BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 135i vs RX-7

01-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #23
Sephiroth
4-6-8
India
Rep
Drives: for the fun of it

ajax, thats some good news! I remember Hymee and Richard Paul were working on SC kits for quite some time. I haven't been following the RX8 as much as i would like.
      01-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #24
aitsu
Mmmmm.. torque....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Imola Red F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love View Post
ajax, thats some good news! I remember Hymee and Richard Paul were working on SC kits for quite some time. I haven't been following the RX8 as much as i would like.
I doubt we'll ever see anything useful from Richard, unfortunately, beyond the short throw shifter he made which is awesome (even though my dealer claims it caused my synchros to fail). The problem with his SC is that he has this bizarre idea that it needs to be so small and because of that it doesn't hit positive pressure until 7k RPM. Since it's axial flow, it builds pressure linearly across the rev band. 7k RPM to just start building is not too useful.

If he'd make it a little larger in diameter or add another stage to it, it'd probably end up more usable, but as it is right now, it's a parasite.

Hymee should be posting an official dyno this week. When I talked to him 2 years ago, he said it wasn't putting out the numbers he wanted because the throttle body was just too small. They designed a completely new throttle body to accomodate the extra flow. I think they're the only company that has gone that far in the design process.
Appreciate 0