BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board What's that? You wanna chit chat? Welcome to the whore thread!

Closed Thread

06-07-2020, 11:19 AM   #52207
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I always tip $10.

But I'm only charged $15 for a cut.
is $10 like a standard number then, instead of a percentage?

I'm asking because in Turkey we don't tip barbers. I left 25% (which came out to $10) but I've been thinking if I came off as a cheapass or I dirty tipped without even knowing.

$15 sounds like a steal though, my haircut was $27.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #52208
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Soylent Green is PEOPLE!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #52209
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

if my barber was the owner i would not tip. now my barber is an employee and i tip him 3-4 bucks on top of $15 haircut
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #52210
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

I'm asking because in Turkey we don't tip barbers. I left 25% (which came out to $10) but I've been thinking if I came off as a cheapass or I dirty tipped without even knowing.

Yeah....it's just what I've always tipped.

I try and tip very well anywhere we go. I've seen people not leave anything and wonder how would they feel? Working in the service industry where you rely on tips can be hard.
      06-07-2020, 07:07 PM   #52211
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

my cut is 6bucks, so i tip them 5 ///

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 07:18 PM   #52212
bigrum
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

I usually tip $3-$5 per haircut. I've been going to the guy for 7+ years so that counts for something too (consistent income for him).
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 08:48 AM   #52213
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

Had this same thought when I got my haircut the other day. Got home, told the fiance, and she gave me a look of disappointment like I should've tipped more... I mean hell, thought $10 tip was solid. Haircut was $30. She said she usually tips like $30-$40 bucks, but pretty sure she pays around $200 when she gets her hair done though.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #52214
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Seriously hate my freakin boss. You would think communications would be a pretty good skill to have if you have people that report to you. And this my way or the highway shit has got to go. Anyways....rant over
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 09:51 AM   #52215
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Had this same thought when I got my haircut the other day. Got home, told the fiance, and she gave me a look of disappointment like I should've tipped more... I mean hell, thought $10 tip was solid. Haircut was $30. She said she usually tips like $30-$40 bucks, but pretty sure she pays around $200 when she gets her hair done though.

Same with the wife. She tips more because her bill is more. Percentage wise...I'm still tipping more than she does though!
      06-08-2020, 12:35 PM   #52216
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Man Im glad to live into a Country where tipping isnt a calculated amount of the weekly pay check to survive.
My last shave into Turkey was sometimes in between the Gulf war, most thing Im remembering was the "hair flaming" procedure afterwards, the first time it really scares me, because I wasnt expecting this

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #52217
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
Soylent Green is PEOPLE!
I found out yesterday as well. Still tastes good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Seriously hate my freakin boss. You would think communications would be a pretty good skill to have if you have people that report to you. And this my way or the highway shit has got to go. Anyways....rant over
Protest that he/she be overthrown. I’ll join.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 06:17 PM   #52218
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
, thought $10 tip was solid. Haircut was $30.
thats insane for a barber haircut
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 05:24 AM   #52219
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
I found out yesterday as well. Still tastes good.
Ban!

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      06-09-2020, 05:41 AM   #52220
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

Sorry to hear that man...... I have been in that position once and it really sucks. Hope it gets better for you.
      06-09-2020, 07:43 AM   #52221
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that man...... I have been in that position once and it really sucks. Hope it gets better for you.
Thanks brother!!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      06-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #52222
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so figured this thread would work. Had some new neighbors move in a few weeks ago. A little older then my fiance and I, but share similar interests (working out/golf/drinking/they're also engaged). They're a great couple, and have introduced us to their friends and we've all hit it off.

Anyways over the weekend he sent me a text asking us to join a small christian pre-marital group... Wasn't expecting this at all based on our previous get togethers. I was raised catholic, and attended catholic school for 9yrs. So I feel like I have a solid grasp on the religious aspect of it. With that said, I am not interested at all. We are not overly religious by any extent, only attend mass during special occasions etc. The whole idea of this sounds a little brutal to me.

How would you handle the situation? I responded to his texts basically saying we would play it by ear, if the time works out we will see about going. But every part of me wanted to respond with a flat out "no thanks". Do you think they would be offended in any way if we were not to partake? Like I mentioned above, great couple and we have an awesome time when we hang out together. But this wasn't something I was expecting. *sigh*
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #52223
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List

Sold it.

Even in the downturn market, it sold for $7,900 more than I paid. Fun ride, time for something different.
Attached Images

JP102465.00
Rmtt8211.00
King Rudi13154.00
Dang3r12512.00
      06-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #52224
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so figured this thread would work. Had some new neighbors move in a few weeks ago. A little older then my fiance and I, but share similar interests (working out/golf/drinking/they're also engaged). They're a great couple, and have introduced us to their friends and we've all hit it off.

Anyways over the weekend he sent me a text asking us to join a small christian pre-marital group... Wasn't expecting this at all based on our previous get togethers. I was raised catholic, and attended catholic school for 9yrs. So I feel like I have a solid grasp on the religious aspect of it. With that said, I am not interested at all. We are not overly religious by any extent, only attend mass during special occasions etc. The whole idea of this sounds a little brutal to me.

How would you handle the situation? I responded to his texts basically saying we would play it by ear, if the time works out we will see about going. But every part of me wanted to respond with a flat out "no thanks". Do you think they would be offended in any way if we were not to partake? Like I mentioned above, great couple and we have an awesome time when we hang out together. But this wasn't something I was expecting. *sigh*
OOOHHH that's a tough one! i would just politely let them know thank you but no thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #52225
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:

This started out with SO MUCH potential, and then you had to go a ruin it. Joekerr and I are disappointed that Now_Rudi will not get to exercise (nor prancercise) his imagination again so soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #52226
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Maybe tell him you appreciate it, but you are currently fine with the faith you were brought up in. Hopefully he won't push the issue.

But I will warn you...being from the South....they can be pretty persistent. At that point I treat it like taking a bandaid off....quick and direct.
      06-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #52227
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post

Sold it.

Even in the downturn market, it sold for $7,900 more than I paid. Fun ride, time for something different.
Nice....I will be looking out for what you get next!
      06-09-2020, 04:21 PM   #52228
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Nice....I will be looking out for what you get next!
I'll give you a hint...