BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Liberal Hypocrisy

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #221
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8531
Rep
9,645
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
Political offices are lost, not won.

People are against the Liberal movement that is restricting freedom of speech, removing women's rights through Trans women equality and being told by law that this is the new narrative.

The Liberal movement is very generous and very empathetic; unfortunately they feel obligated to change your point of view and use your resources to do it.
It's the same in Canada.

People would vote for anybody to maintain the principles that hard work and perseverance has its rewards and vote against anyone they feel would take that away.

People are against the Right-wing movement that is restricting freedom of speech, removing (-women's rights through-) Trans women equality and being told by law that this is the (-new-) narrative.

The Right-wing (-movement is very generous and very empathetic; unfortunately they-) feel obligated to change your point of view and use your resources to do it.
It's the same in Canada.

The Right-wing would vote for anybody to maintain the status-quo (-principles that hard work and perseverance has its rewards-) and vote against anyone they feel would take that away.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #222
TomHudson
Major
615
Rep
1,103
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Nice! It's my own personal ( and accurate) spell/idea check!
Appreciate 1
jmg8530.50

      09-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #223
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Ali Shiralian's Avatar
Canada
791
Rep
1,986
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Owen sound, Ontario, canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
Political offices are lost, not won.

People are against the Liberal movement that is restricting freedom of speech, removing women's rights through Trans women equality and being told by law that this is the new narrative.

The Liberal movement is very generous and very empathetic; unfortunately they feel obligated to change your point of view and use your resources to do it.
It's the same in Canada.

People would vote for anybody to maintain the principles that hard work and perseverance has its rewards and vote against anyone they feel would take that away.
"Liberal movement that is restricting freedom of speech"?
Care to elaborate on that or did you mean,
"Liberal movement that is restricting hate speech".

Cheers...
Appreciate 1
jmg8530.50

      09-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #224
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
The Chaddening's Avatar
8189
Rep
4,144
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/09/...uncomfortable/

A Muslim feminist....Talk about an oxymoron.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

Pronouns: Bro/Bruh
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #225
Delta0311
Banned
7393
Rep
10,130
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/09/...uncomfortable/

A Muslim feminist....Talk about an oxymoron.
All she has to do now is go trans and she will be a shoe in for 1st place in this years oppression olympics.
Appreciate 2
      09-29-2017, 07:48 PM   #226
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6830
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
This reminds me a bit of this movie scene ....

Oh man, you nailed it!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 08:12 PM   #227
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6830
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/09/...uncomfortable/

A Muslim feminist....Talk about an oxymoron.
Watched a few of her YouTube videos. She's hilarious. I'd grab a cup of coffee with that girl in a heartbeat; it would be a really interesting conversation.

I'm 100% certain I wont change your mind here but I'm going to give you my "they aren't all the same" pitch. if your only exposure to Christians was through news stories about Warren Jeff's Polygamous Mormon sect or maybe seeing Orthodox Christians out and about, you'd get some pretty twisted views of Christianity. Not unlike Christianity, there are all different types of Muslims. From the ultra orthodox to the ultra liberal.

I'm curious as to whether you actually know any Muslims, personally. Not like "I worked with this dude who was Muslim." I mean like you have Muslim friends that you've spent significant time with.

Muslim Feminist is no more an oxymoron than Christian feminist or Jewish feminist. You may have a higher percentage of Muslims who are ultra-conservative than you have ultra-conservative Christians or Jews, but the more Westernized ones are out there too, I promise.
Appreciate 1
jmg8530.50

      09-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #228
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1485
Rep
2,176
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SE US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
"Liberal movement that is restricting freedom of speech"?
Post #204 of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 09:40 PM   #229
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
The Chaddening's Avatar
8189
Rep
4,144
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Watched a few of her YouTube videos. She's hilarious. I'd grab a cup of coffee with that girl in a heartbeat; it would be a really interesting conversation.

I'm 100% certain I wont change your mind here but I'm going to give you my "they aren't all the same" pitch. if your only exposure to Christians was through news stories about Warren Jeff's Polygamous Mormon sect or maybe seeing Orthodox Christians out and about, you'd get some pretty twisted views of Christianity. Not unlike Christianity, there are all different types of Muslims. From the ultra orthodox to the ultra liberal.

I'm curious as to whether you actually know any Muslims, personally. Not like "I worked with this dude who was Muslim." I mean like you have Muslim friends that you've spent significant time with.

Muslim Feminist is no more an oxymoron than Christian feminist or Jewish feminist. You may have a higher percentage of Muslims who are ultra-conservative than you have ultra-conservative Christians or Jews, but the more Westernized ones are out there too, I promise.
I was a personal trainer for about 5 years and one of my clients was muslim, we were pretty good buddies for a while. Both of us were huge gamers and both interested in politics, had some great discussions. He actually reached out to me on linkedin recently to see how I was doing. I don't hate muslims (except for the ones that run over women and children with vans/trucks), but it seems pretty hilarious to think you can be a feminist and a Muslim when most women in Muslim countries have little to no rights whatsoever to this day. They just got the right to drive in Saudi Arabia a few days ago for crying out loud. Jewish and Christian women have rights in pretty much every country.

Not that it's surprising, many things liberals believe in I cant wrap my head around. For a group of people who are so proud to believe in science, it seems insane to be proponents of things such as the body positivity movement. I am suppose to celebrate obesity? Uh, no. Science would clearly show that dyslipidemia and insulin resistance are bad things, but I suppose science is only applied when it relates to the climate. But hey, if people want to destroy their bodies, go for it. Just don't expect me to pat you on the back folds for it.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

Pronouns: Bro/Bruh
Appreciate 4
SakhirM410195.00
scostu1227.50
MKSixer22661.50

      09-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #230
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6830
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
I was a personal trainer for about 5 years and one of my clients was muslim, we were pretty good buddies for a while. Both of us were huge gamers and both interested in politics, had some great discussions. He actually reached out to me on linkedin recently to see how I was doing. I don't hate muslims (except for the ones that run over women and children with vans/trucks), but it seems pretty hilarious to think you can be a feminist and a Muslim when most women in Muslim countries have little to no rights whatsoever to this day. They just got the right to drive in Saudi Arabia a few days ago for crying out loud. Jewish and Christian women have rights in pretty much every country.

Not that it's surprising, many things liberals believe in I cant wrap my head around. For a group of people who are so proud to believe in science, it seems insane to be proponents of things such as the body positivity movement. I am suppose to celebrate obesity? Uh, no. Science would clearly show that dyslipidemia and insulin resistance are bad things, but I suppose science is only applied when it relates to the climate. But hey, if people want to destroy their bodies, go for it. Just don't expect me to pat you on the back folds for it.
Hey thanks for the honest response. I'm glad to see you are not just blindly grouping all people together into a single religious camp as I feared you were from your prior post. I think the key here is that you can have an openly feminist Muslim in THIS country, but certainly not in a place like Saudi Arabia. Our laws and rights allow for it, thankfully.

if there's something Liberals believe in that you cant wrap your head around, just ask. I feel the same way about ultra conservatives and ultra religious folks, but I've gained some pretty solid perspectives from a number of folks here on this forum that are willing to set aside the name calling for a moment and just be real.

No, I don't think you need to celebrate diversity but you should at least (IMO) respect it. Or at least respect someone's right to it and to be different from you. I'm not a fan of guns but I respect people's rights to carry them. I'm not a fan of religion but I respect people's rights to their beliefs and hey, if it helps them through the day and helps them to be better people then I totally encourage it! If someone wants to be fat and is truly happy with that, fine. I think it's OK to say "I'm OK with who I am even if it does not conform to whatever stereotype society dictates." I think that makes some people nervous and that's unfortunate.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your experience. And seriously, if you see something f*cked up that you cant piece together I'd love to discuss it.
Appreciate 4
Lups11061.00
jmg8530.50
Zlaatan567.00

      09-30-2017, 06:38 AM   #231
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11061
Rep
15,342
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #232
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Ali Shiralian's Avatar
Canada
791
Rep
1,986
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Owen sound, Ontario, canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Post #204 of this thread.
I wouldn't call these people "Liberal". They are obviously belong to the far left and I for one have no use for them as much as I have no use for the far right.

The meaning of liberal according to the Webster is,

:a person who is liberal: such as. a ne who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways. b capitalized :a member or supporter of a liberal political party (see 1liberal 6) c :an advocate or adherent of liberalism especially in individual rights.

I point you to the last part of the definition, "advocate or adherent of liberalism ESPECIALLY in individual rights". These people were obviously are more adherent to hate than respecting other sides views, the other sides disgusting views notwithstanding.

Cheers, have a great day.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #233
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6830
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I didn't see the entire video. Did the dude just punch her lights out and get his hat back?
No, he just kept whining and whining like a little b*tch.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 10:41 AM   #234
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1485
Rep
2,176
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SE US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
I wouldn't call these people "Liberal".
Perhaps you wouldn't, but many do, including themselves.

If you're not willing to attach ANTIFA to the democratic party, then you can't attach a group such as the neo-nazis we saw in Charlottesville to the Republicans. I say that with an impersonal 'you', this isn't necessarily directed at you. People seem to be willing to completely disregard logic as long as doing so fits the narrative. BS.

Last edited by Chihuahua; 10-01-2017 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2017, 10:42 AM   #235
Wheelwright
Captain
Wheelwright's Avatar
Canada
327
Rep
659
Posts

Drives: M235i (6MT fakerich edition)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada, Oak Ridges

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Not that it's surprising, many things liberals believe in I cant wrap my head around. For a group of people who are so proud to believe in science, it seems insane to be proponents of things such as the body positivity movement. I am suppose to celebrate obesity? Uh, no. Science would clearly show that dyslipidemia and insulin resistance are bad things, but I suppose science is only applied when it relates to the climate. But hey, if people want to destroy their bodies, go for it. Just don't expect me to pat you on the back folds for it.
I don't think this "body positivity" or "fat acceptance" movement is something mainstream left supports. They don't try to hide scientific fact that obesity is bad because you can easily find this information presented unequivocally in mainstream left-biased media. However when you go to that extreme left of the political spectrum, those people do indeed support militant fatties. But before we all clobber the far left for abandoning their rational principles of believing in science, let's look at libertarians and extreme right because they are no better than the Trotskys although for entirely different reasons: rather than "celebrating diversity" they want to be freed from the clutches of ever-oppressive government, so in effect they say "if I want to be a human 500-pound immobile fungus, no govenmt aint gonna stop me!".
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #236
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
1343
Rep
2,394
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

^I dont see how the acceptance or disproval of human obesity is either a left or rightwinged trait?

All I know is that the US seems to be filled with extremely obese people compared to most other countries
__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410195.00

      10-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #237
Rik84
Full Potato
Canada
322
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vancouver BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'd have decked her, got my hat back, and settled it. Blah blah blah about hitting women; she's hiding behind that decorum.
Honestly donít think this is a left or right problem, itís generational. Iím at the back end of mlienials (33 yrs old) and watching the news, talking to friends and people on the ever entertaining inter webs has made something abundantly clear.

People used to respect each other. You could disagree and still be an adult about it, get your point across and move on. This is going Back as early as 20 years ago. Now, extreme left and extreme right operate in the exact same manner - I have to tell and be more abrasive than my opponent.

I CAN WEAR MY TRUMP HAT WHEREVER I WANT. Itís my right and you canít stop me! Very true, but wearing it in certain areas is going to illicit a certain response and youíll have to deal with it.

Unfortunately those who are responding are just as aggressive. YOU CAN WEAR YOUR HAT BUT I CAN SCREAM AND YELL AND RIP IT OFF YOUR HEAD BECAUSE OTS MY RIGHT TO DO SO! Aaaaaaaarghdjslshdhdbeiend

Everyone just needs to attempt to be a bit more rational and shit will clean up a lot faster.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2017, 12:13 PM   #238
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1485
Rep
2,176
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SE US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik84 View Post
...and watching the news,...

Everyone just needs to attempt to be a bit more rational and shit will clean up a lot faster.
Turn off your TV. I find the vast majority of people I encounter to be quite rational, my guess is you do too. The news is sensationalizing things to keep you entertained, because ratings.
Appreciate 4
SakhirM410195.00
scostu1227.50
cliverman413.50

      10-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #239
Rik84
Full Potato
Canada
322
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vancouver BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Turn off your TV. I find the vast majority of people I encounter to be quite rational, my guess is you do too. The news is sensationalizing things to keep you entertained, because ratings.
Very true. I also firmly believe that 90% of the people out there are normal great people. But even take this forum for example. The level of scathing, insulting, terrible shit that people say to each other in the politics sub forum is crazy. Shit like hat doesnít help.

I personally quite enjoy having a debate with friends about all sorts of random shit. But it never turns into the mean spirited insulting shit that is thrown around on this forum. Which people then back up with ďdonít be butt hurt snowflakeĒ or something along those lines.

I dunno, people just need to chill.
Appreciate 5
SakhirM410195.00
MKSixer22661.50
cliverman413.50

      10-01-2017, 02:21 PM   #240
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8531
Rep
9,645
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
People are against the Right-wing movement that is restricting freedom of speech, removing (-women's rights through-) Trans women equality and being told by law that this is the (-new-) narrative.

The Right-wing (-movement is very generous and very empathetic; unfortunately they-) feel obligated to change your point of view and use your resources to do it.
It's the same in Canada.

The Right-wing would vote for anybody to maintain the status-quo (-principles that hard work and perseverance has its rewards-) and vote against anyone they feel would take that away.
There's a book, 1984, by George Orwell. Go read it.
There's this thing called history. Read up on it.

There are many similarities between the though police and the far right.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #241
SakhirM4
Major General
SakhirM4's Avatar
United_States
10195
Rep
8,702
Posts

Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
There's this thing called history. Read up on it.

There are many similarities between the thought police and the far left.
FTFY

https://www.amazon.com/New-Thought-P.../dp/0761563733
__________________
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 4
lakefront266.50
MKSixer22661.50
scostu1227.50

      10-02-2017, 08:40 PM   #242
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Ali Shiralian's Avatar
Canada
791
Rep
1,986
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Owen sound, Ontario, canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Perhaps you wouldn't, but many do, including themselves.

If you're not willing to attach ANTIFA to the democratic party, then you can't attach a group such as the neo-nazis we saw in Charlottesville to the Republicans. I say that with an impersonal 'you', this isn't necessarily directed at you. People seem to be willing to completely disregard logic as long as doing so fits the narrative. BS.
I do not attach anybody to any party necessarily. Sure, neo naziz are not republican or democrat, but lack of condemnation of those people from different parties is throublesome, wouldn't you think?

Especially from the highest office in the land I might add..

Have a great evening.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST