BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion what is wrong with bmw Ireland?

02-13-2023, 05:02 AM   #1
Alonso085
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: E31 840ci / E92 325i/ i3 / E36

Never buying a bmw again. 2015 i3 won’t move but says all good. I have been calling bmw dealers in Ireland trying to book it in to get it looked at but after 3 days of not getting called back by different dealers I finally went back to my usual dealer. They had asked me to call around because the 8 year battery warranty expires this Wednesday and said I should get it in to bmw before then.

I gave up on the wider dealer network and tried the bmw Ireland number they gave me but it was an external call centre that once I did not have a subscription would not do anything pretty much the same thing that happened when I called the service number in the idrive on the car when it broke down. So today I called my usual dealer back and they said the next service date is 14th march and when I told her that the other dealerships never called back she said the are booked worse than them and don’t have dates until mid may! So why the f*** did you have me call around other places in the first place.

Would make me very nervous having an electric bmw as my only car when the dealer only has one mechanic trained to work on them it’s crazy they are allowed to be so undertrained. Cannot believe that bmw dealers cannot even return a call to customers talk about a premium experience. Never again
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 09:39 AM   #2
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

If the battery warranty expires on Wednesday, I would hire a lorry and take the vehicle to your usual dealer. Tell them the vehicle is coming to them and that you expect a service advisor to meet you for a preliminary evaluation and to document the vehicle is at the dealer before the warranty date. Probably still have a fight on your hands but ...
Appreciate 3
      02-13-2023, 04:11 PM   #3
Alonso085
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: E31 840ci / E92 325i/ i3 / E36

Don’t think there is anything wrong with the battery and I was not even aware the warranty on it was running out. They told me on Thursday to call around other dealers it was not my idea. I just find it hard to believe that a main bmw dealer only has one mechanic who can touch electric cars.

The last time I was in for a recall it was supposed to take 1 day it ended up taking 3 and when I called in to collect my car the service advisor could not find the key, I told him that was because there are 3 strangers sitting in my car being given a demo by the salesperson. I had to go outside and ask them to get out of my car and to give me back my keys. I have spare cars I can drive but I just think it’s crazy that the lead time on a service appointment for an electric vehicle is 4-8 weeks!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 07:42 PM   #4
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

I would still get it to the dealer by the warranty date. Just on principle.

As for the sales person demoing your car. I would have said that is going to cost you $200 or a complete detailing. YIKES!!
Appreciate 1