BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Is Benjamin Netanyahu a psychopath?

07-15-2015, 07:02 AM   #155
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS135i View Post
Ok most of you have heard the news by now,
six nations including the US have finally brokered a deal with Iran over their uranium enrichment program.
Our friend Benjamin didn't like the outcome, surprise surprise...
He is still flogging a dead horse while the rest of the world is trying to peacefully move forward .
Can you name some Gulf States that have come out in favor of the deal?
WSJ is reporting today the Gulf States feel "thrown under the bus" by the negotiations.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #156
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Ok most of you have heard the news by now,
six nations including the US have finally brokered a deal with Iran over their uranium enrichment program.
Our friend Benjamin didn't like the outcome, surprise surprise...
He is still flogging a dead horse while the rest of the world is trying to peacefully move forward .
I was against Netenyahu before this deal was announced. But seeing the deal now, he obviously wasn't lying. Iran got all their money back and at very best we get a 15 year delay. This deal is horrible.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #157
TS135i
piggy in the mirror
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 135i

Doesn't the IAEA now have 24/7 access to their operations? and besides why would Iran want to make WMD's when they can simply buy them from their Russian friends packed and ready to go
      07-15-2015, 05:44 PM   #158
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Doesn't the IAEA now have 24/7 access to their operations? and besides why would Iran want to make WMD's when they can simply buy them from their Russian friends packed and ready to go
They need to give Iran 24 day notice before inspecting. Because 24 or 48 hours wasn't enough? What was the point of this deal?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #159
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
They need to give Iran 24 day notice before inspecting. Because 24 or 48 hours wasn't enough? What was the point of this deal?
I'm hopeing they did the deal to allow the U.S. to develop and stockpile arms for a future assault in Iran if need be.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 06:58 PM   #160
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Wouldn't being a psychopath entail Isreal bombing Iran? So far its just been words, like any politician for domestic consumption.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #161
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Funny but sad at the same time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=153&v=MUJ-1Ih0wXc
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 11:18 PM   #162
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
I was watching the news and saw he recently declared in the US that Iran and ISIS are one and the same because they both use the title Islamic...This man is a nut case, luckily in Australia we have laws that prohibit people from defaming religion in that manor, I was shocked he was able to get away with such a speech.

I believe Iran is helping the US and other nations to eliminate ISIS.
To answer the thread title's question...No, I don't think Bibi is a psychopath. I certainly don't think the utterances you attribute to him come close even to meeting the definition of the term.
Psychopathy: a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior.
Okay, sure, I can get with the guy being thought of as "bold," but I think being bold would make a hell of a lot of folks psychopathic if that's all it takes. In fact, I rather prefer bold personalities and idea to timid ones.

Bold Text:
I have to say, I grew up in a country that instilled in me the idea that however odious be other's comments, so long as they aren't threats, clear misrepresentations of fact, and/or "tricks" (e.g., yelling "fire" in a theater when there is no fire), individuals and groups need to be accorded the freedom to express their ideas and views. Thus, for me, it'd be more shocking and disconcerting if Bibi didn't get away with expressing his views re: ISIS and Iran.

The man is a politician, a leader. It's part of his job to make impassioned pleas advocating specific positions. The man's doing what he's being paid to do. Knowing what people having jobs like his are in part supposed to do, I think anyone listening to him must have enough circumspective acumen to distinguish what among Bibi's comments are propaganda, stumping, ostensible points of view, facts, premises, conclusions, etc., and one must be able to do so contextually. I don't know if I agree with Bibi's views re: Iran and ISIS, but I do know that the vast majority of what he's likely to say, will say, and has said is stuff that, in order to know whether I agree with him, I'd have to investigate the matter beyond just hearing his pronouncement(s).

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2015, 04:28 AM   #163
TS135i
piggy in the mirror
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 135i

Netanyahu has gone to meet with Putin in Russia, this is a game changer for the region.
Russia now has a "military base" is striking distance to Israel.
Appreciate 0