BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Some people just "get it", this is one great cop!

07-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Some people just "get it", this is one great cop!

I read about this department, and their chief of police a few days ago. This guy is awesome! Community policing works. I don't believe cops wake up in the morning and think "hmm, who can I kill today" - that's not how it works. However, veteran cops like this chief know how to diffuse and control situations and not let things escalate to the point where a march is needed.
Since this guy took over: 0 cops have been killed in his department, and 0 people have been killed by police - coincidence? I don't think so. This guy is a true leader, and should be held up as an example of the kind of cops we need and deserve.
Cops have a tough, stressful, and generally crappy job. Why? Because who calls them to say "hi"? No, you call them when there's a problem. They don't get to see positives in society most of the time. They are less respected than ever, which is not simply a reflection of a lack of respect for police, but rather an epidemic of lack of respect throughout society. When's the last time someone said "thank you" when you held the door for them? Simple things like that are not taught anymore, and that is a more systemic problem than racial bias.
That said, bad cops should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. They should be held to a higher standard, because all the negatives of the job I posted above are what they signed up to do. No other job excuses illegal behavior because your job is stressful, that's not an excuse.
Yes, cops definitely need the support of the community, but that is much easier when you're KNOWN in the community.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/richmond-...93.html?ref=gs

Thoughts?
Appreciate 1