BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board U.S. Army Private Travis King

09-29-2023, 11:24 PM   #45
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
He will get a slap on the wrist, end up sitting in limbo at his unit getting questioned and then paid doing nothing for the next 15-24 months while the military processes a general discharge, and sent on his way. This is too public now for them to actually punish him without any backlash from the general public or bleeding heart politicians.
Nope. He will either do prison time or be placed in a mental institution. Maybe both.
2023 M4CX - RIP - WGI Turn 9
2024 M4CX - Week 39
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 10:30 AM   #46
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiRich View Post
Damn, even NK didn't want him!!
I was going to say same. You know NK could have used him as a bargaining chip or something. Even as a propagandist or free labor in a camp somewhere.

But to just give him back says a lot without saying anything.

Hopefully his family will rest easy that at least he’s back in the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 06:56 AM   #47
Llarry
///M driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6-speed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Nope. He will either do prison time or be placed in a mental institution. Maybe both.
Well, I feared he would get off without accountability, but the Army has now filed charges of desertion, etc. against him.
      10-28-2023, 09:24 AM   #48
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Prison time would be very unusual for typical AWOL, but this guy went several steps beyond that. I would expect it will be a big loss of pay, forfeiture of all pay while awol, and then a discharge under other than honorable conditions. Basically it’s the most straightforward discharge process for this type of conduct. Dishonorable takes more time and more paperwork.

Most guys also don’t have the motivation to try to upgrade an OTH discharge, since they can still answer “No” if asked about getting a dishonorable discharge.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 12:11 PM   #49
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
Prison time would be very unusual for typical AWOL, but this guy went several steps beyond that. I would expect it will be a big loss of pay, forfeiture of all pay while awol, and then a discharge under other than honorable conditions. Basically it’s the most straightforward discharge process for this type of conduct. Dishonorable takes more time and more paperwork.

Most guys also don’t have the motivation to try to upgrade an OTH discharge, since they can still answer “No” if asked about getting a dishonorable discharge.
I would disagree. Desertion pretty much guarantees a dishonorable.
Appreciate 1
tcphoto3537.00