BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board All 2026 cars: Cameras AND remote disabling

12-10-2021, 12:58 PM   #67
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Hopefully someone in the DOT understands... encryption... and lets the Secretary know about it.
"interested 3rd parties"

Encryption doesn't mean much if insider access bypasses any need to hack. Even if it's "pay for license to access", unless it's Bloomberg terminal levels of money it'll still be relatively easy to obtain.

I'm reminded of various movies going back decades that have portrayed this stuff and people still don't take it seriously / fully comprehend just how much can be done with the most seemingly innocuous information once it's all correlated together in certain ways.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 05:36 PM   #68
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

New Law Will Install Kill Switches In All New Cars https://news.yahoo.com/law-install-k...170000930.html

It’s now mainstream news.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 05:42 PM   #69
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
New Law Will Install Kill Switches In All New Cars https://news.yahoo.com/law-install-k...170000930.html

It’s now mainstream news.
I read this today. My 2022 may be my last purchase. I wish I kept my 2013 which was a beast without all this tech nonsense.

Last edited by cmyx6go; 01-06-2022 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 05:48 PM   #70
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
The government is only as annoying as those WE put/vote into office.
Not that I want to argue with you, but rarely are such things discussed before voting someone into office, and even if it were, once they get that seat things change faster than you can say re-election.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 08:40 PM   #71
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Whoa, just realized that Patton was banned. What happened?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 09:28 PM   #72
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Not that I want to argue with you, but rarely are such things discussed before voting someone into office, and even if it were, once they get that seat things change faster than you can say re-election.
There are mechanisms in place for voters to use to pull an elected official out of office. There have been recall efforts which failed. So the people of that state have spoken. They can't complain about policies that have negatively impacted the populous when they keep the same people in office.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 07:25 AM   #73
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
There are mechanisms in place for voters to use to pull an elected official out of office. There have been recall efforts which failed. So the people of that state have spoken. They can't complain about policies that have negatively impacted the populous when they keep the same people in office.
I would submit that it's harder to get someone out of office than it seems on the surface.
Appreciate 0