BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Munster (Germany) Terror Attack !

04-07-2018, 04:40 PM   #45
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Actually the current investigation is inconclusive. Whether Jens is an Islamic extremist or agnostically mentally ill, it doesn't matter. The current crop of incidents of this type seem to lean in one direction and to ignore that is foolish in the extreme.
We'll see who's the fool here...
I'm sure the investigation will become conclusive at some point.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #46
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
With all respect we is the USA have WAY more immigrants then Belgium has so even if I never left my area I see more people from different parts of the world then you might. In my humble experience the racist people are always the people who aren't meeting the real minorities only reading about it or are in such a big majority they can pick and bully them. That's why I spend many weekends donating a lot of time and money too working with very poor people who have no defense. If it makes you feel better about yourself you can pick on those poor people and also call me a libtard. I've been called that five times here now so that is how rude people can act on here
I will not call you anything.
Yes, the US has way more immigrants than Belgium, of course, it is 80 times bigger than Belgium.. If you do the statistics, I would think that belgium has a higher percentage of imigrants though.
There is a huge difference between the US and Europe though, the police. US police will set you face down in a heart beat if you get out of line. In Germany, the police are told to stand down by the government. Migrants here have more rights than the natural citizens.

As an example, an unwritten rule directed by the German government,
I'm my town the German citizen with more than .5 grams of hash is guilty of the equivalent of a felony level crime. They have allowed the immigrant population 500 grams of hash before they are allowed to take action.
I know these things from a very close friend I have working in the German police force.
Appreciate 3
      04-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #47
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
We'll see who's the fool here...
I'm sure the investigation will become conclusive at some point.
You are not familiar with the government controlled media and police of Germany..
Appreciate 4
Dackelone9437.00
SCOTT264450.00
MKSixer22905.50

04-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #48
Mr Carrots
Major
Rep
Drives: Blown 5.0 and an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Being a gun owner in Germany I can tell you Jens most likely did not own a gun or have access to one.
Jens shot himself in the head? This is just like that mentally ill Polish truck driver who killed himself before taking out that Berlin xmas market

People jumped to islamophobic conclusions back then too
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #49
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
So are guns. And you're in the politics section so it's neither stupid nor unrelated. But you keep doing you with that, "reasoning".
I think we need more vans and people driving them like teachers so they can head off the bad guys in the vans that are trying to run down innocent people. More vans please. A good guy in a van can stop a bad guy in a van.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2018, 04:55 PM   #50
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Jens shot himself in the head? This is just like that mentally ill Polish truck driver who killed himself before taking out that Berlin xmas market

People jumped to islamophobic conclusions back then too
We will never know, Jens prolly shot himself in the back of his head..
Appreciate 1
FCobra942523.50

04-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #51
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
With all respect we is the USA have WAY more immigrants then Belgium has so even if I never left my area I see more people from different parts of the world then you might. In my humble experience the racist people are always the people who aren't meeting the real minorities only reading about it or are in such a big majority they can pick and bully them. That's why I spend many weekends donating a lot of time and money too working with very poor people who have no defense. If it makes you feel better about yourself you can pick on those poor people and also call me a libtard. I've been called that five times here now so that is how rude people can act on here
I will not call you anything.
Yes, the US has way more immigrants than Belgium, of course, it is 80 times bigger than Belgium.. If you do the statistics, I would think that belgium has a higher percentage of imigrants though.
There is a huge difference between the US and Europe though, the police. US police will set you face down in a heart beat if you get out of line. In Germany, the police are told to stand down by the government. Migrants here have more rights than the natural citizens.

As an example, an unwritten rule directed by the German government,
I'm my town the German citizen with more than .5 grams of hash is guilty of the equivalent of a felony level crime. They have allowed the immigrant population 500 grams of hash before they are allowed to take action.
I know these things from a very close friend I have working in the German police force.
You want me to believe the German police are not following the law?? I visit Germany enough to know that is not possible unless the law says non citizen is allowed to have different laws. My uncle is also very racist against a different type of people here and he tells me all sorts of crazy stories about them but it's always so crazy and false so we ignore him
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #52
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You want me to believe the German police are not following the law?? I visit Germany enough to know that is not possible unless the law says non citizen is allowed to have different laws. My uncle is also very racist against a different type of people here and he tells me all sorts of crazy stories about them but it's always so crazy and false so we ignore him
I wouldn't ignore it anymore after what I have heard and seen.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #53
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't ignore it anymore after what I have heard and seen.
He is racist against different people not muslims. We all ignore him because it's all lies and crazy talk I won't even repeat it here that is just what racist people do make up lies such as saying German police don't follow the law yea right haha
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #54
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Merkel?
Duh. Thanks. Corrected.
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 07:49 PM   #55
tracer bullet
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
So are guns. And you're in the politics section so it's neither stupid nor unrelated. But you keep doing you with that, "reasoning".
Guns were invented to kill shit. Cars were invented to get around in. Other fun and creative uses have come up for guns and cars as well but that's pretty much what they were both made for. And yeah, your argument and the way you said it is indeed stupid and unrelated, same as if you'd asked why we don't ban knives. There are plenty of reasons to have guns, but your statement popping out early in the thread was indeed stupid and was indeed unrelated. But it was a convenient way to preemptively knock "the other side", so you too keep doing you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Guns are intended for visual accuracy training, helping obtain food with minimum injury, strength training of entire arm, and so on.
Fun new use, sure, definitely agree, and LOL OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Guns are designed to kill stuff, in this case the driver of that van
Agreed on both accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I've been active in firearms for over 30 years, and I've yet to "kill shit" with any of them. I must be doing something wrong.
I'm sure they are loads of fun. Technically speaking I've been involved with them for 30+ years as well. You do what you want, it isn't necessarily wrong. But I'd like more evidence before I stopped thinking that's what they were designed for.

I don't think we should ban guns. I own a gun, some might be surprised to know, and I think it's loads of fun and I don't kill shit with it either. Here I'm mostly against people trolling threads with stupid lines like "ban vans and trucks" as a political jab that wasn't called for in a thread about a sick individual running a bunch of people over.

Funny that the issue with folks is that guns aren't just for killing people, and there's no apparent issue about stupid shitty argumentative political jabs.
Appreciate 1
Zlaatan567.00

04-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #56
FCobra94
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Guns were invented to kill shit. Cars were invented to get around in.
What about knives? Interested in hearing your classification for cutlery in general.
Style 393 - 225/50/17 - 10/20 F/R spacers
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2018, 09:22 PM   #57
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
What about knives? Interested in hearing your classification for cutlery in general.
knives were designed to prepare food.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 09:23 PM   #58
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Quote:
Actually knives were most likely initially designed to kill shit. Just saying

Multi use but hunting was numero uno
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22905.50
FCobra942523.50

04-07-2018, 09:49 PM   #59
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Guns were invented to kill shit. Cars were invented to get around in. Other fun and creative uses have come up for guns and cars as well but that's pretty much what they were both made for. And yeah, your argument and the way you said it is indeed stupid and unrelated, same as if you'd asked why we don't ban knives. There are plenty of reasons to have guns, but your statement popping out early in the thread was indeed stupid and was indeed unrelated. But it was a convenient way to preemptively knock "the other side", so you too keep doing you.

Fun new use, sure, definitely agree, and LOL OK.

Agreed on both accounts.

I'm sure they are loads of fun. Technically speaking I've been involved with them for 30+ years as well. You do what you want, it isn't necessarily wrong. But I'd like more evidence before I stopped thinking that's what they were designed for.

I don't think we should ban guns. I own a gun, some might be surprised to know, and I think it's loads of fun and I don't kill shit with it either. Here I'm mostly against people trolling threads with stupid lines like "ban vans and trucks" as a political jab that wasn't called for in a thread about a sick individual running a bunch of people over.

Funny that the issue with folks is that guns aren't just for killing people, and there's no apparent issue about stupid shitty argumentative political jabs.
You're in the politics thread. Thinking something posted here won't be political is actually the stupidest thing I've ever read.

And yes, I will keep doing me with the amazing lifetime success I've had doing so.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 09:55 PM   #60
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Nope.

"Knives have been used as weapons, tools and eating utensils since prehistoric times. However, it is only in fairly recent times that knives have been designed specifically for table use. Hosts did not provide Cutlery for their guests in the Middle Ages in Europe."

http://www.knifecrimes.org/History-of-the-Knife.html

Perhaps you should expand your source material.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2018, 10:08 PM   #61
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Nope.

"Knives have been used as weapons, tools and eating utensils since prehistoric times. However, it is only in fairly recent times that knives have been designed specifically for table use. Hosts did not provide Cutlery for their guests in the Middle Ages in Europe."

http://www.knifecrimes.org/History-of-the-Knife.html

Perhaps you should expand your source material.
Knives have been eating utensils and have been for some time as you state. The crossbow may have been the weapon of choice along with catapults and chain mail during the middle ages. Those were relegated to warfare. Perhaps you should expand your actual knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #62
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Knives have been eating utensils and have been for some time as you state. The crossbow may have been the weapon of choice along with catapults and chain mail during the middle ages. Those were relegated to warfare. Perhaps you should expand your actual knowledge.
Ding, ding, ding!!

You pivoted from the original topic. You are incorrect about the original purpose of knives. They were not made for preparing food...they were created to HUNT. Which means kill.

More information for you: http://silvercollect.org/flatware-ar...y-of-the-knife

"Who knows whether some of these early knives were put into practical use by their owners when eating. It seems reasonable to suppose that they sometimes were. But there is substantial evidence that the knife was not regarded primarily as an eating utensil until the Middle Ages. It was undoubtedly used to cut meat or other foods, prior to serving them, but they were not part of an individualís eating equipment."

Typical.

Last edited by MKSixer; 04-07-2018 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
FCobra942523.50

04-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #63
FCobra94
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
But there is substantial evidence that the knife was not regarded primarily as an eating utensil until the Middle Ages. It was undoubtedly used to cut meat or other foods, prior to serving them, but they were not part of an individual's eating equipment."

Typical.
Exactly...I think it's great when peeps see no evil in objects they own and/or use on a daily basis, but can freely comment/propose legislation on those which they know nothing about.

When knives are used as weapons, let's take London as an example; since there were over 37k knife offences in London last year and only ~6700 gun offences, shouldn't knife control be their main priority right now? They've already banned handguns, hence the lower respective number of gun related offences, but 37k stabbings in a year!? Is that not cause for concern?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/525126...deaths-latest/

I propose that all knives there be serial numbered and registered moving forward. Only those that pass a criminal background/mental health check should be allowed to own and/or purchase them.

In all seriousness, not sure how THAT many crimes with knives can be allowed and nothing be done about it. It's insane.

Last edited by FCobra94; 04-08-2018 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22905.50

04-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #64
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
They've already banned guns,
Guns are not banned in the UK, they're restricted.

BTW various types of knives are banned in the UK and most (all?) other EU countries. (these knives have the purpose and construction/design to be only used as a weapon and/or inflicting maximum damage on a body without having any other technical purpose)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch

Last edited by GuidoK; 04-08-2018 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #65
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Gusn are not banned in the UK, they're restricted.
Yeah, that was the only thing wrong with the posts above...

Guys, we all fuck up. We prejudge too often and I at least am often a bad tempered poster who uses faul language and weird expressions. When ever I get something wrong, I try to say sorry. Doubling down instead of just saying "I was too hasty. Sorry" might be hard but you guys look like idiots now because you can't do that.

We all know Muslims do crimes but so do Christians. Europe isn't perfect and we do have a ton of stabbings here. We are trying to turn it in to a sport instead of a crime so you all can start practicing too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 2
minn196907.00
Zlaatan567.00

04-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #66
FCobra94
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Guns are not banned in the UK, they're restricted.
You are indeed correct...given that rifles and shotguns only accounted for ~5% of total gun offences in London last year, I was referring to the 1997 Firearms Act which banned handguns, especially since the number of handgun offences made up the majority of those quoted figures above...will clarify my previous post.
Appreciate 0