BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: Japanese GP - Suzuka (Oct 13)

10-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #177
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
There was a certain poetic justice to seeing MV being pushed off the track by CLC after the opposite happened at Austria.
Albon needs to be careful, if he keeps putting in qualifying performances like todays at Suzuka (a track he had never raced at before)...MV will veto Red bull from signing him up for next season.
=> https://www.beinsports.com/us/f1/new...ate-is/1265550
=> https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/08...y-teammate-is/
=>https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ver...s-0QuBGh-p0kde
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #178
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Agreed but not thanks to anyone speaking Deutsch. Therefore I can say freely that Your max is a cunt. Because I don’t have a horse in this race. And going after the biggest asshole is fun.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #179
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Agreed but not thanks to anyone speaking Deutsch. Therefore I can say freely that Your max is a cunt. Because I don’t have a horse in this race. And going after the biggest asshole is fun.
Easy to be an internet warrior without a lance
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2019, 03:51 PM   #180
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Easy to be an internet warrior without a lance
That's because you don't have to have a lance to poke fun of the obvious
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #181
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      10-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #182
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Interesting race. You all are hypersensitized to the whipper-snappers, good for you. While you're hyper-ing may I suggest you spend a bit of focus on Albon and Mr. Norris. In the meantime the veterans determined the outcome of this race. My only real question is if Vettel's borked start threw LEC off as well. We may never know.
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      10-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #183
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
That's because you don't have to have a lance to poke fun of the obvious
All I see is you is digging a hole getting nowhere, actually killing myself laughing as I'm sure MAX would be at your comedy flash of wit
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #184
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
All I see is you is digging a hole getting nowhere, actually killing myself laughing as I'm sure MAX would be at your comedy flash of wit
I'm sure. From his well deserved 20th place
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 10-14-2019 at 12:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #185
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

While I agree that this whole LEC/VER incident was LEC fault, mistakes happen. Anyone suggesting that LEC intentionally drove into VER (or that any driver does something similar - VET/HAM at Baku being the exception) isn't necessarily thinking clearly. Mistake's happen and he owned up to unnecessarily causing the collision.

If we go back a few years, Max was making a lot of similar mistakes and being criticized for it (anyone remember the first batch of races through Monaco last year)? But he's been in F1 a few years longer now and has matured to a point where he is a much more complete driver. Same thing with HAM and his first few years in F1. He was blisteringly quick as soon as he arrived in F1 but had his far share of mistakes and look at him now, one of the most consistent drivers on the grid. The same thing will happen with LEC. I think its pretty obvious he has the talent and pace and just needs a bit more experience to understand the risks with a move like that.

On an unrelated topic, I just read that the timing system during the race experience a glitch and the official checkered flag was shown one lap early. This means that Perez, despite crashing while battling Gasly, was classified in the points. Which is odd, because this new system was implemented to avoid the race being ended early (the race in Montreal a few years ago prompted this new system).
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58897.50
      10-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #186
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Interesting race. You all are hypersensitized to the whipper-snappers, good for you. While you're hyper-ing may I suggest you spend a bit of focus on Albon and Mr. Norris. In the meantime the veterans determined the outcome of this race. My only real question is if Vettel's borked start threw LEC off as well. We may never know.
I think VET false start did indeed have an effect on LEC as LEC was just as slow getting off the line. We've all has something similar happen at a red light when the car next to us make's a false start. I think VET slight movement was enough to throw off LEC but he was still quick enough to notice the lights were still red. Processing all of that right before the lights did go out was probably the cause in the delay getting off the line.

Just my opinion though. As you mentioned, we probably wont know for sure unless maybe a reporter thinks about explicitly asking this questions. And even then, I doubt we'll get the full story because its rare we teammates calling each other our for this type of stuff.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      10-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #187
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Of course he cares...you think if Albon consistently out qualified Verstappen he wouldn't care!
Don't forget Verstappen has also said he would be 2 tenths faster than Hamilton or Leclerc in the same car!!!
The guy is hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 04:55 PM   #188
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
There was 2 guys here talking smack about Vettel a few weeks back. Where are they now?
Sorry didn't watch it live.

Great quali and race from Vet minus the botched start.
Lec messed up.
LH would have probably been better off trying a one stop, but championship is almost wrapped up he just needs to cruise to the finish.

Again it just shows how great Merc was/is as a team to achieve great results year after year. Even with the faster cars, you still need to finish on Sunday which Ferrari has had but just can't get the job done.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #189
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
LH would have probably been better off trying a one stop, but championship is almost wrapped up he just needs to cruise to the finish.
I think it was a decision foisted on him by Toto. Lewis is legendarily good on tires and yet they brought him into the pits with his tires at 70% after 20 laps and only 10 to go. That call gave the race to Bottas. But MB got their manufacturers' crown and that, after all, is the one with the big check.
Quote:
Again it just shows how great Merc was/is as a team to achieve great results year after year. Even with the faster cars, you still need to finish on Sunday which Ferrari has had but just can't get the job done.
I think Ferrari is still rebuilding. I like the team; they should be a serious presence next year. Perhaps the drivers need to step up their professionalism and consistency.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #190
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Of course he cares...you think if Albon consistently out qualified Verstappen he wouldn't care!
Don't forget Verstappen has also said he would be 2 tenths faster than Hamilton or Leclerc in the same car!!!
The guy is hilarious.
That was MAX's reaction to Lewis . Because Lewis said at first he would love to get MAX as a team mate with Mercedes . By this I can finally show I'm faster than MAX
You can see it as *Psychological warfare*
While the whole world knows that MAX is doing more with less in the RB15 with HONDA in their first season .

But from what we saw today from Lewis is that his team mate Bottas was faster !
Well ...That's even more hilarious
Side note : Lewis is a fantastic driver.... In the best car of the field

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #191
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Interesting...

Initially, race stewards deemed the incident not worthy of investigation but they then changed their mind, eventually saying they would speak to both drivers and conclude their review after the race. LeCrash received 15 seconds' worth of time penalties - five for his role in the incident and 10 because Ferrari, who were also fined *€25,000* did not pit him soon enough with a damaged car.

According MAX...

"We had a really good start for once, that was a positive, and then I just stayed on the outside and suddenly into turn two, Charles drove into the side of my car. From my side I don't think I could have done anything different there. We all know that you lose downforce behind the car so that is not an excuse and I think he is experienced enough to know that.

According LeCrash...

"I understeered being behind Sebastian and Lewis, and then we touched," I haven't seen the full situation from the outside. From the car it was just a tricky situation. I have no idea [about a penalty], I need to see the incident."

But LeCrash received *two penalty points on his license* !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      10-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #192
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

How did MB's strategy for HAM go from 1 stop to 2 stops??
Didn't they have data supporting extreme tire deg due to the extreme lateral loads??
If yes, they could have chosen the hard compound to hopefully make it to 53 laps??
If no....where did MB's data lead them to conclude a 1 stop strategy was acceptable??
      10-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #193
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Anybody else not having faith in that new tire life display they had this race? It didn't seem to match what some drivers were saying.
      10-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #194
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Didn't they have data supporting extreme tire deg due to the extreme lateral loads??
If yes, they could have chosen the hard compound to hopefully make it to 53 laps??
If no....where did MB's data lead them to conclude a 1 stop strategy was acceptable??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Anybody else not having faith in that new tire life display they had this race? It didn't seem to match what some drivers were saying.
I'm not sure about it . Like you say it's new . Lewis was called to pit with 70% in green left on his front and rear tires on the display .
Or was it just a Merc-strategy to hand over the victory to Bottas ?
Lewis can cruise to WC anyway...

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #195
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Quote:
I'm not sure about it . Like you say it's new . Lewis was called to pit with 70% in green left on his front and rear tires on the display .
Or was it just a Merc-strategy to hand over the victory to Bottas ?
Lewis can cruise to WC anyway...
Yea that one in particular, didn't Lewis say his rears were shot at that point? I'll have to go back and rewatch...
      10-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #196
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yea that one in particular, didn't Lewis say his rears were shot at that point? I'll have to go back and rewatch...
OK . Let me know
Good night mate . It's 3 AM over here . And last night I didn't slept to watch the race

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 08:10 PM   #197
Fender150
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

It seems to me merc was ok letting bottas have this one, since they were going to secure both championships anyway. Giving the guy a break
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2019, 08:38 PM   #198
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Personally, I think its just a gimmick and a general estimate the developers of the graphics make based on some sort of math/algorithm. I'd be surprised if the teams were providing the data considering how valuable it could be to their competitors.
Appreciate 3
Bartledoo2690.00
M5Rick58897.50