BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Is the Medina Spirit trainer REALLY that stupid?

05-10-2021, 04:31 PM   #1
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Is the Medina Spirit trainer REALLY that stupid?

I don't really follow horseracing much but this guy Bob Baffert is a total idiot. Somehow his disqualified Kentucky Derby horse was a victim of cancel culture? WTF is this guy smoking? Of course he is stating this on a particular cable channel.

Anyway, somehow his horse failed drug tests (along with 5 other of his horses over the past year) but it's a conspiracy. SMH.

He doesn't elaborate on specifically what he means when he says it's a result of cancel culture.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 05:10 PM   #2
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

Assuming you mean this CNN piece ? (sorry dont watch any of the propaganda stations)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...sy/vp-BB1gzVIR

Horse racing, like Boxing, is notorious for falsified drug tests. Or bad guys doping afterwards, handlers bribed. its a money maker, like in the 100's of millions. Not saying he didn't dope the horse, but like all cases, don't believe first accusation...get the facts.

"People in the public don't understand," Baffert said in his television appearance. "People in my world, they understand this is all B.S. Bob Baffert's not stupid. ... We don't use that drug. That horse never had it in him, and we have the documentation."
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 05:33 PM   #3
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
Assuming you mean this CNN piece ? (sorry dont watch any of the propaganda stations)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...sy/vp-BB1gzVIR

Horse racing, like Boxing, is notorious for falsified drug tests. Or bad guys doping afterwards, handlers bribed. its a money maker, like in the 100's of millions. Not saying he didn't dope the horse, but like all cases, don't believe first accusation...get the facts.

"People in the public don't understand," Baffert said in his television appearance. "People in my world, they understand this is all B.S. Bob Baffert's not stupid. ... We don't use that drug. That horse never had it in him, and we have the documentation."

No, actually I hadn't watched CNN and you've made it abundantly clear you don't watch it either, lol. I actually read about it on The Guardian and other sources. The pure fact this guy is using the term "cancel culture" for this incident speaks for itself. Why on earth have 5 other horses that he has "trained" also been disqualified in just one year?

According to various reports:

The trainer on Monday lashed out at Churchill Downs for announcing his suspension before a more lengthy investigation could be done.

"I think it was just a knee-jerk, cancel culture kind of reaction," Baffert told Peacock Network's "The Dan Patrick Show." "They violated my due process."

A Churchill Downs spokesman on Monday declined to comment on Baffert's allegations, instead referring to a statement from Sunday: "Failure to comply with the rules and medication protocols jeopardizes the safety of the horses and jockeys, the integrity of our sport and the reputation of the Kentucky Derby and all who participate."

Churchill Downs, the site of the Derby, revealed Sunday that Medina Spirit had registered levels of an anti-inflammatory drug beyond Kentucky horse racing's legal limit in a post-race blood test. For now, Baffert, who holds the record for the most Derby wins in the sport's history, is suspended from entering horses at the track, and if the results are confirmed, he and Medina Spirit will be stripped of their victory.

Baffert thinks that would be unfair. During an interview on Fox News on Monday, he called Churchill Downs' statement "harsh," suggesting that they faced societal pressure to reach their decision. "We live in a different world now. This America is different ... it was like a cancel culture kind of a thing," Baffert said, without acknowledging that his horses have reportedly failed drug tests 29 other times over his four-decade career.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #4
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

The real question is why does anyone even care about little people racing horses in a circle?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 05:58 PM   #5
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
The real question is why does anyone even care about little people racing horses in a circle?
I honestly don't, I mean I don't watch horse racing but plenty do. My guess is the answer to your question is MONEY. I also have no interest in watching race cars going around an oval.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 06:09 PM   #6
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

Of course he is stating this on a particular cable channel.

Was referring to this, figured it was CNN or FOX or MSNBC, seemed like a "slight" to one side or another, just couldn't figure which brainwashed side.

I've been going to races since 9yo. Dad used to break horses back on the farm. I like handicapping and amazing watch them run. All sports are corrupt, in some cases fixed, but ones with more money can cover it up better. (see NFL and NBA)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 06:24 PM   #7
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Of course he is stating this on a particular cable channel.

Was referring to this, figured it was CNN or FOX or MSNBC, seemed like a "slight" to one side or another, just couldn't figure which brainwashed side.
The side that likes to cry "cancel culture" all the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 07:34 PM   #8
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
The side that likes to cry "cancel culture" all the time.
Well its happened, whatever you want to call it. Folks crushed on the internet in a matter of hours. Spreading false info w/o all the facts, rarely in the name of equal anything. I could have an opinion on something anti woke, and I can lose my job...I saw it happen first hand..."shhhh" is real, it'll get to you or someone you know.

Righteous outrage from a misinformed brainwashed citizenry, we are so far past conspiracy theory and other idiotic buzz words...we are just that stupid now.

But I digress. I'll wait for the facts, than express an opinion. You dont even realize what you did here.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2021, 07:41 PM   #9
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

What did I do? I introduced a story that covered one of the most famous trainers in the sport and he used an expression that seems to be quite popular these days. His explanation provided seemed pretty whack. I can always count on you to blow everything out of proportion and go full blown politics though and listen to you go on about the end of our republic. You didn't mention wanting to move to Florida this time though. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 07:51 PM   #10
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

My wife is heavily into horses and also competes her 3. You would be surprised how many false drug tests surround the industry. Can be as simple as a groom urinating in the horses stall (a completely normal behavior for all horse people, nasty) who is on medications, this in turn can be absorbed through the horses skin or hoofs. Cross contamination from tools or other contact is also another concern.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 08:46 PM   #11
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

Quote:
What did I do? I introduced a story that covered one of the most famous trainers in the sport and he used an expression that seems to be quite popular these days. His explanation provided seemed pretty whack. I can always count on you to blow everything out of proportion and go full blown politics though and listen to you go on about the end of our republic. You didn't mention wanting to move to Florida this time though. Lol.
You came on a forum and called someone idiot w/o having all the facts, same thing that happens 1000 times a day on twitter, he's not going to Preakness. #NiceAssist

But nice deflect.

Our03Z4 exactly, but he's a total idiot so there. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 09:02 PM   #12
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
You came on a forum and called someone idiot w/o having all the facts, same thing that happens 1000 times a day on twitter, he's not going to Preakness. #NiceAssist

But nice deflect.

Our03Z4 exactly, but he's a total idiot so there. lol
Lol, I stated he's an idiot for using the bullshit phrase "cancel culture" which is completely out of place in this situation IMHO. I don't feel like tracking down all the articles I was reading but he had contradicted himself with some of the statements he was making.

As someone else pointed out, it's possible the horst ate hay that was contaminated. HOWEVER, if this is such a known thing, why the hell do they hire these guys who take a piss on the hay that the horse is clearly going to ingest? There is definitely something wrong going on there and it just doesn't make sense. The stakes are huge for these races and anyone thinking it's normal to do this is nuts.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 11:41 AM   #13
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Lol, I stated he's an idiot for using the bullshit phrase "cancel culture" which is completely out of place in this situation IMHO. I don't feel like tracking down all the articles I was reading but he had contradicted himself with some of the statements he was making.

As someone else pointed out, it's possible the horst ate hay that was contaminated. HOWEVER, if this is such a known thing, why the hell do they hire these guys who take a piss on the hay that the horse is clearly going to ingest? There is definitely something wrong going on there and it just doesn't make sense. The stakes are huge for these races and anyone thinking it's normal to do this is nuts.
you can use "cancel culture" in this situation for sure.

it doesnt have to be a political view that gets you cancelled. There was a big social media presence calling for his horses to be removed because of the failed drug test, and the committee suspended all his horses until the investigation is complete because of it.

these big corps are bending over backwards to appease the social media masses and that is exactly what cancel culture is.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 12:27 PM   #14
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

No matter what, Bob Baffert has now ADMITTED they treated the horse with an ointment containing the banned substance in question. It was used all the way up to 1 day prior to the Kentucky Derby race! Throw this on top of the fact he was contradicting himself with statements before this, my comment stands.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 12:15 PM   #15
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

So what do you guys think of Baffert NOW?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 04:39 PM   #16
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Doesn't seem like Baffert is such a good guy, huh?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 09:21 AM   #17
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Some people think that they're above the law, rules or ethical standards of society, politics, sport, etc. He has had a great deal of success and perhaps he's just arrogant enough to belong to aforementioned group. Do you think that he knows every medication, ointment and feed product given to his entire stable of horses? Horse racing is truly above such behavior and the '20 Kentucky Derby illustrated that.
      05-18-2021, 09:50 AM   #18
_X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Red Int. M3

Quote:
Doesn't seem like Baffert is such a good guy, huh?
You got this bent out of shape about a guy in a sport you don’t care about using the phrase “cancel culture”? Lol.

Perhaps try just enjoying the forum for the passion we all share for e9Xs M3s.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 10:36 AM   #19
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X View Post
You got this bent out of shape about a guy in a sport you don’t care about using the phrase “cancel culture”? Lol.

Perhaps try just enjoying the forum for the passion we all share for e9Xs M3s.
First of all, it's a topic of interest because of what's at stake and the guy involved. In addition to his idiotic use of "cancel culture" it was his sheer arrogance that was annoying. For the record, I very much enjoy these forums and participate accordingly in the appropriate ones. Last I checked this one we're engaged in right here is not the e9Xs M3 forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 10:42 AM   #20
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Horses eat hay that someone pissed on???
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 11:40 AM   #21
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Yeah, that was the original excuse anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #22
_X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Red Int. M3

Quote:
First of all, it's a topic of interest because of what's at stake and the guy involved. In addition to his idiotic use of "cancel culture" it was his sheer arrogance that was annoying. For the record, I very much enjoy these forums and participate accordingly in the appropriate ones. Last I checked this one we're engaged in right here is not the e9Xs M3 forum.
It was a suggestion that might help you to be happier as an individual focusing on the car you enjoy and less upset in a thread about a guy in a sport you don’t care about.

A lot of folks with similar viewpoints as yourself seem to enjoy making slights before proceeding to point out the bad in all things associated with the topic. Try being happy and letting folks you believe to be idiots, be idiots.

Is using social media to impact an individual cancel culture? Is that what this man is asserting? I don’t know and would like to learn.
Appreciate 0