get on board with, but you won't see me reaching for one of those Bud Light cans anytime soon...
      05-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #27
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
That Iceberg looks damn delicious. I can definitely see myself drinking a bunch of those on the beach.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 09:37 PM   #28
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
These are fantastic. My gf and I have gone to Playa Mujeres (Beloved and Excellence resorts) the past 2 years and there's nothing like getting sitting on the beach having people bring you endless icebergs.
This! I love Excellence, never tried Beloved though. I drink these at the pool bar all day. This and mojitos, however more icebergs and beer so that I can pace myself. I'm not much of a drinker outside of my vacation so I need to take it easy when I go to Mexico. Usually by the end of the week though I'll be sitting on the roof top pool with a bottle of black label.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #29
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
So are we talking like an actual prepared iceberg or that Bud Light Lime-a-rita garbage?

Drinking a good iceberg on the beach somewhere I can get on board with, but you won't see me reaching for one of those Bud Light cans anytime soon...
____-a-rita's are
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #30
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
This! I love Excellence, never tried Beloved though. I drink these at the pool bar all day. This and mojitos, however more icebergs and beer so that I can pace myself. I'm not much of a drinker outside of my vacation so I need to take it easy when I go to Mexico. Usually by the end of the week though I'll be sitting on the roof top pool with a bottle of black label.
Yeah Excellence is great, Beloved is very nice as well, but targeted towards families. Much more quiet but that is because of how small it is, there are only 3 or 4 restaurants and only 2 small pools. I enjoyed it but I prefer Excellence since I have no kids to take with me.

They just opened up (sort of) The Finest on the other side of Excellence which is another family oriented resort but the same size as Excellence.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #31
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Beer snobs are the worst

What's wrong with enjoying good beer?
      05-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #32
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Nothing. I enjoy a good craft beer. What I don't enjoy are people who think that craft beer is invented by the God's and anything else is garbage.

Kind of like people who base their opinion on how good a particular wine is on how much it costs.
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #33
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying good beer. I just hate people who are snobby about it and think that they're better than you. Beer hipsters, basically.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #34
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
To each their own when it comes to beers...I personally don't agree with putting someone down/talking down to someone with their choice in beers although it may be crap to you, that's their choice. It doesn't affect you in any way.

I prefer to pay a little more for something better tasting and gets me buzzed faster drinking less bottles. That's just me though.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #35
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
To each their own when it comes to beers...I personally don't agree with putting someone down/talking down to someone with their choice in beers although it may be crap to you, that's their choice. It doesn't affect you in any way.

I prefer to pay a little more for something better tasting and gets me buzzed faster drinking less bottles. That's just me though.

Very true. Does it affect me, no not really, is it annoying, of course. Which is why you just don't associate with people like that. Simple.

I've been buying Miller Fortune for at home. 12 pack bottles is like $13 or something. 6.9%, nice mild amber, and the only Miller product I'll buy. If you haven't tried it, you should give it a shot.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #36
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

I don't drink beer.

Just hard liquor and fine wine.
      05-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #37
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
I don't drink beer.

Just hard liquor and fine wine.
Fine wine? Like the kind in the box? I have a wall mount so I can just open the spout and stick my head underneath. No need for those pesky wine glasses!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #38
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Nothing. I enjoy a good craft beer. What I don't enjoy are people who think that craft beer is invented by the God's and anything else is garbage.

Kind of like people who base their opinion on how good a particular wine is on how much it costs.

True, I don't like that attitude from people either. I just enjoy trying new beer especially with friends. However, there are some beers on the garbage end of my spectrum. Natty Light and Natty Ice come to mind. If those beers happen to be someone's "nectar of the gods" then more power to them.
      05-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #39
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
I have an entire refrigerator filled with 750ml bottles, proceeds from local beer trades, and stuff that I'm aging. Sours, gose's, IPA's, stouts, bocks, etc., etc. and so on and so forth.

With that said, there is a time and a place for crappy light beer from AB/SABMiller. If I'm playing softball on a thursday night, I'm not reaching for a $4/bottle IPA....I'm reaching for a $0.50 can of busch. Same goes for being on a beach.

I think there's an unfortunate side of the craft beer movement that has basically turned into a hipster movement.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #40
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying good beer. I just hate people who are snobby about it and think that they're better than you. Beer hipsters, basically.

Yeah, I don't get why some people have snobby attitudes about beer, wine, cars, etc. I just enjoy trying out new beer, sharing it with friends, and recommending different beers to people if they ask. If they don't like a particular beer, then no worries.
      05-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #41
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Fine wine? Like the kind in the box? I have a wall mount so I can just open the spout and stick my head underneath. No need for those pesky wine glasses!
Well just any California wine. As for Hard liquor, i stick to Jack Whiskey.
      05-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #42
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Speaking of liquor, 50 is coming around here to sign bottles.
Attached Images

05-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #43
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Well just any California wine. As for Hard liquor, i stick to Jack Whiskey.
Reds? Francis Copolla has a great Cab. Keep a few bottles on hand at all times.

Jack is good, I've been having Green Apple Crown lately. Regular Crown was getting old.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 01:26 PM   #44
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
I have an entire refrigerator filled with 750ml bottles, proceeds from local beer trades, and stuff that I'm aging. Sours, gose's, IPA's, stouts, bocks, etc., etc. and so on and so forth.

With that said, there is a time and a place for crappy light beer from AB/SABMiller. If I'm playing softball on a thursday night, I'm not reaching for a $4/bottle IPA....I'm reaching for a $0.50 can of busch. Same goes for being on a beach.

I think there's an unfortunate side of the craft beer movement that has basically turned into a hipster movement.

I agree, definitely a time and a place, or sometimes quantity vs. quality like when playing beer pong .

Revartr mentioned the beer hipsters too and they certainly exist. Hopefully they will discover a new fad soon and pedal that direction with their single speed / fixed gear bikes.