BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Palestine

09-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #485
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolfM3 View Post
yup, they sure want peace.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5745498.html

I wonder how any other country would respond to their neighbor basically stealing about 1000 acres.
Well, if my neighbor had been digging tunnels under my land to attack me, I probably wouldn't give two $hits what they thought. If they didn't, then it would be "PALESTINIANS OBJECT TO ISRAEL USING SONAR ON THEIR LAND TO DETECT TUNNELS" in the headlines. This is so tiresome.
      09-01-2014, 09:59 PM   #486
direwolfM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Well, if my neighbor had been digging tunnels under my land to attack me, I probably wouldn't give two $hits what they thought. If they didn't, then it would be "PALESTINIANS OBJECT TO ISRAEL USING SONAR ON THEIR LAND TO DETECT TUNNELS" in the headlines. This is so tiresome.

Yes, this is tiresome because you miss the point completely. Who is the instigator and aggressor here?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #487
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, this is tiresome because you miss the point completely. Who is the instigator and aggressor here?
The instigator is clearly Palestine - lobbing bombs into Israel, serving as a platform to launch attacks against Israel, and having a charter that is solely focused on the complete genocide of the Jewish people. Aren't we on the 23rd page of this thread? And you still think the "Palestinians" (read: Arabs displaced from other nations, to try and maintain a non-Jewish presence in Israel) are the victims here? Amazing.
      09-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #488
direwolfM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
The instigator is clearly Palestine - lobbing bombs into Israel, serving as a platform to launch attacks against Israel, and having a charter that is solely focused on the complete genocide of the Jewish people. Aren't we on the 23rd page of this thread? And you still think the "Palestinians" (read: Arabs displaced from other nations, to try and maintain a non-Jewish presence in Israel) are the victims here? Amazing.
Although I don't condone the bombs from Palestine, try not to be so narrow sighted and figure out why this happens. I'll give you a few hints. Occupation, stealing land, blockade… Palestinians are fighting for their freedom.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #489
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black

Quote:
Although I don't condone the bombs from Palestine, try not to be so narrow sighted and figure out why this happens. I'll give you a few hints. Occupation, stealing land, blockade… Palestinians are fighting for their freedom.
I don't agree with the land appropriation but saying the Palestinians are fighting for their freedom is not really true. They have rejected countless proposals that would have given them a nation (one which gave them something like 99% of what they asked for). Plus, technically most of the West Bank does belong to Israel ad the arabs never accepted the UN agreement and instead started a war which they lost. Israel took the west bank as spoils of war. A war which they didn't start and didn't want.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #490
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Except that the violence and bomb lobbing has been conducted by Palestinians in Gaza, and Israel currently isn't trying to claim territory in Gaza.

I'm not saying that Israel is justified in seizing more West Bank territory, but neither is Hamas justified in building infiltration tunnels and aiming rockets at Israeli cities...Hamas isn't defending Palestinian freedom, it is posturing to attack Israeli civilians.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #491
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolfM
In some cases, "why" really doesn't matter. The situation in Israel is one of them.

"Figuring out" why folks are doing what they do is big part of why the problems persist. Doing that necessarily forces one to speculate and develop one's own preconceived notions about another's behavior. Quite often, those notions prejudice one against being able to achieve a solution because one has become so aggrieved by one's feelings of having been wronged and by wanting to assign blame for those wrongs.

Sitting down with the people who are conducting those actions, asking them directly to identify what their issues are, and working with them to find actions that will correct the problem is a far more efficient use of resources.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #492
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
And here's a few hints:

1. It's not about seeking a resolution. The Israeli's gave Yasir Arafat virtually everything he asked for, multiple times in the 1990's. He refused to accept their concessions, and continued the conflict.

2. Palestinians (as evidenced by the Hamas Charter) are not motivated to seek their "freedom," but rather are seeking genocide of the Israeli's.

3. Israelis' are fighting for their lives.

4. This has gone on for decades - since Israel was re-established in 1948.

Frankly, you are being narrow-sighted if you don't recognize the ongoing Palestinian attempts at manipulation of the media and public opinion.
      09-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #493
TS135i
piggy in the mirror
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 135i

Ok there is distrust between Israel & Palestine... . but