BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Hillary or Bernie?

05-31-2016, 08:28 AM   #463
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cays
When Hillary Clinton's son-in-law sought funding for his new hedge fund in 2011, he found financial backing from one of the biggest names on Wall Street: Goldman Sachs chief executive Lloyd Blankfein.

The fund, called Eaglevale Partners, was founded by Chelsea Clinton’s husband, Marc Mezvinsky, and two of his partners. Blankfein not only personally invested in the fund, but allowed his association with it to be used in the fund’s marketing.

The investment did not turn out to be a savvy business decision. Earlier this month, Mezvinsky was forced to shutter one of the investment vehicles he launched under Eaglevale, called Eaglevale Hellenic Opportunity, after losing 90 percent of its money betting on the Greek recovery. The flagship Eaglevale fund has also lost money, according to the New York Times.

There has been minimal reporting on the Blankfein investment in Eaglevale Partners, which is a private fund that faces few disclosure requirements.
I'm sure the Goldman Sachs crowd is gleeful over the thought of another Clinton in the White House - they made billions on the last one:

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2010-01-27.html
      05-31-2016, 08:41 AM   #464
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Puerto Ricans will vote in the Democrat primary this coming Sunday, even though they don't vote in the general election. It's worth remembering Bill/Hillary's involvement in pardoning the FALN terrorists as Bill Clinton left office, attempting to buy votes for Hillary's seat in Congress:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB120277819085260827

The terrorists didn't ask for the pardons, the FBI said it encouraged future terrorism, and Congress condemned and investigated it. But that never stops a Clinton...
      05-31-2016, 09:45 AM   #465
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
But like violent, boisterous, liberal protest rallis vs calm, articulate, friendly tea party rallies, the liberals here seem to always be the loud ones, ant the conservatives the mature ones.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 09:47 AM   #466
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Proving my point again. Compare tea party rallies to antitrump demonsteations, black lives matter, riots in Baltimore, etc and it's pretty obvious. Do give me an example within the past few decades of when a mob of conservatives burned down their neighborhood, looted, started fights at a liberal's campaign rally, or where at every speech stood up to disrupt the liberal speaker. Because these events are perpetrated daily by liberals on conservatives.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2016, 10:02 AM   #467
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Proving my point again. Compare tea party rallies to antitrump demonsteations, black lives matter, riots in Baltimore, etc and it's pretty obvious. Do give me an example within the past few decades of when a mob of conservatives burned down their neighborhood, looted, started fights at a liberal's campaign rally, or where at every speech stood up to disrupt the liberal speaker. Because these events are perpetrated daily by liberals on conservatives.
I was going to say Westboro Baptist Church but Fred Phelps is also a registered Democrat. Soooooo I got nothin.

You do have KKK rallies and what not but those tend to be peaceful these days.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2016, 10:16 AM   #468
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
News flash: not everything is as partisan as you make it out to be in your head.

Remember when the Tea Party protests turned ugly about the Affordable Care Act? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpo...turned-to-rage

Or immigration reform?
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...in-the-streets

It's doesn't take long to find examples.

Let's not even start with how protesters are handled at Trump rallies.
http://www.salon.com/2016/03/15/the_...care_meetings/

Interesting, it's like both sides, which to you seem think exist as two absolute entities that're in no way compatible, have the same nonsense going on. Somehow, though, the conservative side is apparently beyond reproach, where as those lowly liberals exist purely to spoil the conservative's fun, like a movie villain. That's politics.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 02:30 PM   #469
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

The first and third articles are about town hall meetings where the liberal congressmen had to address their constituents. They were angry and justifiably so about obama care. They weren't speeches given to voters of their party. The middle one was liberals who were hired bought, paid for, and bussed in to start trouble with a tea party protest to make the tea party look bad. Just like now they are doing with trump and his rallies with paid black lives matter protestors.

So yes, do conservatives yell at town hall meetings at their congressman when they are mad? Sure. They're supposed to. Do tea party members at a peaceful rally defend themselves when people are paid and bussed in to start trouble? Sure. But do conservatives infiltrate every Bernie or hillary rally and start trouble? No. I find it hilarious liberal Bernie supporters doing this to hillary. Do conservatives riot and destroy whole towns ? No. Sorry you're warped.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2016, 02:53 PM   #470
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
The first and third articles are about town hall meetings where the liberal congressmen had to address their constituents. They were angry and justifiably so about obama care. They weren't speeches given to voters of their party. The middle one was liberals who were hired bought, paid for, and bussed in to start trouble with a tea party protest to make the tea party look bad. Just like now they are doing with trump and his rallies with paid black lives matter protestors.

So yes, do conservatives yell at town hall meetings at their congressman when they are mad? Sure. They're supposed to. Do tea party members at a peaceful rally defend themselves when people are paid and bussed in to start trouble? Sure. But do conservatives infiltrate every Bernie or hillary rally and start trouble? No. I find it hilarious liberal Bernie supporters doing this to hillary. Do conservatives riot and destroy whole towns ? No. Sorry you're warped.
Thanks for proving my point on this imaginary liberal/conservative duality you're pushing. Politics isn't something that you can boil down into its base elements; you start peeling back the onion that are these events and it's much more than these flawed shortcuts of labels you disjointedly spew on this forum. Did you ever stop to think why are those people rioting? Why somebody would protest at a speech? That's the politics of it, and dismissing it as "dem liberals doin' it again, we cons are superior", as is the impression I get 90% of your political posts are, isn't productive.

But, on the other hand, keep doing your thing, you're like a budget Ann Coulter.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 03:07 PM   #471
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Because they were taught being disruptive, disrespectful, that the end justifies the means, and that it was ok by their hippie parents vs. To be respectful even when disagreeing and that doing things the right way us as important as getting the result you want. Liberals actually have a Cadre of professional protestors that just protest anything they can. A good example of ridiculous protesting from the left is penguins. A zoo had a number of endangered penguins but only males. They wanted to make more penguins to help sustain the breed. The male penguins without females available had resorted to homosexual practices. The protestors protested the zoo saying they were trying to change the sexual preferences of the penguins and if the penguins wanted to be gay they should be allowed to be without zoo interference. Sorry, liberals are nut jobs when it comes to protesting. Coservatives are not. They take more the Gandhi approach.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 04:22 PM   #472
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Because they were taught being disruptive, disrespectful, that the end justifies the means, and that it was ok by their hippie parents vs. To be respectful even when disagreeing and that doing things the right way us as important as getting the result you want. Liberals actually have a Cadre of professional protestors that just protest anything they can. A good example of ridiculous protesting from the left is penguins. A zoo had a number of endangered penguins but only males. They wanted to make more penguins to help sustain the breed. The male penguins without females available had resorted to homosexual practices. The protestors protested the zoo saying they were trying to change the sexual preferences of the penguins and if the penguins wanted to be gay they should be allowed to be without zoo interference. Sorry, liberals are nut jobs when it comes to protesting. Coservatives are not. They take more the Gandhi approach.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 04:51 PM   #473
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy
Quote:
What's with you and the stupid memes and laughing faces? Do you have anything to contribute here?
      05-31-2016, 04:58 PM   #474
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There's been a few minorities at Trump rallies who've been accosted or hit. Some of these were provoked attacks, some were not. There's stories of minority women going to these rallies to see what all the fuss is about who were driven away by threats and comments by rally members. Also threats to Muslims just because they're Muslim. In fact anytime you hear of a mosque being built, you can see how Gandhi like some folks can be. Obviously not every Republican grabs their gun and threatens Muslims with violence, but everyone has people who take it too far.

If you think that 100% of those instances of violence at Trump rallies were provoked, you're mistaken.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 05:03 PM   #475
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
What's with you and the stupid memes and laughing faces? Do you have anything to contribute here?
What fundy said was so insanely stupid, that I won't bother replying. Same with your birther arguments. Your ideas are so baseless, I will only reply to you guys with emoticons.

edit: Plus, it's not like you guys care about opposing view points anyhow. Emoticons are plenty.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 05:27 PM   #476
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy
Quote:
What fundy said was so insanely stupid, that I won't bother replying. Same with your birther arguments. Your ideas are so baseless, I will only reply to you guys with emoticons.

edit: Plus, it's not like you guys care about opposing view points anyhow. Emoticons are plenty.
Apparently you still didn't comprehend my post where, when asked, I said "I think he was probably born in Hawaii," as you are still calling me a "birther."

Someone on this site is looking insanely stupid... But feel free to continue with cartoons and categorizations.
      05-31-2016, 05:40 PM   #477
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Apparently you still didn't comprehend my post where, when asked, I said "I think he was probably born in Hawaii," as you are still calling me a "birther."

Someone on this site is looking insanely stupid... But feel free to continue with cartoons and categorizations.
It was you questioning where he came from. Let's go to the magic wayback machine and find what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw
Something else odd - Why would his birth record, in 1961, list his mothers race as "Caucasian" and his fathers as "African," and not "negro" - when Negro was the commonly used term at the time? Has "African" ever been considered a race by birth statisticians?
So you think he was born in HI, but you still question his birth certificate. Yeah, because you're a freakin' birther.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 05:42 PM   #478
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:

Oh you mean the one cartoon I posted in the political cartoon thread? Come on birther, you can do better than that.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #479
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post

Don't you have anything better to do? Something like go to a gathering of local, peaceful Republicans who, presumably, are engaging in rebuilding the community, promoting world peace, and curing cancer, and disrupt them and destroy their stuff?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 06:34 PM   #480
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

I really don't care where he was born. I'm still astounded that he got reelected after proving his first term he's the worst American president since the 1800s. Guess we're glutons for punishment. Hence the Bernie supporters.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #481
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

I would love if the republicans would actually give what they got. Go to hillary rallies and cause a riot itr wait til she's speaking and shout Trump Trump Trump. To bad conservatives have class.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 07:06 PM   #482
Beartato
Major
Rep

I'm pretty sure fundguy is just trolling at this point, nobody could be this oblivious
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 07:43 PM   #483
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
I'm pretty sure fundguy is just trolling at this point, nobody could be this oblivious
Um no. I'm actually frustrated at how obvious liberals are to the one sided bs their side pulls and won't admit it. I'm tired of Republicans taking the high road and being afraid of the press that vilifies them and lauds the bad behavior of the left as heroic and justified. Every time anone hits a cop, riots, loots, blocks a road, etc, they should be hauled off, charged, convicted, sentenced, but they aren't. Hundreds did this on video destroying the lives of local shop keepers and yet zero prosecutions. It's abhorrent.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 07:48 PM   #484
Beartato
Major
Rep

...and it's all those damn liberals fault, eh?
Appreciate 0