BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Trump to ban migrants from 6 Muslim countries

01-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #155
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Wrong. Trump is giving ISIS the enemy they want. Even top republicans are saying this will hurt us.

You're just another trump apologist.
God you are clueless. ISIS wants to infiltrate the West. They want open borders and a piss poor vetting process. Right now there is virtually no vetting for Syrians and one for Iraqis is not much better. So we are basically running on the honor system.
Appreciate 4
M4_GTS977.00
bbbbmw2387.00
SakhirM410221.50
NickyC6295.00

01-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #156
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex340 View Post
I for one would feel MUCH safer today knowing that Trump is acting. Retard. In no idea he ever has does he consider all the consequences, he just thinks of one simple consequence and then moves on to his next great "idea".
Then you should be glad that he is not your president.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw2387.00

01-29-2017, 02:38 PM   #157
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what "vetting" of migrants and refugees will look like, especially to identify if they are a terrorist risk.

"Are you, or have you ever been, a terrorist?"
"No"

"Are you sure?"
"Yes"

"Are you sure you're sure?"
"Yes"

Ok, come on through, vetting complete. What exactly will be looked for? Terrorist stamps on passports, or maybe a tattoo of Osama Bin Laden on their foreheads? Or maybe they'll just break down and confess when border control officers stare at them sternly.

What I do know is that banning people from legally returning to the country to see their loved ones will incite frustration, anger and hate in the people already here in the US. The protests have already started. I wonder what those that think protesting is a waste of time might be doing right now?!

I for one would feel MUCH safer today knowing that Trump is acting. Retard. In no idea he ever has does he consider all the consequences, he just thinks of one simple consequence and then moves on to his next great "idea".
Right and during WWII the U.K. freely allowed Germans in right. "Come on in lads we don't want to appear intolerant. We have no idea how deeply embedded you are in the SS but we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so come on in. Help yourself to some free shit while you are at it; tax payers will cover the bill."
Man get the fuck out of here. If I have no way of identifying if you are a potential terrorist and you are form a country that is a hot bed for terrorist recruitment, then why the fuck would I want to take my chances.
Appreciate 4
M4_GTS977.00
bbbbmw2387.00
SakhirM410221.50
scostu1227.50

01-29-2017, 02:38 PM   #158
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
This will make utterly no difference in Islamic recruitment. If I'm tempted to join something like that, a foreign governments immigration and visa policy isn't going to push me over...
Wrong. Trump is giving ISIS the enemy they want. Even top republicans are saying this will hurt us.

So in summary, people will join ISIS because Trump refuses to let them in the country. If we let them in the US, they won't join ISIS.

Am I the only one who thinks maybe those kind of people should be kept out altogether?

And as we saw last fall, you're just another troll.
SakhirM410221.50
Delta03117395.00
scostu1227.50
sirdaft11995.50

01-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #159
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
God you are clueless. ISIS wants to infiltrate the West. They want open borders and a piss poor vetting process. Right now there is virtually no vetting for Syrians and one for Iraqis is not much better. So we are basically running on the honor system.
If you haven't noticed, they don't need open borders to hurt us. Online recruiting makes it easier than ever to radicalize all walks of life. This executive order is much more about islamophobia than it is about protection. An army translator, people fleeing war and persecution, etc were detained for no legitimate reason.

Trump was quoted as saying Christians from these countries will of course be treated differently. That in itself is disgusting and xenophobic. And I'm not one of these liberal snowflakes, voted republican all my life. But I'm also not racist and ignorant. You can't write off an entire religion based on a small subset. If that were the case, every religion should be banned

2016 535d M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha
Past: '14 328, '08 335, '04 525, '91 M5, '95 525
Appreciate 1
geek50.50

01-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #160
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So in summary, people will join ISIS because Trump refuses to let them in the country. If we let them in the US, they won't join ISIS.

Am I the only one who thinks maybe those kind of people should be kept out altogether?

And as we saw last fall, you're just another troll.
I wonder how old Justinum is. The shit he posts makes it look like he fucking lives in a bubble.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #161
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwjunkiee View Post
If you haven't noticed, they don't need open borders to hurt us. Online recruiting makes it easier than ever to radicalize all walks of life. This executive order is much more about islamophobia than it is about protection. An army translator, people fleeing war and persecution, etc were detained for no legitimate reason.

Trump was quoted as saying Christians from these countries will of course be treated differently. That in itself is disgusting and xenophobic. And I'm not one of these liberal snowflakes, voted republican all my life. But I'm also not racist and ignorant. You can't write off an entire religion based on a small subset. If that were the case, every religion should be banned
Christians are not strapping up with ISIS Muslims are. So he has a valid point.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #162
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
This will make utterly no difference in Islamic recruitment. If I'm tempted to join something like that, a foreign governments immigration and visa policy isn't going to push me over...
What it will do though is push moderates against the US.

There will likely be even less condemnation from moderates against radicals.

Fort Lauderdale airport shooting (January 2017): A US citizen

Orlando nightclub shooting (June 2016): A US citizen with Afghan parents

San Bernardino shooting (December 2015): A US citizen with Pakistani parents, and a Pakistani citizen

Chattanooga shootings (July 2015): A Kuwait-born US citizen

Charleston church shooting (June 2015): A US citizen

Boston marathon bombing (April 2013): Two Russian citizens with Chechen ethnicity

The 9/11 lot where from Saudi, UAE, Egypt and Lebanon.

Non of these countries are on this 90 day list.

This is manner from heaven for radical preachers, it gives them a huge amount of real and visible information to use against the US.

If anything it gives every radical from those countries not banned and that actually have a high level of terrorists to look at getting people in.

Bound to be plenty jobs going with dual nationality Iranians being banned from entry..

Again, I have no problems banning people, just ban to right countries for the right reasons.

Those missed of the list is rather crazy.

The message it sends to world is that of utter incompetence, the Russians and Chinese must be laughing their socks off.
Appreciate 2
geek50.50

01-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #163
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwjunkiee View Post
Quote:

Ask Bill Mather if it's a small subset. Read the Pew research - it's not a small subset.
      01-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #164
Goneinsixtyseconds
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Right and during WWII the U.K. freely allowed Germans in right. "Come on in lads we don't want to appear intolerant. We have no idea how deeply embedded you are in the SS but we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so come on in. Help yourself to some fre shit while you are at it; tax payers will cover the bill.
Man get the fuck out of here. You
You do realise that there are millions of muslims living peacefully in the US already that aren't going anywhere?

How vulnerable to radicalisation do you think these previously perfectly peaceful residents will become if you carry on in this direction? Going from valued citizens to card carrying suspects overnight is not going to end well for America.

Best way, set up extermination camps, get rid of them all quickly before anything happens. Our world seems to heading for destruction and we're speeding it on its way.

Someone else quoted this on another post and even if not wholly attributable to the Dalai Lama it is impossible to argue with its logic. Although I know from experience someone on here will.

"Dalai Lama has been saying that for years. Paraphrased;

- Religious identity served us well for centuries in our tribal stage of development
- It no longer serves us, we are one and must see through those superficial differences
- Doing so is our only hope. The world's technologies and weapons are too advanced for it to be otherwise
- We will come together or we will perish

I love that he backs that up with being a non-evangelical. Are you a Western Christian looking to become a Buddhist? Ok, happy to have you but... have you thought about being a better Christ-like Christian first? The label you apply to your practice means nothing next to how good a human being you are.

He is right, but we are so not on the right path."
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #165
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Quote:
What it will do though is push moderates against the US.

There will likely be even less condemnation from moderates against radicals.

Fort Lauderdale airport shooting (January 2017): A US citizen

Orlando nightclub shooting (June 2016): A US citizen with Afghan parents

San Bernardino shooting (December 2015): A US citizen with Pakistani parents, and a Pakistani citizen

Chattanooga shootings (July 2015): A Kuwait-born US citizen

Charleston church shooting (June 2015): A US citizen

Boston marathon bombing (April 2013): Two Russian citizens with Chechen ethnicity

The 9/11 lot where from Saudi, UAE, Egypt and Lebanon.

Non of these countries are on this 90 day list.

This is manner from heaven for radical preachers, it gives them a huge amount of real and visible information to use against the US.

If anything it gives every radical from those countries not band and that actually have a high level of terrorists to look at getting people in.

Bound to be plenty jobs going with dual nationality Iranians being banned from entry..

Again, I have no problems banning people, just ban to right countries for the right reasons.

Those missed of the list is rather crazy.

The message it sends to world is that of utter incompetence, the Russians and Chinese must be laughing their socks off.
You forgot the two Somali refugee attacks last Sept.

Again - it looks like the country list includes those with no infrastructure for background checks.

Your list is further proof that we have an immigration problem. The vast majority of US citizens aren't against immigration, but not at the expense of our security.

Edit: there's virtually no condemnation of radical muslims from the moderate Muslim leaders.
      01-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #166
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Right and during WWII the U.K. freely allowed Germans in right. "Come on in lads we don't want to appear intolerant. We have no idea how deeply embedded you are in the SS but we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so come on in. Help yourself to some fre shit while you are at it; tax payers will cover the bill.
Man get the fuck out of here. You
You do realise that there are millions of muslims living peacefully in the US already that aren't going anywhere?

How vulnerable to radicalisation do you think these previously perfectly peaceful residents will become if you carry on in this direction? Going from valued citizens to card carrying suspects overnight is not going to end well for America.

Best way, set up extermination camps, get rid of quick before anything happens. Our world seems to heading for destruction and we're speeding it on its way.

Someone else quoted this on another post and even if not wholly attributable to the Dalai Lama it is impossible to argue with its logic. Although I know from experience someone on here will.

"Dalai Lama has been saying that for years. Paraphrased;

- Religious identity served us well for centuries in our tribal stage of development
- It no longer serves us, we are one and must see through those superficial differences
- Doing so is our only hope. The world's technologies and weapons are too advanced for it to be otherwise

I love that he backs that up with being a non-evangelical. Are you a Western Christian looking to become a Buddhist? Ok, happy to have you but... have you thought about being a better Christ-like Christian first? The label you apply to your practice means nothing next to how good a human being you are.

He is right, but we are so not on the right path."
Where is the Dalai Lama from? And what makes him an expert?

US muslims likely realize that this is about security, and nothing else. That is, if they have assimilated into our culture. If they haven't, they probably won't get it.

Being a Christ-like Christian doesn't mean being an idiot, nor a doormat.
      01-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #167
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Appreciate 1
M4_GTS977.00

01-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #168
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Right and during WWII the U.K. freely allowed Germans in right. "Come on in lads we don't want to appear intolerant. We have no idea how deeply embedded you are in the SS but we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so come on in. Help yourself to some free shit while you are at it; tax payers will cover the bill."
Man get the fuck out of here. If I have no way of identifying if you are a potential terrorist and you are form a country that is a hot bed for terrorist recruitment, then why the fuck would I want to take my chances.
Yes ban them, put in more stringent checks etc, however at least include countries that are very active and have highest place of origin for terrorists.

This is like some clown with no idea of geography picked some bad Muslim countries.

How places like Algeria, Saudi, Morocco, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Lebanon (Palestinians often travel using Lebanese passports) are not on the list shows how incompetent this has been handled.

So yes ban people but do it properly not like some brainless fuckwit.
Appreciate 1
c63er854.00

01-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #169
Goneinsixtyseconds
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

US muslims likely realize that this is about security, and nothing else. That is, if they have assimilated into our culture. If they haven't, they probably won't get it.

And somehow I knew that person would be you. Forget the Dalai Lama and where he is from, which part of the above four points and the overall message are you arguing against?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #170
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

And somehow I knew that person would be you. Forget the Dalai Lama and where he is from, which part of the above four points and the overall message are you arguing against?
Don't lump "religious identities" together. They are very different, and lead to very different results.

Religious identities continue to serve us very well.

People are warlike. Always have been. This is not likely to change.

Religion isn't the problem. People are the problem.

01-29-2017, 03:09 PM   #171
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Quote:
Yes ban them, put in more stringent checks etc, however at least include countries that are very active and have highest place of origin for terrorists.

This is like some clown with no idea of geography picked some bad Muslim countries.

How places like Algeria, Saudi, Morocco, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Lebanon (Palestinians often travel using Lebanese passports) are not on the list shows how incompetent this has been handled.

So yes ban people but do it properly not like some brainless fuckwit.
A brainless fuckwit wouldn't ban anyone.
      01-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #172
Goneinsixtyseconds
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Don't lump "religious identities" together. They are very different, and lead to very different results.

Only an idiot would think favouring one religion over another was going to make our world a safer place in the future.

Let me think, shall I be inspired by the words of people like the Dalai Lama, or Nelson Mandela, or your delightful and balanced arguments.
Appreciate 1
Lups11061.00

01-29-2017, 03:14 PM   #173
Goneinsixtyseconds
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

And, where in his quote did he lump them together? He said all religions had an identity, not the same one. He was just saying that they are all irrelevant going forwards and in fact if we all stick by our own we will all perish eventually.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #174
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Are you smoking stuff again?

Would you mind explaining to the Sunni's and Shia that they are one and the same?

Then can you do the same across in India and Pakistan with the Hindu/ Sihks against Muslim.

Oh and of course we have Protestants against Catholics.

Religion is the sum of all (pretty much all) world strife and wars both historical and modern.

Even within the Christian faith it's totally fucked up.

Just look at these fuckwit born again Christians and abortion etc.

Yep just ban all religions and shoot all radicals no matter the faith.

Sorted.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #175
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:

Yeah, if only they didn't want to kill all the infidels, enslave women, and roll history back to the 7th century BEFORE Trump's immigration orders.

Grow up and think for yourself man.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 03:20 PM   #176
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
A brainless fuckwit wouldn't ban anyone.
True, let's just settle on fuckwit then.

Let's face it, one or the other applies.
Appreciate 0