TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwajtrader View Post
I know it’s not the same thing as what you guys are going through, but after driving the car home on Tuesday night I dropped it off Wednesday morning at 8am to have Xpel PPF installed and it was supposed to be ready Thursday, then today, and now because of the rain I have to wait until tomorrow, because “you don’t want to drive through standing water and rain until the film has properly cured”. UGH!!! I want my darn car back!
I can empathize, only a little because you will get it back. I'm starting to think that I'll never drive a M40.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 08:51 AM   #442
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
I can empathize, only a little because you will get it back. I'm starting to think that I'll never drive a M40.
You'll have it before you know it. Wish you had more information on what the problem is.

I still find it so hard to believe that no one can give any sort of defined timeline for when work orders will be satisfied and what those issues actually are. We live in an age where customer satisfaction is a secondary objective.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #443
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
You'll have it before you know it. Wish you had more information on what the problem is.

I still find it so hard to believe that no one can give any sort of defined timeline for when work orders will be satisfied and what those issues actually are. We live in an age where customer satisfaction is a secondary objective.
If it is an objective at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 09:42 AM   #444
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If it is an objective at all.
Indeed.. sometimes I wonder......
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:42 AM   #445
pandzandr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW Z4 M40i

While filling in time in the "Z4 Waiting Room," (ship is now just off Colima MX chugging north to Pt Hueneme) I was idly reviewing the specs on my build in the BMW Garage. I never paid attention before to the STANDARD FEATURES listing .... just wondering where item #1 will be located .... Just hoping it is not a replacement for the RAM which that Caribbean pirate may have yanked out for "someone" else's car ...

40/20/40 Split Rear Seat
Alarm System
Apple CarPlay Compatibility
Auto-dimming mirrors
CarPlay / Android Auto Compat.
Comfort Access keyless entry
Connected Package Pro
ConnectedDrive Services
Convertible Wind Deflector
Daytime driving lights
Decoding for no-dazzle hgh bm
Dual Zone Auto Climate Control
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated front seats
Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi)
Lumbar support
M Sport Brakes with Red C
Mobility Kit
SiriusXM Radio w/ 1 year sub.
Storage package
Tire pressure monitor
Universal garage-door opener
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:47 AM   #446
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandzandr View Post
While filling in time in the "Z4 Waiting Room," (ship is now just off Colima MX chugging north to Pt Hueneme) I was idly reviewing the specs on my build in the BMW Garage. I never paid attention before to the STANDARD FEATURES listing .... just wondering where item #1 will be located .... Just hoping it is not a replacement for the RAM which that Caribbean pirate may have yanked out for "someone" else's car ...

40/20/40 Split Rear Seat
Alarm System
Auto-dimming mirrors
Connected Package Pro
ConnectedDrive Services
Daytime driving lights
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated front seats
Lumbar support
Mobility Kit
Storage package
Tire pressure monitor
I saw that "rear seat" standard feature as well and was REALLY confused about what that is supposed to be about HAHA! Unless.. both seats are considered the "rear" seats? :P
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:48 AM   #447
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:

40/20/40 Split Rear Seat
Alarm System
Auto-dimming mirrors
Connected Package Pro
ConnectedDrive Services
Daytime driving lights
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated front seats
Lumbar support
Mobility Kit
Storage package
Tire pressure monitor
Who...me?!

I noticed that a while back and it seems like a format thing someone was too lazy to correct. Question is, can I demand a price break because they did not supply me a 40/20/40 split rear seat.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:55 AM   #448
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Who...me?!

I noticed that a while back and it seems like a format thing someone was too lazy to correct. Question is, can I demand a price break because they did not supply me a 40/20/40 split rear seat.
HAH!! Try it.. lemme know how that goes before I finalize my sale. :P If nothing else, it's worth cracking the joke.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 11:12 AM   #449
pandzandr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Who...me?!

Uh, could be ...

Agree ... so much for reputed attention to detail, fit and finish This will be my first BMW and it's been quite an educational experience ....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 11:15 AM   #450
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Uh, could be ...

Agree ... so much for reputed attention to detail, fit and finish This will be my first BMW and it's been quite an educational experience ....
Sweet, I would like to say you picked a great one; but I'm still pining away on my Z4.

The F23 M235 I have has been a great car though. That order and transaction went through flawlessly. I guess 1 out of 2 aint bad.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 11:16 AM   #451
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Uh, could be ...

It certainly has been educational. I don't think that I will have a car built again. Sounds posh and fancy, but really its an infuriating and anxiety ridden experience.

I will say the Genius line has been most helpful. SA has been .. moderately such. He isn't bad.. he's a good guy, but I feel it could be better.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #452
Kwajtrader
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40i G29  [10.00]
Quote:
It certainly has been educational. I don't think that I will have a car built again. Sounds posh and fancy, but really its an infuriating and anxiety ridden experience.

I will say the Genius line has been most helpful. SA has been .. moderately such. He isn't bad.. he's a good guy, but I feel it could be better.
I’d be interested to know if this is typical, or more a side affect of the pandemic. I’m assuming the latter causing unforeseen parts and staffing shortages.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 11:54 AM   #453
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I’d be interested to know if this is typical, or more a side affect of the pandemic. I’m assuming the latter causing unforeseen parts and staffing shortages.
Parts shortages are a result of sanctions more so than a cause of any pandemic issue. Shortages on staff may delay the post work needed to finalize work orders, but still.

What concerns me more than the above is the lack of care that seems to be afforded to those affected by delays. No information, no ETA, no explanation... like... mcboatface ...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 12:32 PM   #454
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Parts shortages are a result of sanctions more so than a cause of any pandemic issue. Shortages on staff may delay the post work needed to finalize work orders, but still.

What concerns me more than the above is the lack of care that seems to be afforded to those affected by delays. No information, no ETA, no explanation... like... mcboatface ...
Well, I can say my SA has been open and honest about this. She just emailed me informing me that the RAM is the only part holding up my delivery. The only information She got is the parts are on hand and the VDC is correcting all the cars with the Stop Sale. She does not have an ETA from BMWNA and it is a wait and see game.

I guess my pirate failed to get the RAM for me or someone else was able to offer more.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 12:38 PM   #455
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, I can say my SA has been open and honest about this. She just emailed me informing me that the RAM is the only part holding up my delivery. The only information She got is the parts are on hand and the VDC is correcting all the cars with the Stop Sale. She does not have an ETA from BMWNA and it is a wait and see game.

I guess my pirate failed to get the RAM for me or someone else was able to offer more.
Not saying that it's the SA responsibility... perhaps greater BMW (corporate level) that should be supplying information regarding situation. As someone that has alot of customer interaction (especially with troubleshooting) I get that you can't give definitive timelines.. but more information is better than, "wait and see."
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #456
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Not saying that it's the SA responsibility... perhaps greater BMW (corporate level) that should be supplying information regarding situation. As someone that has alot of customer interaction (especially with troubleshooting) I get that you can't give definitive timelines.. but more information is better than, "wait and see."
I concur. I will say that my SA is communicating openly with me and that alleviates a lot of ambiguity and worry on my part. What I read on this thread concerning the SA's, I would want all of them to treat you guys the same way. Mine performs the proper due diligence and communicates. Is it expected, YES. Is it always performed by all, sadly no.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 02:14 PM   #457
Kwajtrader
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40i G29  [10.00]
Quote:

Unfortunately not all sales people are created equal, but they should all operate with a minimum set of standards. I had several issues with one service associate at one of the local dealerships. On my 2008 650 you had to toggle the emblem on the trunk lid to open it. For some reason it only worked a fraction of the time. In front of the guy I toggled it once, nothing, toggled it twice, nothing and on the third time it opened. He then tried it and experienced a similar set of failures, but on the try when it opened, he looked me in the eye and said “see, it works perfectly”. I said, “its supposed to work every time”. He said “ it works perfectly”. I though my head was going to explode. They ended up fixing it and I wrote an email to the service manager but nobody ever responded. I switched my service to another dealership, but years later stopped in and he was still there.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #458
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Unfortunately not all sales people are created equal, but they should all operate with a minimum set of standards. I had several issues with one service associate at one of the local dealerships. On my 2008 650 you had to toggle the emblem on the trunk lid to open it. For some reason it only worked a fraction of the time. In front of the guy I toggled it once, nothing, toggled it twice, nothing and on the third time it opened. He then tried it and experienced a similar set of failures, but on the try when it opened, he looked me in the eye and said “see, it works perfectly”. I said, “its supposed to work every time”. He said “ it works perfectly”. I though my head was going to explode. They ended up fixing it and I wrote an email to the service manager but nobody ever responded. I switched my service to another dealership, but years later stopped in and he was still there.
So annoying ... can't say I've had the best experiences with dealerships, in general. Always go in to every dealership with low expectations.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 02:24 PM   #459
mcboatface
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4

I just got off the phone with the GM at the dealership as I insisted on an update prior to the long weekend. He was told by the regional rep and by his contact at BMW distribution that the RAM is indeed on hand at this point. The question is why in the world it hasn't already been installed? No one seems to know.

I asked him to get back with his corporate contacts on Tuesday to get a firm commitment to get this thing installed and the car delivered to the dealership next week. But let's face it, the lack of transparency here is ridiculous and I still have no idea when I should actually expect to see this car.

As I have stated, my SA is worthless and her sales manager is as well. Fortunately, there is another dealership about 20 minutes closer to me, so I can use that one for service, if I ever get the car. Why didn't I order from the other store? Long story, but part of the ongoing saga.

I have had medical procedures more pleasurable than buying this freaking Z4. It will be an interesting moment when my SA asks me to give her rave reviews in the survey...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 02:25 PM   #460
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
So annoying ... can't say I've had the best experiences with dealerships, in general. Always go in to every dealership with low expectations.
That's one way to ensure your expectations are exceeded.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #461
mcboatface
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4

Quote:
Yes, and that is the truly shameful thing about this industry. Expectations are SO low that when we tried to do it better at our Chevy store, it made no difference. Frankly, most dealers spend much effort trying to rip off customers, as we all know. We chose not to do that. But that made us less money. GM itself rewarded bad behavior with the structure of their promotions.

It would be great to say that this increased sales, and to an extent it did, but in reality consumers trust car dealers less than they trust drug dealers, so it was extremely difficult to break through that barrier. I finally just threw in the towel and sold the place. What a miserable experience. Some day I should write a short book, particularly about my experiences with the senior management team of GM. Holy cow.

Let's just say I was the least surprised person on the planet when the company went down in flames, only to be rescued by the feds. The first move the government made was to remove the league of morons occupying the executive offices in Detroit.
Appreciate 4
Horseman4149.00
CJ4211560.50
TAZ0071846.50
      07-02-2021, 02:35 PM   #462
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's one way to ensure your expectations are exceeded.
And yet I still sometimes get surprised with disappointment. LIke the Nissan dealer that I got my wife's Juke back in 2012.
Appreciate 1
TAZ0071846.50