BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Easy and Touchless Car Wash

05-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #1
STR3T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 sDrive30i

Easy and Touchless Car Wash

Ok, the video's a little hokey but, since I got this soft top and the sapphire metallic black, it has prompted me to drop the local carwash service I've been using for years.

I opted for Toro 51585 Power Sweep electric leaf blower...it's ~$35 vs. $100 or so for the tiny Side Kick blaster he's using. FIgure I'll get other uses out of it as well and found it recommended on another car wash site based on it's 160mph wind speed, cost and weight.

I'm starting off w/ Meguiar's Gold Class, which was also recommended for use in foam cannon's and can be readily found everywhere.

I already had a Troy-Bilt pressure washer. The biggest thing here is to ensure your tips are on properly (fitted/attached correctly, lest they blast off when you pull the trigger) and of course that you are using the correct tip to begin with.

I'll alternate between "soap" nozzle, to first wet the car down, and the gentle nozzle to help remove wheel dust, bugs, etc. You don't want to use any nozzle that's highly focused or full strength or you will rip paint off your vehicle.

Then just swap to the foam jet/cannon and layer the suds on...allow it to sit for a few minutes, then rinse off. I'm not using Gold Class soap on the soft-top...trying to miss the top entirely with this process. I'll treat the top with another product semi-annually or so.

This is pretty easy and fun thought but again, just be cautious w/ the pressure washer nozzles and how close you get to your car with the stream of water and the equipment you're using! Remember, it should be touchless and leave your paint in great shape for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=donC_3mKyZQ&t=187s
Appreciate 0