BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board This guy doesn't help BMW owners and our reps as d-bags

06-01-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

This guy doesn't help BMW owners and our reps as d-bags

Dunno if this is a repost, so if it is, let me know. This entire situation left me *smh*.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/driver...205458513.html
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
I'm not saying the BMW driver should have done this in the least- but the dude was using his phone at a stoplight.

Then you go and say "get off your fucking phone. "

I read the article first and the cyclist tries to play off like an angel. He instigated by his approach. Did he REALLY need to talk to a stranger like that? It would piss me off if someone did that to me at a stop light.

Now the BMW driver should have fought fire with fire and cussed the dude back out - but instead (and stupidly) took it to an extreme.
      06-01-2015, 06:18 PM   #3
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

dude on the bike was a douche. I agree with @Mr.SugarSkulls he went overboard running the dude on the bike down.

Definitely written like, I was just minding my own business when I was run down for no reason by this BMW!
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Lesson learned: mind your own damn business.

If the BMW driver is on his phone, and that's illegal in that state, then hopefully a cop will ticket him. Does the guy on the bike also pull up next to everyone on the motorway who is speeding, and tells them to slow down?

You just never know who you're fucking with, and if that person is a complete mental nutcase, like you see in this video, you're playing with fire.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 07:26 PM   #5
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

True the biker instigated, but that doesn't merit running him down with your automobile.
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Lesson learned: mind your own damn business.

If the BMW driver is on his phone, and that's illegal in that state, then hopefully a cop will ticket him. Does the guy on the bike also pull up next to everyone on the motorway who is speeding, and tells them to slow down?

You just never know who you're fucking with, and if that person is a complete mental nutcase, like you see in this video, you're playing with fire.
+1

The guy on the bike sees someone texting at a stop light, which is illegal, cursed him out, after that, decides to cut him off and started brake checking him, which is also illegal.

Both are at fault.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

The motorcycle driver got what he deserved. MYOB. And what was up with him revving his engine and brake checking his bike?
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #8
Gesler
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

That was hilarious. It's amazing people take these kind of risks in this day and age. You never know what nutcase is driving the other vehicle. With lane sharing in CA, motorcycle drivers drive as if their safety is solely the responsibility of the car drivers.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #9
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

wtf is lane sharing? Is that just where bikes can move up to the front of the line like they own the fucking place? That would annoy the hell out of me if that was legal in my state.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #10
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka
wtf is lane sharing? Is that just where bikes can move up to the front of the line like they own the fucking place? That would annoy the hell out of me if that was legal in my state.
Yep, it's a total nuisance. Most (not all) motorcyclist seriously will take the lane without warning cutting you off, which when it's happened to me/ almost caused an accident every time.

They swear theyre at no fault on the road unaware of the driver in the cars safety and that they should be treated like pedestrians.

Extremely irritating
      06-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #11
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

I understand why people are saying the motorcyclist is a twat (for lack of a better term), but the driver of that BMW deserves 10 years behind bars minimum. He's a nuisance and we don't need trash like that in our society.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #12
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Lesson to be learned here if your a motorcyclist;treat every other car/truck on the road as someone that will kill you and just let some things slide if you wanna live another day....classic example of King of the castle here and it's clearly the bigger vehicle lol!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 10:06 PM   #13
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX
I understand why people are saying the motorcyclist is a twat (for lack of a better term), but the driver of that BMW deserves 10 years behind bars minimum. He's a nuisance and we don't need trash like that in our society.
I'm with you that the BMW driver should get some form of discipline-

But it's not to say the motorcyclist wasn't endangering himself brake checking on purpose and cutting off the BMW driver off the light- so in this particular case- he had SOMETHING coming his way, whether it be intentional or not.

In this specific incident- This is the equivalence to the NBA handing out double technicals to both offending parties- They cancel each other out.
      06-01-2015, 10:47 PM   #14
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Except one of them committed a felony which could have cost someone their life.

The childish, near infantile, attitudes in car forms is mind boggling. As if this behavior is acceptable to some members here.

Sorry, but if you think he got what he deserved, you're no better than the driver of the BMW.
      06-02-2015, 02:49 AM   #15
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Except one of them committed a felony which could have cost someone their life.

The childish, near infantile, attitudes in car forms is mind boggling. As if this behavior is acceptable to some members here.

Sorry, but if you think he got what he deserved, you're no better than the driver of the BMW.
Yeah the BMW went overboard, however I am not disagreeing with what he did although I would not be so dumb, so he must have been very very angry.

Bikers getting into your face, expecting you to not hit them .. is infuriating as they are taking advantage of the law. It is not undue 'karma' to get wacked like this (although illegal) occasionally.

A smarter way to have hit the biker legally would have to been to tap him gently and then stop, and tell the cops he cut in front of you suddenly it wasn't your fault.

By the biker's own admission he was driving angry.. so sooner or later he'll aggravate someone who is MORE angry than him and willing to take him out.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 03:03 AM   #16
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

I mean, I can call the motorcyclist a pretentious twat but there's no way I would ever 'agree' with the actions of the BMW driver. He's lucky he's not being charged for attempted murder (should he get caught, and I hope he does).

We've gone back to medieval times if we agree with inflicting bodily harm to those who "irritate" us.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 03:05 AM   #17
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I mean, I can call the motorcyclist a pretentious twat but there's no way I would ever 'agree' with the actions of the BMW driver. He's lucky he's not being charged for attempted murder (should he get caught, and I hope he does).

We've gone back to medieval times if we agree with inflicting bodily harm to those who "irritate" us.
Yeah that is attempted murder, depending how hard he hit him.

It's called "snapping".. it's just alot easy in vehicle to do to someone who is not
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 03:17 AM   #18
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

It's instinctual.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 07:33 AM   #19
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Reminds of summer 2003. It was myself and another guy in a truck next to me at a stop light. When the light turned green, he slammed his pedal and almost lost control of his truck, so i drove up next to him at looked at him to make sure he was ok.

But he saw it as an instigation, he got embarrassed and angry. He thought i was laughing at him.

So about another half a mile down the road, this idiot slams into the rear of my car. By the time i knew what happened, he took off like a coward.
      06-02-2015, 07:48 AM   #20
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

In Virginia, it's perfectly legal to be on your phone at a stop light.

Both are douchebags IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #21
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

I'm having a hard time feeling sympathy for the motorcyclist, seeing that he's technically ok (I understand that he was injured, however).

What I see is that because of the brake checking and revving, the BMW tried passing the motorcycle on the left, going into oncoming traffic lanes, and then clipped him. Accidentally or on purpose, I really can't tell. But this was all initiated by the motorcyclist.

I believe the BMW driver should be fined, have their license suspended, and charged with leaving the scene of an accident. But I do not see this as "attempted murder" as someone put it. The cyclist was a douche throughout the whole incident and paid the price. On top of that, he set up a crowd funding page to pay for his bills. He wants other people to pay his douche-induced medical bills. No sympathy.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #22
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grieverr
I'm having a hard time feeling sympathy for the motorcyclist, seeing that he's technically ok (I understand that he was injured, however).

What I see is that because of the brake checking and revving, the BMW tried passing the motorcycle on the left, going into oncoming traffic lanes, and then clipped him. Accidentally or on purpose, I really can't tell. But this was all initiated by the motorcyclist.

I believe the BMW driver should be fined, have their license suspended, and charged with leaving the scene of an accident. But I do not see this as "attempted murder" as someone put it. The cyclist was a douche throughout the whole incident and paid the price. On top of that, he set up a crowd funding page to pay for his bills. He wants other people to pay his douche-induced medical bills. No sympathy.
I actually initially thought the same, he got clipped because of him brake checking and the BMW driver cut the middle lane to pass him. Just wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed that too