BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Official 2019 BMW Z4 M40i Images Revealed Ahead Of Pebble Beach Debut

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the new Z4 now?
I like it! 121 66.12%
It's ok, still having mix feelings. 45 24.59%
I still hate it! 17 9.29%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

08-18-2018, 02:04 AM   #133
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

New screens I dig. But feels a little Acura-esq to me. I loved the simplicity of the last gen Z4 interior.Overall looks good tho. Need to see more details to get a better feel.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 02:26 AM   #134
lupeco
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Garage List
2015 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupeco View Post
Tough choice for next year. A new 3 series or a Z4...
That's easy.

Live a little... Buy the Z4!
That's exactly what I decided
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13117.00
      08-18-2018, 05:45 AM   #135
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra93 View Post
These are the latest spy shots. It's also rumored to be anywhere from $5k-$10k less than the Z4.

The only difference I can tell at this point is that the screen on the Supra is more tablet like, whereas on the Z4 it extends to meet the hood of the dials.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #136
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Tough choice for next year. A new 3 series or a Z4...
That's easy.

Live a little... Buy the Z4!
That's exactly what I decided
Nice !
      08-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #137
mr_z4mc1m_oz
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe & 1M

This is seriously ugly.

Sold: 3 x 130i (White, Red & Black), Mk4 VW Golf R32, '03 Reno Clio Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #138
loesch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport

Chicks will dig it. I'd take the Supra, as long as it doesn't have an electric water pump.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 11:57 PM   #139
vympel777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 540 B58 MSPRT \ F16 5.0 M SPRT

beautiful I hope 6'4 185 lbs people gonna fit in this tiny car
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 07:00 AM   #140
MahiC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 m3 ZCP Jet Black .

It has the profile of the SLK. BMW has ditched the long nose, small rear profile of the z4, even though the new one looks nice, I like the long hood of the older generations.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #141
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

The Aussie designer behind BMW's all-new Z4 roadster

Quote:
by Paul Gover | August 20, 2018

When BMW pulls the wraps off its hot new Z4 roadster this Friday, the stylish drop-top will be packed with Australian DNA courtesy of its Sydney-born designer Calvin Luk.

Luk followed his dream to Germany more than a decade ago and has now been entrusted with shaping the future for the Germany luxury brand.

Sydney-born Calvin Luk is BMW's hottest designer de jour

"There is something about sports cars, (they) have always been a bit more special,” Luk tells Australian Business Traveller ahead of the Z4's highly-anticipated reveal at the California's Pebble Beach Automotive Week. “It’s one of the more extreme emotional products that we have. So it has much more passion in the car.”

That passion took form at Pebble Beach in 2017 as a rakishly muscular concept car which made no apologies for the inherent selfishness of a two-seater.

Calvin Luk's highly-feted 2017 concept design for the BMW Z4

Luk can't share details of the finished product, which will be the hottest new sports car of 2018, but it's expected not to stray too far from the concept model, making it more tightly-wrapped and edgy in its design than today's Z4.

The new Z4 is scheduled for Australian roads in the first half of 2019 and will share many of its underpinnings with a born-again Toyota Supra coupe.

For Luk, the Z4 is the latest step in a story which began when he visited the Sydney Motor Show as a youngster in the 1990s and asked for advice on becoming a car designer.

Calvin Luk has spent years creating BMW's all-new Z4 roadster

He followed the trail to the Art Centre College of Design in California, then an internship at BMW, and finally a place in the advanced design studio in Munich.

The BMW X1 was Luk's first major design project

Now 32, Luk has been responsible for the design work on BMW’s current X1 and X3 SUVs, and is also secretly plugged into design work on the autonomous and electric cars that are not far down the road.

“I think it’s going to be a huge change,” he enthuses.

The Z4 is the current culmination of his 10 years at BMW, which he says is even better than he had hoped as a kid. Luk is now recognised as one of the most influential young designers in motoring, in a field where Melbournian Mike Simcoe is currently heading all global design for General Motors in Detroit, USA.

“It was always a dream to come to BMW, since I was a little boy. I’m enjoying it here. There is no reason to think about anything else,” Luk smiles.
https://www.ausbt.com.au/the-aussie-...ew-z4-roadster
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 06:39 PM   #142
BigT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: I12 i8 Coupe / I01 i3 120Ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
I like it enough that I'm going to get it (as I skipped the E89), but comparing it to the concept is like chalk and cheese. I'm definitely not sold on the front end.

Still, it's a million times better than the E89.

[/url]
Look on that concept nose... like a snake it lurks between the air inlets.
I hope to find the time to adapt this beauty in my CAD and then I make a nice print of it. One should ennoble Luk for that fresh iconic design!

I hide back my impressions of the official car - ok it's not a drama and yes, definitely more attractive than the too soft drawn E89.

Edit: There is already a very nice 3D model of the concept:
https://hum3d.com/360-view/?id=199828

Last edited by BigT; 08-20-2018 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: Adding information
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #143
supra93
Colonel
Rep

BMW at Monterey Car Week 2018

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/a...-car-week-2018

Quote:
Press Release

• World Premiere of the all-new BMW Z4 Roadster • North American Premiere of the new BMW M850i Coupe • BMW Concept M8 Gran Coupe • Displays at The Quail, A Motorsport Gathering, Legends of the Autobahn, The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – August 20, 2018… In the lead up to the 2018 Monterey Car Week celebration, BMW announces its planned highlights. After premiering the BMW Concept 8 Series Coupe and the BMW Concept Z4 Roadster on the Reviewing Stand at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance last August, BMW will take the wraps off of the production versions of those two models this August with the World premiere of the all-new BMW Z4 Roadster and the North American premiere of the all-new BMW M850i Coupe – the first of a new line of BMW 8 Series models. In addition, BMW will present the stunning BMW Concept M8 Gran Coupe for the first time in North America.

Following the official media unveilings on the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Reviewing Stand on Thursday August 23rd, the three premiere models will be displayed at several events throughout the week.

The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering

Since its inception, The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering has combined a lush setting on a golf course nestled against the Santa Lucia mountain range with exceptional cuisine and the finest examples of vintage sporting automobiles. BMW will once again have its signature display in the center of the show field for this exclusive event on Friday August 24. This year, the BMW display will feature the all-new BMW Z4 Roadster. BMW Design Chief Jozef Kaban will be on hand to speak with guests and BMW fans about the design of the new Z4 at noon.

On Saturday only, the all-new BMW Z4 Roadster and BMW M850i will join the BMW paddock display.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2018, 01:43 PM   #144
supra93
Colonel
Rep

BMW Z4 First Edition Teased Ahead Of Tomorrow’s Reveal

Quote:
These sketches make the car look like the concept, but a recent leak suggests the production car has a different look.

The BMW Z4 is just a day away from its official debut, and the German brand is providing one last teaser by releasing sketches of the First Edition model.

The images make the roadster look a lot like the concept by including massive corner intakes and a scalloped hood. Unfortunately, a recent leak of the M40i trim suggests the production model doesn't share these design elements (see below) or at least tones them down significantly. Instead, the inlets on each side of the front fascia are far smaller than in these sketches. The hood is also flatter than in the drawings. These teasers don't give the car proper A-pillars, either.

The Z4 will be available with multiple powertrains. The base sDrive20i and sDrive30i will pack a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder reportedly with 180 hp and 250 hp respectively. The M40i will upgrade to a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline six allegedly with 382 hp in the United States and 335 hp in Europe due to stricter emissions regulations. The range-topping version will also benefit from better brakes, adaptive dampers, and stickier tires. BMW won't build a dedicated M variant.

Inside, the Z4 will take cues from modern BMWs with a digital instrument cluster and wide infotainment screen next to it. The center console houses the gearshift, buttons to toggle some of the drive systems, and a dial for controlling the infotainment system.

Magna-Steyr will handle construction of the Z4 at its plant in Graz, Austria, and production will begin in late 2018. According to rumors, the range-topping variant will start at around $65,000 in the U.S. Look for the roadster to arrive in American showrooms in 2019.
https://www.motor1.com/news/263223/b...dition-teased/

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 09:05 PM   #145
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Another teaser.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread