BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition 100 Mile Bike Ride - Need some equipment recommendations

04-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #23
mc-m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 X3, 2015 Panamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
What 6 day ride did you go on? Judging by date posted, maybe you did Glacier to Yellowstone?
I do a ride called RAW put on by the Cascade Bike club. Someone once called it summer camp for adults lol. No computers and very little cell phone for a week. A great getaway.

A few of us from that ride are going to do a 1-day STP this year (Seattle to Portland, 206 miles).
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 07:53 PM   #24
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-m3 View Post
I do a ride called RAW put on by the Cascade Bike club. Someone once called it summer camp for adults lol. No computers and very little cell phone for a week. A great getaway.

A few of us from that ride are going to do a 1-day STP this year (Seattle to Portland, 206 miles).
Nice! My wife's brother lives near Seattle and she was there during last years STP ride and participated for about 60 miles one day.

We're doing Glacier to Yellowstone in July. ~360 miles, 20,800ft climbing. I'm slightly concerned being from FL. lol
      05-26-2016, 11:51 PM   #25
mc-m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 X3, 2015 Panamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Nice! My wife's brother lives near Seattle and she was there during last years STP ride and participated for about 60 miles one day.

We're doing Glacier to Yellowstone in July. ~360 miles, 20,800ft climbing. I'm slightly concerned being from FL. lol
That will be a great trip. Have you ever been to Glacier? A lot of climbing, with the training you are doing you will be fine. The altitude will be the big difference. The roads were made for cars that couldn't climb steep hills, so that will help.

We expect to see some great pics from your trip.
Appreciate 1