BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Trump to ban migrants from 6 Muslim countries

01-25-2017, 08:27 AM   #45
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
My country has 50 stars on a blue field and 13 stripes starting with red and ending with red.
Yeah I thought so..... traitor!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 08:36 AM   #46
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Hell we get most of our oil from you.

US to invade Canada confirmed.
Not invade but maybe ban. Oh wait a minute he just approved Keystone XL so I guess we're friends now
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 08:45 AM   #47
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM_UK View Post
Odd, you'd think those fleeing oppressive Islamic regimes and ISIS would be exactly the kinds of people that you'd want to provide a home for in the USA as they'd be champions against that kind of Wahabist(saudi!) radicalism.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Still, plays well with the base, eh?
Appreciate 4
Sam_M208.00
fecurtis3168.50
VRG_135791.50

01-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #48
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
OP is back with his misleading fake news.

Trump is temporarily stopping the migration of refugees until the vetting standards are re-evaluated to his liking.

Do I agree with it? No not really, I'm not sure it's necessary. But he's the President and he's doing what he feels is right, and it's completely within the legal confines. I bet you weren't complaining OP when Obama signed his perfectly legal executive orders?

Do you just sit around all day, refresh Buzzfeed and The Young Turks, waiting to post another misleading and pointless thread on Bimmerpost?
Or am I providing "alternative facts"?

Ideology aside, lets talk practicality. Answer the question if you will, does this make a substantive difference to our safety or is it dog and pony?

He's signing an exec order today to begin adding to the wall. Again, substantive difference or dog and pony.

My case - on immigration I am saying dog and pony - because terrorist are smart enough to use countries not on the list

On the wall - Europe has this thing called the Mediterranean. Seems illegal immigrants have been finding a way to surmount that challenge. Fortunately our illegal immigrants are not quite as resourceful and will be perplexed by a 15 foot wall - again, dog and pony

I know it's easy to cry fake news instead of making a case, but try, wont you?
Appreciate 3
David70840.50
Doc Oc1379.00

01-25-2017, 09:01 AM   #49
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Don't you have some oil to change?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 09:08 AM   #50
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Hell we get most of our oil from you.

US to invade Canada confirmed.
I already triggered the event. The shadow government is already in place.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      01-25-2017, 09:58 AM   #51
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Don't you have some oil to change?
I am bored to tears here at work, January is usually our slowest month.

I'll be here all week! Tip your waitress!

Appreciate 1
VRG_135791.50

01-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #52
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

I'll accept that I used "migrant" and "refugee" interchangeably and that they are different terms with different meanings and that the European issue is much more migrant than refugee in origin. However, that doesn't change the point ... banning immigration from certain countries bears no relationship on the German issues with accepting migrants and/or refugees (because they have accepted both). It's typical codswallop from a poster who relishes in changing the debate into its starkest terms for personal entertainment and actually has zero interest in anyone's point of view but his own.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #53
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
I think there are serious logistical issues with that (like how do you realistically "test" for faith). That's why he is selecting countries, which means regardless of faith.

Bigger concern for me is that I think Saudi Arabia is a hot bed for radicalism and they are not on the list.
Follow the money.....a term I've seen on other threads. The Saudi's are not only "politically" friendly with us, they are an actual ally in the region. But JAGHAVE's comment on the Wahabi is actually relevant.

Wahhabi
wəˈhbē,wˈhbē/
noun
noun: Wahabi
a member of a strictly orthodox Sunni Muslim sect founded by Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (1703–92). It advocates a return to the early Islam of the Koran and Sunna, rejecting later innovations; the sect is still the predominant religious force in Saudi Arabia.

Their views, to me, don't seem too different from Iranian or ISIS as far as the impostion of Sharia law, the education of these views on their populace, and the persecution of other religions (particularly Christians). They, like so many regimes in the middle east, are essentially Islamic facists. I believe most of the problems in the middle east are NOT caused by islam, rather they are caused by uneducated zeolots eager to advance their own narrow vision of a religion at any cost, no matter the consequence.

I like what the Dutch PM had to say.

Dutch PM Rutte: 'If you don't like it here, then leave'
BBC News-Jan 23, 2017
"Act normal, or go away," he says, in a message seen as taking on the anti-immigration Freedom party currently running high in the opinion ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...45063293,d.cGw
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #54
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
I am bored to tears here at work, January is usually our slowest month.

I'll be here all week! Tip your waitress!

I was wondering!! That guys at work, WTF?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 10:30 AM   #55
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I was wondering!! That guys at work, WTF?
Was here 9 hours yesterday, made 2.8 hours. I guess I am physically present at work, not much else.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135791.50

01-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #56
pz619
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Check out the stats of "productive citizens" from these parts of the world. The vast majority start off on welfare, refuse to assimilate or learn the language, have high illiteracy rates, and zero marketable skills. And their religion keeps women in bondage. No thanks.

Sounds like your family is the exception - glad to hear it. What country are they from?
Korea and technically Germany. Mom was born in Korea during the war. They fled their home and in the mayhem wasn't actually sure when she was born. Also why her birth certificate reads 1/1 birth day at noon. Eventually settled in Seoul, it was originally from what is now known as North Korea.

Dads side of the family fled Korea during the onset of the war and settled in Germany as refugees. Both of them immigrated during the early 70s. Mom got citizenship almost immediately while dad earned it serving in the Navy.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka5856.00

01-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #57
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Quote:
Check out the stats of "productive citizens" from these parts of the world. The vast majority start off on welfare, refuse to assimilate or learn the language, have high illiteracy rates, and zero marketable skills. And their religion keeps women in bondage. No thanks.
There are 4 Migrant centers in the town where I live and can attest to this. The migrants have destroyed the places that they are living in (old American Army Housing areas) the bordering communities have seen crime rates increase 200% and people are scared to go out in the night because of regular events that the local governments cover up as the standard. The police ( I have a few friends in the German Polizei) have their hands tied by the government as well, Arrest, record the name (most of the time more of an alias) and then sent them on their way...

To put it into perspective, 3 years ago only the Police had pepper spray (more like pepper joke) now the stuff is being sold in the grocery stores. Oh, Forgot to mention, if you do actually use pepper spray to defend yourself you can almost expect to be prosecuted for bodily injury if the attacker chooses to push charges against you...
Are you seeing any effect upon tourism in Germany? I would think all of Europe would be way down, but not sure if it's as bad as reported. I was in Germany, Switzerland and France earlier this year, and was astonished at the amount of graffiti absolutely everywhere; in the cities as well as further out in the country. Not sure if that is the Europeans, or outsiders, or both? There was also more trash and lawns not cut, weeds, etc. - signs of neglect you never used to see.

I don't mean to be critical - it was just a surprising change from recent years.
      01-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #58
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:

Sounds like your family is the exception - glad to hear it. What country are they from?
Korea and technically Germany. Mom was born in Korea during the war. They fled their home and in the mayhem wasn't actually sure when she was born. Also why her birth certificate reads 1/1 birth day at noon. Eventually settled in Seoul, it was originally from what is now known as North Korea.

Dads side of the family fled Korea during the onset of the war and settled in Germany as refugees. Both of them immigrated during the early 70s. Mom got citizenship almost immediately while dad earned it serving in the Navy.
That's a success story - appreciate you sharing it.

It's a bit different than some of our recent immigration stories....
MKSixer22684.50

01-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #59
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you seeing any effect upon tourism in Germany? I would think all of Europe would be way down, but not sure if it's as bad as reported. I was in Germany, Switzerland and France earlier this year, and was astonished at the amount of graffiti absolutely everywhere; in the cities as well as further out in the country. Not sure if that is the Europeans, or outsiders, or both? There was also more trash and lawns not cut, weeds, etc. - signs of neglect you never used to see.

I don't mean to be critical - it was just a surprising change from recent years.
With the dollar to Euro I would be surprised if tourism is down, but it's a good question. I was in Germany 3 or 4 years ago and I noticed lots of graffiti then, but I don't know who was doing it or if it was more or less since it was a snap shot in time. Would I be surprised if it has increased, not in the least.

You know that the typical German adult is probably really pissed about that stuff. Their Government is just so cautious with holding vandals and such accountable, blame it on the war IMO. I truly feel bad for our European friends for what they are dealing with.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 11:19 AM   #60
Sam_M
Tea wot?
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post

Are you triggered by me not owning a BMW, my little snowflake?
Appreciate 1
LobB5107.00

01-25-2017, 11:26 AM   #61
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:
Have there been any terrorist attacks in the US since Trump signed the order?

I think we're seeing that his policy in this instance is brilliant and works as advertised.

I thank the people living in rural areas that an Islamic extremist would never attack, or even want to set foot in, for wanting such a measure to pass. You can rest easy now knowing that you won't be blown up while out at the local diner in your area with a population of around 500 people.
I guess the people in Waco, TX don't count.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #62
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
I agree

The biggest problem is the vetting
I may be wrong, but isn't that what the temporary ban is for, to allow us to find a better, more effective vetting process?

I seem to recall that being the reason for the ban when the talk of the ban first came up during the campaign.
MKSixer22684.50
VRG_135791.50

01-25-2017, 01:13 PM   #63
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you triggered by me not owning a BMW, my little snowflake?
Trigger was Roy Roger's horse that was stuffed after the horse died. The horse is sacred ground to us here in the US, be careful Matey

I joined the forum before I had a BMW, I did order one, but speaking for myself, you are fine, thanks for sharing your opinions mate, glade to hear them.
Appreciate 1
Sam_M208.00

01-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #64
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i

Quote:

Yes, even the Germans are scared to go to the traditional fests..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #65
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

What I love about all this "Muslim Ban", put in quotes because that's the leftist term for what is really a suspension of US visas for people from certain countries and not a ban on a religion in general, bullshit is that none of these idiots know their history.

Jimmy Carter did the same shit back in 1980. Now some leftist interpreters try to paint what he did as being COMPLETELY different from what Trump is doing here, but their arguments can't hold water. They point out stupid crap like "he was acting against a state, not a religion". At the time, the theocracy (READ Islam) that ran Iran agreed with the actions taken by the kidnappers. So Carter took action against the country of Iran (READ enemies of the state) by implementing a ban on the admittance of individuals from that country unless it was for a good reason or in our national interest, call backs of existing visas for background checks, deporting those who needed to be deported, followed by sanctions (the very ones Obama got rid of in the nuclear deal). Many of them self-deported.

Well, Trump is doing the same to achieve a similar goal. He's restricting issued visas for people from countries where many of these ISIS assholes originate from. The tool he's using is the exact same one Carter used, but this time, the target isn't a specific country where the enemy is singularly located. We live in a different time now and this is the only tool he can use to shore up one end of a larger problem: Radical Islamic Terrorism. No one person, not even Trump, believes this is a cure-all. It's a step. Plus, it's TEMPORARY until we establish a protocol to do exactly what Carter made exceptions for the implementation of his executive order.

Think it's not a problem? Think it's not a threat? Tell that to the Americans who lost their loved ones last year in attacks by radical Muslims both here and abroad. Over half the attacks in the last year on American soil were executed by refugees given either permanent status or citizenship.

I, for one, support the fuck out of this action. I don't want this country flooded with the same ilk that's invaded Europe and caused so many problems. I want to live in a country that's smarter than that. There's not a single libtard that wants to acknowledge DT bitch slapping the room full of Republicans after the terrorist attack on the gay night club in Orlando stating how they were OUR fucking people, we need to protect them, and then re-emphasizing it after a the crowd immediately quieted. Yeah, he sure has a problem with gay people...
Appreciate 5
MKSixer22684.50
LobB5107.00
bbbbmw2387.00
sirdaft11995.50

01-25-2017, 01:39 PM   #66
Sam_M
Tea wot?
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 135i 6MT

Quote:
Trigger was Roy Roger's horse that was stuffed after the horse died. The horse is sacred ground to us here in the US, be careful Matey
Hehe fair enough!

Quote:
I joined the forum before I had a BMW, I did order one, but speaking for myself, you are fine, thanks for sharing your opinions mate, glade to hear them.
Good stuff.

I have some test drives booked, not long now.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22684.50