BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The one that got away...

12-23-2020, 02:07 PM   #45
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

I really, really *really* regret getting rid of my 2005 Imola Red (otherwise known as "Hey! You with the radar gun!") e46 M3 MT.

I was single and having nothing better to do I modified the hell out of that car and finally got it *exactly* how I wanted it.

And then? I got married.

And then I found out that being gone for extended periods of time (the Government threw a war and invited me) with a good looking blonde for a wife who had a lead foot was a *bad* combination.

Sooner or later, I was going to write a check to the police, a lawyer, or the morgue that I couldn't really afford.

As well, I really didn't have the garage space for it after getting said Wife-- so I eventually sold it to a buddy of mine in Ft. Meyers. Man, did *he* get a deal.

Big mistake. Huge.

Sigh.

(On the plus side, a lot of the "lessons learned" modifying BMW's that I got educated on with the e46 translate fairly directly to my M2C.)

R.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BMW003E794.50
      12-23-2020, 02:49 PM   #46
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post

And then I found out that being gone for extended periods of time (the Government threw a war and invited me)

As well, I really didn't have the garage space for it after getting said Wife-- so I eventually sold it to a buddy of mine in Ft. Meyers. Man, did *he* get a deal.

R.
Thank you for your service

I'm not far from Ft Meyers, got an extra key? How good of a friend?
Appreciate 1
ramman434712.00
      12-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #47
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Cathartic, this thread is:
Last night, Bear came walking towards me, carrying some PVC pipe () and as she passed, she didn't even look my direction.
"F*ck you, you bitch. 30+ years I've been pining after you, no more"
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 01:05 AM   #48
longm1985
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi

Hmm. The one that got away from me would probably be my future in music. I was an excellent trumpet player at one point. No fear; I could just go belt out whatever in front of whoever whenever, and I put in years of hours a day practice to be able to do it. As my anxiety issues started to take hold, that changed. While I remained 1st chair, my ability to perform under pressure fell out from under me. I ended up with an audition for a music scholarship and absolutely bombed it. Like I don't think I've been more embarrassed in my life. To this day, I wonder, if that had gone well where would I be now? One of my friends from high school was a percussionist with the Chicago Symphony for years. Could I have done that? Could I have recorded albums? I'll never know, and today, I haven't touched a trumpet in probably 15 years. All that hard work thrown away... by mental health issues. Ugh. That will always haunt me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
I hate when my d*ck flies out of my pants under hard braking, so I think the seats are great.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615280.00