BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Twelve Year Olds Charged with Conspiracy to Commit Murder

04-30-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Twelve Year Olds Charged with Conspiracy to Commit Murder

As I'm getting out of the shower this morning, I hear the small little town that I live in on the national news. This small little country town is well-known for it's murders, shootings, etc.; in fact, this place has a pretty dark history but this one hit home. My boys went to this school just a few years ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/6th-grade-...ry?id=62707645

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/6th...509212501.html

This is something that we have all come too familiar with over the years; but when it happens in your area, it really makes you think about things that don't normally cross your mind when you see it on the news.

The back story to this plot was against bullies and teachers who did nothing about the incidents involving the kids who were targeting the children charged with conspiracy. This has to be some next level bullying in order for two 12 year olds to plot a shooting of children and teachers before taking their own lives.

What initially crosses my mind is the mental state of the children plotting this scenario. It also raises concerns of the bullies - do they even know their lives are/were in danger due to their actions and will this change their behavior? To what degree of bullying or what actions were taken to put two 12 year olds in the mindset of killing other adolescents, adults then themselves? Do the parents of the bullies realize that their childrens behavior almost cost them their children's lives? What is the home life like of the children who were being bullied and that of the bullies as well?

The parents of both the bullies and the children charged comes to mind as well. What will their lives be like now? Knowing this small little community the way that I do, the parents will be shunned. Unless they work for a larger employer I can foresee them losing jobs due to this. Perhaps my train of thought on this matter doesn't cover all appropriate angles, but something like this happening so close to home (literally 3 miles from my home) raises flags.

I'd be curious to hear some of your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 08:54 AM   #2
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
As I'm getting out of the shower this morning, I hear the small little town that I live in on the national news. This small little country town is well-known for it's murders, shootings, etc.; in fact, this place has a pretty dark history but this one hit home. My boys went to this school just a few years ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/6th-grade-...ry?id=62707645

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/6th...509212501.html

This is something that we have all come too familiar with over the years; but when it happens in your area, it really makes you think about things that don't normally cross your mind when you see it on the news.

The back story to this plot was against bullies and teachers who did nothing about the incidents involving the kids who were targeting the children charged with conspiracy. This has to be some next level bullying in order for two 12 year olds to plot a shooting of children and teachers before taking their own lives.

What initially crosses my mind is the mental state of the children plotting this scenario. It also raises concerns of the bullies - do they even know their lives are/were in danger due to their actions and will this change their behavior? To what degree of bullying or what actions were taken to put two 12 year olds in the mindset of killing other adolescents, adults then themselves? Do the parents of the bullies realize that their childrens behavior almost cost them their children's lives? What is the home life like of the children who were being bullied and that of the bullies as well?

The parents of both the bullies and the children charged comes to mind as well. What will their lives be like now? Knowing this small little community the way that I do, the parents will be shunned. Unless they work for a larger employer I can foresee them losing jobs due to this. Perhaps my train of thought on this matter doesn't cover all appropriate angles, but something like this happening so close to home (literally 3 miles from my home) raises flags.

I'd be curious to hear some of your thoughts.
I'm curious as to additional details of this incident. I see no mention of any bullying in the articles - are you hearing this from a different source? I have also heard rumors that the two who were arrested were girls. This isn't mentioned one way or another in the articles, either. Any details on that?
      04-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I'm curious as to additional details of this incident. I see no mention of any bullying in the articles - are you hearing this from a different source? I have also heard rumors that the two who were arrested were girls. This isn't mentioned one way or another in the articles, either. Any details on that?
I have no details for the gender (male or female - not going down the road of whatever they identified as). The bullying info came from this being a small community and word gets around fast. Something set the wheels in motion for this plot and the media surely doesn't want to bring to light that it potentially came from bullying; especially considering that as much focus has been put on the anti-bullying policies recently. To touch on your rumors versus the rumors that I have heard it's odd that I haven't heard whether or not it was girls but did hear it was started from being bullied.

If the juveniles being charged, are in fact girls, this does change things (at least in my mind) a bit. Not trying to be sexist here but that does make it a little more interesting as this is not the norm.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
I have no details for the gender (male or female - not going down the road of whatever they identified as). The bullying info came from this being a small community and word gets around fast. Something set the wheels in motion for this plot and the media surely doesn't want to bring to light that it potentially came from bullying; especially considering that as much focus has been put on the anti-bullying policies recently. To touch on your rumors versus the rumors that I have heard it's odd that I haven't heard whether or not it was girls but did hear it was started from being bullied.

If the juveniles being charged, are in fact girls, this does change things (at least in my mind) a bit. Not trying to be sexist here but that does make it a little more interesting as this is not the norm.
Yes, hence why I asked. It would be quite unusual for girls to attempt this plot. We are only a few hours apart from each other, so words gets around here too.

Curious as to the details as they emerge.
      04-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Yes, hence why I asked. It would be quite unusual for girls to attempt this plot. We are only a few hours apart from each other, so words gets around here too.

Curious as to the details as they emerge.
I'll definitely keep you posted as things develop, at least from what I hear and will keep it as fact based as possible. You understand how small communities work.

Other questions that come to mind are will the charged potentially be released later in life only to have not had the social interaction that comes with not being incarcerated? At this age, with their brains still developing, what impact will this have on their lives as adults in the event they are released? Will this cause a lifetime of inability to obtain employment and become productive member of society? So many variables to consider.
Appreciate 2
      04-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
My company deals with many different school districts coordinating their technology projects, so I work with a lot of board of eds, school administrators, teachers, etc. I can tell you that modern parenting is one of the main reasons school systems are going to shit.

Any kid that has behavioral or mental health problems is swept under the rug. The parents don't want to acknowledge that maybe their child is struggling, whether it be academically or socially. This only hurts the kids because they can't get the help they need, and it turns into a HUGE problem down the road.

You can't even identify bullies, because calling them a bully might hurt their feelings. Meanwhile the bully is beating up younger kids on the playground and it's okay, but if the other kid retaliates they need to be disciplined. It's all backwards.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8208.00
King Rudi13154.00
      04-30-2019, 11:02 AM   #7
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
My company deals with many different school districts coordinating their technology projects, so I work with a lot of board of eds, school administrators, teachers, etc. I can tell you that modern parenting is one of the main reasons school systems are going to shit.

Any kid that has behavioral or mental health problems is swept under the rug. The parents don't want to acknowledge that maybe their child is struggling, whether it be academically or socially. This only hurts the kids because they can't get the help they need, and it turns into a HUGE problem down the road.

You can't even identify bullies, because calling them a bully might hurt their feelings. Meanwhile the bully is beating up younger kids on the playground and it's okay, but if the other kid retaliates they need to be disciplined. It's all backwards.
This exactly! My wife teaches High School. She's there to instruct in the courses she has her education in....not to raise your child.

Most parents today have no interest in their kids, especially with the social media craze as the parents are on it as much as the kids are.

And if they ever get called in because of a disciplinary action, I can guarantee you that they are blaming the teacher as anything else insinuates that they aren't doing their job at home.....and they aren't going to have that.
      04-30-2019, 11:25 AM   #8
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Wholeheartedly agree with both of these statements. Not to show my age here, but I can recall a time when not if, my punk ass required any form of punishment at school I was held accountable by my parents for my actions as well. At no point was it the fault of the school system or the teachers. My parents blamed no one but themselves (when applicable) or me for my actions. Anytime that my parents were contacted by the school system due to poor behavior I dreaded my evening at home and potentially the weeks to come.

From what I see, not only from my children's mother, but with my boys friends and their parents as well is that they want to be friends with their kids and not parents. Equal parts fear and respect are the foundation of being a good parent in my opinion.
Appreciate 2
twin fed1175.50
      04-30-2019, 12:33 PM   #9
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

It is scary when it happens in your "little town" even if it now has over 200,000 people. A few years ago a 12-13 yo shot his classmate in the back of the head, in class. I know some of the officers, from a neighboring jurisdiction, who responded because they were physically closer to the school. It wasn't a pretty sight.

The "bullying" that occurred here was reportedly by an older male who had gender issues. The younger shooter came from a home where things were much more "old school" and he knew and had handled his gpa's handgun, which he took with him to school.

The one is dead, the other might as well be since he won't see th light of day for 25-life, even at that young age.

There are ongoing lawsuits against school admin who encouraged the alternative behavior of the deceased child. One teacher had been fired previously for not allowing the behavior, I believe she has filed against the district for illegal firing (no pun intended)

I can't begin to imagine what it took to blow a classmate's head off in class.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #10
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wholeheartedly agree with both of these statements. Not to show my age here, but I can recall a time when not if, my punk ass required any form of punishment at school I was held accountable by my parents for my actions as well. At no point was it the fault of the school system or the teachers. My parents blamed no one but themselves (when applicable) or me for my actions. Anytime that my parents were contacted by the school system due to poor behavior I dreaded my evening at home and potentially the weeks to come.

From what I see, not only from my children's mother, but with my boys friends and their parents as well is that they want to be friends with their kids and not parents. Equal parts fear and respect are the foundation of being a good parent in my opinion.

Same here. I was a little hell raiser as I grew up with a dad that was a professional boxer. I was always in a fight.....and my favorite target......people that picked on other people. I figured let's see what happens if the shoe is on the other foot.

I've been through the boys home, pre-trial court shit, probation. I basically thought I was a bad ass.

Then at the age of 22, I got shot by a guy that I had beat up the night before. He was waiting on me when I came out of the same bar that I had been at the previous night. Also he actually started the first fight.

But as I came out....he was waiting on me. You want to talk about something that changes your entire perspective on life. I found out I wasn't the bad ass I thought I was, and actually liked living.

Now I stay to myself. I wouldn't avoid any confrontation that was forced on me, but I don't look for it or put myself in those situations anymore.
      04-30-2019, 02:44 PM   #11
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Same here. I was a little hell raiser as I grew up with a dad that was a professional boxer. I was always in a fight.....and my favorite target......people that picked on other people. I figured let's see what happens if the shoe is on the other foot.

I've been through the boys home, pre-trial court shit, probation. I basically thought I was a bad ass.

Then at the age of 22, I got shot by a guy that I had beat up the night before. He was waiting on me when I came out of the same bar that I had been at the previous night. Also he actually started the first fight.

But as I came out....he was waiting on me. You want to talk about something that changes your entire perspective on life. I found out I wasn't the bad ass I thought I was, and actually liked living.

Now I stay to myself. I wouldn't avoid any confrontation that was forced on me, but I don't look for it or put myself in those situations anymore.
Again, the similarities in our lives are uncanny. As much as I admired and loved my father, I came from a physically abusive home. I was always shy/timid as a kid and kept to myself until I saw kids being bullied. I guess I have always considered myself a bullies bully; which is comical because I don't look like much being 5' 9" and 150 pounds. Being beat on from an early age from my father, when bullies used to try and pick on me or my friends, I would always laugh at them before explaining to them I take head shots from a grown man who outweighs me by 150 pounds if you're going to hit me you better do it with a hammer. Kids older than me would always beat the snot out of me but only until they wore themselves out; then the crazy in me would get up and unleash hell on them. It only took a few times of this happening before bullies started getting scared and then started wanting to be my friend.

I also studied several styles of martial arts as a youngster. I would never consider myself good at fighting but I know enough to hurt someone if needed. I will say, although I was never good at fighting, once the crazy switch flipped and I had to do what I had to do to end the fight I enjoyed the look of complete surprise on the face of the person that I put down followed by the "OOOOOHHH's" of anybody who witnessed it.

I still tend to display this mentality. I stand up to people bigger than me, I make comments to people in positions that most wouldn't dream of doing such and have no problems confronting people if the situation calls for it, but also fairly quiet and keep to myself.

I can relate on the being shot as well. I took some bird-shot from being in the wrong neck of the woods when I was younger. The scars on my abdomen aren't bad but they are visible. Skipping school in my teenage years, fumbling around the woods looking for someone's grow spot resulted in us finding said grow spot and a belly full of bird-shot.

Now that I'm older, I find it comical that the kids we thought were going places in life are on opiates, meth or in prison and those of us who were "destined for jail" are the ones who actually came up and made something of ourselves. My closest friends, that I still associate with, are the same hooligans that I stayed in trouble with back in those days. All of us are hardworking guys with nice homes and cars. Any of us will do anything to help someone who is willing to take the initiative to help themselves, but it's no secret that we have a past and are not to be taken lightly. It's odd how people change over time.

Last edited by King Rudi; 04-30-2019 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8208.00
      05-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #12
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

I would agree with your statement, I will go one step further on this.

Even if the parents know and willing to admit their kid has an issue. Many times they do not want anyone else knowing their kid has an issue. Especially people who have to deal with their kids. I was a Scout leader and we had number of kids with serious behavioral issues as well as being on all kinds of behavior modifying drugs. The only reason we knew, the parent were required to give the adult leader their kid's drugs to hold on camping trips. No kid was allow to be in possession of any type of meds even over the counter (done for obvious reasons). Some parents did not want to give us the drugs let alone tell us why the kids was taking the drugs. They did not want anyone knowing their kid had some sort of issue. They did not want their kid label.

This is part of the reason I will no longer volunteer with any youth base organization. Parents put other adults and leader at risk not knowing what they are dealing with and the parent will go after you if something happens. There was kid in our troop who would wonder off especially if he got upset and anything could set this kid off. The parent never told anymore, my son found out from the kids older brother. When I found out I refuse to be responsible for this kid especially since the parent deny he had any sort of issue. We had another kids and I was friend with his parents, nice kid but the kid had "ADD" and was on meds, instead of giving the leader his meds on camping trips they would just let him go without, by Sunday this kids could be come problematic.

I am not saying Bulling is good thing or okay. You have to ask yourself what change that we seeing all these kids taking out their frustration and anger in lethal ways on other kids and school.

I think everyone can say they been bullied, and I tell this story all the time, I got picked on to the point I decide I had enough and fought back. The next day got called into the school principles office with my parents and the other kid's parents. The Principle explain what happen, which was the other kids was giving me a hard time and turn around pounded the kid. His parents were upset their son was hurt and complained to the school.

My dad asked a couple of questions, who started the fight which everyone agree it was the other kid, (he hit me first and their were witnesses to this fact.) Then ask was my son defending himself which the Principle some what agreed. Then my dad said, my son knows that he should never start a fight or pick on anyone, otherwise, I would have to deal with him, but if someone picks a fight or lays a hand on with me, I am suppose to finish it. Then said it sounds like my son finished it. He turned to the other parent and said if your son does not want to be beat up, I would advise you to tell him not to pick on other people. He got up and took me and walked out and nothing happen to me and I never had an issue with this kids or any other kid.

That happen in the days when you were still allow to defend yourself, today if you fight back (with your hands) the police will be called and your kid will be charged with a crime.

PS. My uncle was a Featherweight gold glove winner and my dad was one of his trainers. I learned to box to defend myself. My dad and uncles view was if two people have a disagreement put the gloves on and put them in the rink and let them settle it. People learn real fast it does not feel good to get your ass beat and will learn it is better to resolve your issue than fight them out.

Last edited by Maestro; 05-01-2019 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
Rmtt8208.00
      05-01-2019, 11:51 AM   #13
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I would agree with your statement, I will go one step further on this.

Even if the parents know and willing to admit their kid has an issue. Many times they do not want anyone else knowing their kid has an issue. Especially people who have to deal with their kids. I was a Scout leader and we had number of kids with serious behavioral issues as well as being on all kinds of behavior modifying drugs. The only reason we knew, the parent were required to give the adult leader their kid's drugs to hold on camping trips. No kid was allow to be in possession of any type of meds even over the counter (done for obvious reasons). Some parents did not want to give us the drugs let alone tell us why the kids was taking the drugs. They did not want anyone knowing their kid had some sort of issue. They did not want their kid label.

This is part of the reason I will no longer volunteer with any youth base organization. Parents put other adults and leader at risk not knowing what they are dealing with and the parent will go after you if something happens. There was kid in our troop who would wonder off especially if he got upset and anything could set this kid off. The parent never told anymore, my son found out from the kids older brother. When I found out I refuse to be responsible for this kid especially since the parent deny he had any sort of issue. We had another kids and I was friend with his parents, nice kid but the kid had "ADD" and was on meds, instead of giving the leader his meds on camping trips they would just let him go without, by Sunday this kids could be come problematic.

I am not saying Bulling is good thing or okay. You have to ask yourself what change that we seeing all these kids taking out their frustration and anger in lethal ways on other kids and school.

I think everyone can say they been bullied, and I tell this story all the time, I got picked on to the point I decide I had enough and fought back. The next day got called into the school principles office with my parents and the other kid's parents. The Principle explain what happen, which was the other kids was giving me a hard time and turn around pounded the kid. His parents were upset their son was hurt and complained to the school.

My dad asked a couple of questions, who started the fight which everyone agree it was the other kid, (he hit me first and their were witnesses to this fact.) Then ask was my son defending himself which the Principle some what agreed. Then my dad said, my son knows that he should never start a fight or pick on anyone, otherwise, I would have to deal with him, but if someone picks a fight or lays a hand on with me, I am suppose to finish it. Then said it sounds like my son finished it. He turned to the other parent and said if your son does not want to be beat up, I would advise you to tell him not to pick on other people. He got up and took me and walked out and nothing happen to me and I never had an issue with this kids or any other kid.

That happen in the days when you were still allow to defend yourself, today if you fight back (with your hands) the police will be called and your kid will be charged with a crime.

PS. My uncle was a Featherweight gold glove winner and my dad was one of his trainers. I learned to box to defend myself. My dad and uncles view was if two people have a disagreement put the gloves on and put them in the rink and let them settle it. People learn real fast it does not feel good to get your ass beat and will learn it is better to resolve your issue than fight them out.

Kind of the same as I was talking about with my dad. I got pics of me at 5 year of age with gloves on.

But in our neighborhood, if any kid had an issue...you put on some gloves and settled it with some supervision of course. Afterwards, you would almost always walk away friends realizing how stupid the argument actually was.

But that was also a neighborhood where if you were caught doing something wrong by anyone...they would discipline you. It may be a stern talking to, calling your parents, hell I had even been whipped a few times by neighbors who were close to my parents. So pretty much everyone was on the same page.

We even joked about it growing up....if you do something wrong...do it at "so and so's" house as their parents are pretty easy. There were quite a few in my area I would rather get my punishment from vs. facing my dad!
King Rudi13154.00