BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum z4 s30i remote roof control

06-26-2021, 06:08 AM   #1
kost
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw z4 g29

z4 s30i remote roof control

Hello everyone! I have a bmw z4 g29 sdrive 30i and the "comfort access package" is not installed in it, so I can open / close the car only with the key and the roof cannot be opened with the key. Can this be fixed? I rummaged through a lot of information, but I still didn’t understand if I could use a smarttop or it won’t work, because there is no comfort access package in my car.

This is my z4 in stelvio pass, Italy.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 01:22 PM   #2
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
That picture is my nightmare as I will be driving the Colorado Rockies in September. At least my tires won't be the OEM summer performance tires. I imagine you got caught on the pass in a surprise snow storm after it opened this year?
Appreciate 1
kost1.50
      06-26-2021, 01:29 PM   #3
kost
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw z4 g29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geradeaus View Post
That picture is my nightmare as I will be driving the Colorado Rockies in September. At least my tires won't be the OEM summer performance tires. I imagine you got caught on the pass in a surprise snow storm after it opened this year?
It was back in september 2019. 15 minutes before was like +20 degrees celsius and sun was shining. Snow fell literally from nowhere. Tires was OEM This is almost on top of Stelvio pass. Stuck there for 2 hours and had to go back down. It was a good trip, made over 10k km (6,2k miles).
Appreciate 1
Geradeaus378.00
      06-27-2021, 01:50 AM   #4
Bigmouth Studio
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kost View Post
Hello everyone! I have a bmw z4 g29 sdrive 30i and the "comfort access package" is not installed in it, so I can open / close the car only with the key and the roof cannot be opened with the key. Can this be fixed? I rummaged through a lot of information, but I still didn’t understand if I could use a smarttop or it won’t work, because there is no comfort access package in my car.

This is my z4 in stelvio pass, Italy.

You can use coding to activate this function. BIMMER CODE could be a easy choice.
Appreciate 1
kost1.50
      03-31-2023, 08:59 AM   #5
Shubunkin
Registered
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i / A6 Allroad Twinturbo

Just in case anybody is reading this and wants the answer...

Yes, the smarttop module works even if you don't have comfort access.

Just added it to mine with no comfort pack and it works fine. Push open on keyfob 3 times and roof folds down from a distance (3 close clicks for roof up ovbiously). 2 clicks does windows. Reverses the button direction if you want so "down" is now "roof down" and "up" is now "roof up". Also don't need to hold the button while in car, just click it and it lowers the roof (click it twice and it lowers the roof and leaves windows up). It's so usable now.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17545.50
OVERLND99181.50