BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum M40i Build Timeline

07-09-2021, 01:48 PM   #529
cvieri59
Private
France
Rep
Drives: Z4 G29

Hi guys

Ordered mine 10 weeks ago and i still dont have any production timeslot confirmed, not before september it seems....
I opened a claim with BMW head office customer center but no news, they dont care about their customer...
I am a bit lost and alone
Has anyone a contact in BMW to support me?

Max from France
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 02:09 PM   #530
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvieri59 View Post
Hi guys

Ordered mine 10 weeks ago and i still dont have any production timeslot confirmed, not before september it seems....
I opened a claim with BMW head office customer center but no news, they dont care about their customer...

Max from France
Have you been able to speak with your sales agent? I can’t imagine that they would make you wait this long and expect you to hang around. I would definitely pressure them to give back your deposit money, especially if they haven’t started production. Or call the Genius line to find out what the hell the hold up is!!!

Thoughts to you Max from France.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 02:15 PM   #531
mcboatface
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandzandr View Post
Well, the truck (no idea if it has actually left yet) may possibly arrive on Sunday but then the dealer needs 48 hours to process/prep/primp the car before I can pick it up, so I am hoping for Wednesday. I still think you will beat me and be driving with wind blowing your hair before I will!
Why 48 hours? Mine was ready for pickup 6 hours after it came off the truck. No dealer should take more than a day to deliver a sold car.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #532
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcboatface View Post
Why 48 hours? Mine was ready for pickup 6 hours after it came off the truck. No dealer should take more than a day to deliver a sold car.
Yeah mine told me 1-2 hours depending on what time they get the car and the availability of people to do what needs to be done. (Cleaning and registering).
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 10:06 PM   #533
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcboatface View Post
While I agree, my dealer said 1-2 days. It depends what time the truck gets there, when they can pull it is and prep it, and finalizing the paperwork. Also, if it arrives during your CA's day off.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2021, 10:10 PM   #534
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
While I agree, my dealer said 1-2 days. It depends what time the truck gets there, when they can pull it is and prep it, and finalizing the paperwork. Also, if it arrives during your CA's day off.
I know my SA’s day off is Saturday, but I’ve also seen him come in to finalize deals so that MFer better come in for an hour! :P. I’d bring him cookies. LOL
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2021, 10:10 PM   #535
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Just came back from the M Track Day in Austin. It was a blast. They had a Z4 M40 for the street drive. It was a 20 minute circle that I completed in 13. Although it was raining and slick roads, that M40 stuck to the road and corners nicely. It was also comfortable.
Appreciate 3
Horseman4115.00
Kwajtrader1077.00
      07-10-2021, 08:17 AM   #536
Kwajtrader
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40i G29  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Just came back from the M Track Day in Austin. It was a blast. They had a Z4 M40 for the street drive. It was a 20 minute circle that I completed in 13. Although it was raining and slick roads, that M40 stuck to the road and corners nicely. It was also comfortable.
I found the same thing when we drove it at the performance center in the rain. Driving in the rain made it more fun and really increased my confidence in how well the car handles when you push it to its limits. It took a lot to get the front tires to break free and when they did, it was in a very controlled way that was easy to recover from.
Appreciate 3
      07-10-2021, 09:08 AM   #537
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwajtrader View Post
I found the same thing when we drove it at the performance center in the rain. Driving in the rain made it more fun and really increased my confidence in how well the car handles when you push it to its limits. It took a lot to get the front tires to break free and when they did, it was in a very controlled way that was easy to recover from.
Interesting that they did not have one for the track because it does not have ceramic brakes. It appears all the M cars get them. I asked if that was the only thing to change for the track and the answer was it was a good start.

In other news, the closed lap in the M2C was a blast. I'd get one if it was a vert. On the track, drove a M5C xDrive and M3C RWD. I posted a 128.125 average lap time in the M3C. I thought it was a better track car, but I am biased to RWD. The most surprising to me was the X6M in the drag race. It is not as heavy as the X5M with the same V8. I also liked the M8, but after driving it, I would not get one.

All in all, it was fun and a good product learning experience. Well worth the time and $.
Appreciate 2
Kwajtrader1077.00
CJ4211520.00
      07-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #538
cvieri59
Private
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Have you been able to speak with your sales agent? I can’t imagine that they would make you wait this long and expect you to hang around. I would definitely pressure them to give back your deposit money, especially if they haven’t started production. Or call the Genius line to find out what the hell the hold up is!!!

Thoughts to you Max from France.
I pushed the car dealer during the 10 weeks and each time said that it depends on BMW and not of himself and that they still did not receive any available peoduction slot...
he already proposed to give back the deposit, as if they were used with this situation with customer...
What is genius line?
People i contacted by mail and phone are BMW customer service in Munich, Head office
Tks for the support
I asked to have news this week otherwise i cancel the order
In this case I would obviously never buy a BMW (or try to...) anymore.
New TT or used F-type
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 12:47 PM   #539
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I pushed the car dealer during the 10 weeks and each time said that it depends on BMW and not of himself and that they still did not receive any available peoduction slot...
he already proposed to give back the deposit, as if they were used with this situation with customer...
What is genius line?
People i contacted by mail and phone are BMW customer service in Munich, Head office
Tks for the support
I asked to have news this week otherwise i cancel the order
In this case I would obviously never buy a BMW (or try to...) anymore.
New TT or used F-type
Hey yeah go here https://www.bmwusa.com/owners/genius.html across to the bottom there is a phone number to call. They are very helpful.

Though I can understand about not eating to buy a BMW from BMW you could always get one from other sources. This experience has been weird to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:00 PM   #540
Kwajtrader
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi guys

Max from France
I wonder if you are caught in between the 2021 and 2022 model year production change over. As Horseman points out, these are strange times. I have read in other related threads that productions slots are specific to each dealership and you may be able to find another dealership that has one available sooner.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:02 PM   #541
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I wonder if you are caught in between the 2021 and 2022 model year production change over. As Horseman points out, these are strange times. I have read in other related threads that productions slots are specific to each dealership and you may be able to find another dealership that has one available sooner.
That is true…. My dealer said that they had one more production slot available when I put my build order in. Makes sense then why I was able to get mine pushed through so fast.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #542
cvieri59
Private
France
Rep

Quote:
Hey yeah go here https://www.bmwusa.com/owners/genius.html across to the bottom there is a phone number to call. They are very helpful.

Though I can understand about not eating to buy a BMW from BMW you could always get one from other sources. This experience has been weird to say the least.
I will call them on Monday, tks
I hope they can help me even if i did not order the car in US
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:19 PM   #543
cvieri59
Private
France
Rep

Quote:
If some customers are disadvantaged vs other ones because of their country order, it would be definitly crazy!! Dont u think?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:21 PM   #544
cvieri59
Private
France
Rep

Quote:
That is true…. My dealer said that they had one more production slot available when I put my build order in. Makes sense then why I was able to get mine pushed through so fast.
As i said at the top, it would be incredible and very unrespectful from BMW.... normally one customer orders all over the world, he is the next in the queue...

I thought that buying a roughly 50k€ value new car Would be a good experience, but it is a nightmare in this case... :/
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:35 PM   #545
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I will call them on Monday, tks
I hope they can help me even if i did not order the car in US
If you go to the French BMW site, they should be able to give a better number. That’s a bad on my side. Just read the post without looking who posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:36 PM   #546
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
As i said at the top, it would be incredible and very unrespectful from BMW.... normally one customer orders all over the world, he is the next in the queue...

I thought that buying a roughly 50k€ value new car Would be a good experience, but it is a nightmare in this case... :/
Again, I believe that each dealer has a certain amount of custom build orders per time period. Perhaps your dealer just doesn’t have any available would be my only thought. Honestly, I’m not sure how it all works, but the situation is terrible indeed.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #547
Kwajtrader
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I didn’t mean to compare dealers in different countries. I was referring to multiple dealers in the same state having different allocations for new vehicle orders.

It may be worth posting a question to the “Ask a BMW dealer” forum on Bimmerfest.com to see if they have information on new car allocations (Link below) There is at least one US dealer on that forum that routinely posts when he has build allocations and they can typically schedule EU delivery, at least for US customers. BTW, Lille is a beautiful place to live!

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ask-a-bmw-dealer.20/
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 02:39 PM   #548
cvieri59
Private
France
Rep

Quote:
If you go to the French BMW site, they should be able to give a better number. That’s a bad on my side. Just read the post without looking who posted.
Contacted first BMW France but as I ordered in Hungary BMW car dealer and had no contact, advised me to call BMW HQ
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #549
cvieri59
Private
France
Rep

Quote:
I didn’t mean to compare dealers in different countries. I was referring to multiple dealers in the same state having different allocations for new vehicle orders.

It may be worth posting a question to the “Ask a BMW dealer” forum on Bimmerfest.com to see if they have information on new car allocations (Link below) There is at least one US dealer on that forum that routinely posts when he has build allocations and they can typically schedule EU delivery, at least for US customers. BTW, Lille is a beautiful place to live!

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ask-a-bmw-dealer.20/
Agreed
I will try to raise a topic on this forum if i dont have any update very soon
Incredible to call and write BMW customer service with all my contact details and nobody cares. Premium experience they said?

Thanks for Lille
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 02:52 PM   #550
Amadeo
Skipper
Spain
Rep
Drives: Bmw g29 z4 sdrive 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I talked to a friend of mine, owner of a BMW dealer and he confessed me they are having big problems with the supply of parts with chips in the production lines. He said I was lucky I bought the car last year because the factories can not produce cars with all options they use to neither can they deliver them when they were supposed to.
And it looks like it will take some time to change
A chips factory looks like a really good business now