BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Anyone else working out? Post up your stats!

01-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #45
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I'm getting toned and I still lift heavy. Most of the meat heads you see at the gym either take steroids or a bunch of supplements to help them get there. If you want to be tone, lift hard and eat right.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #46
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

5'11
220 (2 years ago was 298)
Living off of brown rice, veggies, chicken, salad, amongst other things.
Can bench 240lbs
Leg Press 900lbs
Run a sad fucking mile in 8:30
Pretty shitty huh?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 12:34 AM   #47
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
5'12" 185lbs no clue about fat percent but i need to be around 175 according to my doc, buts its hard being a college student all i see around me is fatty food lol
Psshh, whatevs brah.

I'm a college student and I eat clean as mofo. I grocery shop on Saturday and cook all my meals for the week on Sunday.

I'm 5'6" 144, haven't weighed myself in a while. Weight doesn't matter. What you look like does.

I will get some comparo-shots going and I'll post em up in a month or so.

P.S. BoostedBMW - I stopped the True-Mass and started up this strict diet, and new workout plan and I've noticed my abs are more cut (no more extra fat in my diet, since True-Mass is gone), and I'm putting on good size.

Here's my strict diet. I modified it from one that was in a book called 'Huge in a Hurry' featured in Men's Health Magazine. I consulted a nutritionist who is also a gym rat. This diet is for a 175lb male looking to put on muscle, however I am finding myself hungry at times.

7AM:
5 Eggs (1 Whole Egg + 4 Whites)
1/2 cup of Spinach
1 oz of lowfat Cheese (Frigo brand rocks, 1 oz string cheese sticks, 8g protein per if I recall)
1 cup of Blueberries

10:30AM
: Immediately after work out
1/2 Box of plain white pasta (not allowed to put anything on it as it will slow digestion).
30 Minutes After Above 3/4-1lb of 93/7 (or leaner) Ground Beef w/ Mustard (ketchup not allowed)

1PM:
1 Apple
3oz Cheese (same brand as above)
Handful of Celery

4PM
3/4 cup Low fat Cottage Cheese
1 cup of Pineapple
Handful of Almonds/Walnuts

7PM
6-8oz Chicken Breast
1 Sweet Potatoe
1 cup of Raspberries

10PM
3oz of Tuna
1 cup of Blackberries
Handful of Carrots
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 01:42 AM   #48
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
5'11
220 (2 years ago was 298)
Living off of brown rice, veggies, chicken, salad, amongst other things.
Can bench 240lbs
Leg Press 900lbs
Run a sad fucking mile in 8:30
Pretty shitty huh?
If you can run a mile in 8 and a half mins, that's pretty good. I think the average is around 10 mins, but with Americans so overweight nowadays, I don't think most can even do 10 mins flat. I warm up by running 3 miles in 30 mins just to get the blood pumping.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 01:43 AM   #49
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Psshh, whatevs brah.

I'm a college student and I eat clean as mofo. I grocery shop on Saturday and cook all my meals for the week on Sunday.

I'm 5'6" 144, haven't weighed myself in a while. Weight doesn't matter. What you look like does.

P.S. BoostedBMW - I stopped the True-Mass and started up this strict diet, and new workout plan and I've noticed my abs are more cut (no more extra fat in my diet, since True-Mass is gone), and I'm putting on good size.

Here's my strict diet. I modified it from one that was in a book called 'Huge in a Hurry' featured in Men's Health Magazine. I consulted a nutritionist who is also a gym rat. This diet is for a 175lb male looking to put on muscle, however I am finding myself hungry at times.

7AM:
1/2 cup of Spinach
1 oz of lowfat Cheese (Frigo brand rocks, 1 oz string cheese sticks, 8g protein per if I recall)
1 cup of Blueberries

1/2 Box of plain white pasta (not allowed to put anything on it as it will slow digestion).
30 Minutes After Above 3/4-1lb of 93/7 (or leaner) Ground Beef w/ Mustard (ketchup not allowed)

1PM:
1 Apple
Handful of Celery

4PM
1 cup of Pineapple

7PM
6-8oz Chicken Breast
1 Sweet Potatoe
1 cup of Raspberries

10PM
3oz of Tuna
1 cup of Blackberries
Handful of Carrots
You, my friend, are hardcore. You can probably do an oil change by lifting up the car with one arm and using the other one to take the screw out and drain the old oil, lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #50
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
you have to eat more...
Hahahaha if you only knew how much I eat you would be sooo jealous.. not to mention even the doctors say im verrrry healthy..

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 02:18 AM   #51
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
5'9, 165lb, bench press 275

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 03:32 AM   #52
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_TT View Post
23 yrs old, 5'7, 120lbs, 4% body fat according to Ballys.. Dam metabolism.. haha
Im barley starting to work out again to get my six pak bak and more muscle..
haha kinda reminds me of myself in freshmen year in college.

6ft, 126lbs, im sure i was under 8% BF.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #53
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Psshh, whatevs brah.

7AM:
1/2 cup of Spinach
1 cup of Blueberries

1PM:
1 Apple
Handful of Celery

4PM
1 cup of Pineapple

7PM
6-8oz Chicken Breast
1 Sweet Potatoe
1 cup of Raspberries

10PM
3oz of Tuna
1 cup of Blackberries
Handful of Carrots
Doug, its good to hear that you got your diet in check to back up your lifting... I'm sure the results will follow. Now, if I could comment on your diet I would like to say that if you are looking to make gains and you are hungry during the day then you should probably eat more (this doesn't go for everyone, but with ectomorphs to gain you usually need to stuff yourself pretty damn good). Since your breakfast is also your pre-workout meal I would advise you to eat some more complex carbs in additon to the blueberries since they are only around 70 cals for a cup (less than 20g carbs). The two most important times to take in a good amount of carbs are pre and post workout, which you probably already know. I would add in a bowl of cereal (I like kashi heart to heart or go lean) or a cup of dry oats to eat as oatmeal (I like to throw a scoop of a whey blend in with them, but if you are eating eggs instead that is fine).

Now, as far as your PWO meal goes, if you are worried about something on top of the pasta slowing digestion (ie. like tomato sauce or something similar) then I would ask you to reconsider eating pasta in the first place if you want FAST digestion of carbs pwo. You would be better off going with a piece of fruit or a yogurt in combination with a scoop of whey (yes, I advocate eating whole foods whenever you can, but PWO I think that a scoop of whey is good in addition to some fast digesting carbs to replenish whatever glycogen is depleted), and then you can eat your serving of pasta (or whatever other carb you would like... rice/potato/sweet potato/etc) with your ground beef for your pwo meal.

Your diet is very CLEAN, which is great, but what I would like you to know is that to change your body composition, as well as to be healthy, you DON'T need to eat the same thing day in and day out. What you should know is that as long as your overall caloric intake for the day is met for whatever overall goal you are trying to reach (for you its gaining) you can eat whatever foods you like as long as you are eating an adequate amount of protein and EFA's (healthy fats). The rest of your cals can come from donuts and it would have no difference on body composition if you were within your caloric limits for the day. Obviously I don't recommend eating donuts for health reasons, but the point is that I want you to realize that you don't have to eat a cup of blueberries with 4 eggwhites every morning for the next year and a half to reach your goals, but instead you should determine what your BMR is according to your activity level and metabolism, and from there establish how many cals you should be taking in per day. Compare that figure to how many cals are in your diet above and go from there (it might be perfect the way it is now, but I would rather spend the 10 minutes to double check). Check out this link and determine your BMR, and then add 500 cals to that (for bulking on 1lb per week, which will maximize muscle gains with minimal fat gains), and then figure out how many cals you are taking in with the diet above (I would guess that its too little just by glancing at it)...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=107459791

Hope this helps you out, and again, props to you for sticking with it.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #54
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Do you guys eat any yogurts?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #55
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I like doing military presses but they more often than not lead to rear shoulder pain/nerve. I tried dumbell raises but they do not seem to give the results the machine does. Maybe I need to do them seated because my back tends to strain from the standing version when I get to 50lb bells and above.

Alternatives?

Old man. 6'2" 197. Eat like a horse. I like beer too. BF around...13% which is OK with me.
      01-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #56
Dillusion
is ross
France
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
I do, and fat free cottage cheese.

I workout 4 times a week, run at least 5 miles a week, and do abs and shoulders every time I work out any muscle.

5'9" 155, I have no idea on my fat %. I'm seeing great basic results just from the routine above; but its hard to surpass that and get the 'washboard' abs and look 'jacked' when I eat on the university campus restaurants 4 times a week and smoke allot :/ Munchies suck. Although Ive been going grocery shopping so even when I do have killer munchies I can only eat fruits, cereal, yogurts, and chicken breast etc.

But even fruits have allot of sugar, and big meals arent very good, so I know what i HAVE to do, I just can't seem to do it. My fault tho.
      01-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #57
iPodAddict
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusion View Post

I workout 4 times a week, run at least 5 miles a week, and do abs and shoulders every time I work out any muscle.

5'9" 155, I have no idea on my fat %. I'm seeing great basic results just from the routine above; but its hard to surpass that and get the 'washboard' abs and look 'jacked' when I eat on the university campus restaurants 4 times a week and smoke allot :/ Munchies suck. Although Ive been going grocery shopping so even when I do have killer munchies I can only eat fruits, cereal, yogurts, and chicken breast etc.

But even fruits have allot of sugar, and big meals arent very good, so I know what i HAVE to do, I just can't seem to do it. My fault tho.
I've found my workouts to be way more effective when I'm bouncing off of walls after eating a bunch of fruits before working out... typically when I used caffeine inhibitors (i.e. NoXplode, or simply Red Bull, etc) I would get nauseous during my workouts to the point where I'd puke. Not so fun. To get around that, I noticed I needed LONGER breaks between sets... and my time is somewhat restricted. The fruits helped me significantly. Especially Mango's. I don't know why but I get such a good rush out of it.
      01-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #58
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I like doing military presses but they more often than not lead to rear shoulder pain/nerve. I tried dumbell raises but they do not seem to give the results the machine does. Maybe I need to do them seated because my back tends to strain from the standing version when I get to 50lb bells and above.

Alternatives?

Old man. 6'2" 197. Eat like a horse. I like beer too. BF around...13% which is OK with me.

I usually try to do complexes like clean and jerk. But with your shoulder that rules it out. I do DB raises sitting down. I can focus more on my shoulder sitting down than standing up.

You can also do raises on the cables for resistance.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #59
iPodAddict
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
I usually try to come complexes like clean and jerk. But with your shoulder that rules it out. I do DB raises sitting down. I can focus more on my shoulder sitting down than standing up.

You can also do raises on the cables for resistance.
or try leaning against a wall if you don't have a chair.
      01-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #60
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Leaning on the wall for 21s are ideal as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #61
Dillusion
is ross
France
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodAddict View Post
I've found my workouts to be way more effective when I'm bouncing off of walls after eating a bunch of fruits before working out... typically when I used caffeine inhibitors (i.e. NoXplode, or simply Red Bull, etc) I would get nauseous during my workouts to the point where I'd puke. Not so fun. To get around that, I noticed I needed LONGER breaks between sets... and my time is somewhat restricted. The fruits helped me significantly. Especially Mango's. I don't know why but I get such a good rush out of it.
I take NoXplode too and after maxing out with heavy weight I almost fall over sometimes from that, sucks.
      01-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #62
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Young chickens

5-11' 190lbs (started at 203 ten years ago)

Im 48, been working out for 10 years as of april with really no lay offs. Generally 3 times per week at 70-75mins -
BF lower 20s (been a while since I checked)

Cross training routine -
Set of weights (abs each session - upper body and legs alternating during the week)
Cardo
Then weights again
Cardio
Weights
And another final cardio set. (total of about 30 mins cardio)

Usually 13-20 reps for each weight set.
Heart rate between 110-155 for the entire session.

Eat pretty much anything I want - lost 25 lbs when I first started workout routine. Since added about 12 lbs back muscle mass.

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #63
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^ Your 3 older than myself (edit: me). 5 times a week myself, sometimes less if too busy. My thing is I get the AADD after 30 minutes. I do go when it is near empty so I get it on and get out...straight to the sauna for 10 or so minutes at 130 degrees. Ahhhhh.

Last edited by gonzo; 01-27-2009 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #64
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
^ Your 3 older than me. 5 times a week myself, sometimes less if too busy. My thing is I get the AADD after 30 minutes. I do go when it is near empty so I get it on and get out...straight to the sauna for 10 or so minutes at 130 degrees. Ahhhhh.
Saunas at 24hr I've been to were always at 170.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #65
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^ I read much above 140 is no bueno.
      01-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #66
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
If it fits into your macros/cals for the day and you like the taste then eat away. I have yogurt in my pwo shake if I don't have any fruit at the house.

Quote:
I like doing military presses...

Alternatives?...
You can use a smith machine and do a seated barbell shoulder press instead, which shouldn't put much strain on your rear delts. I like to cycle these into my workout along with DB presses, and arnold presses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusion View Post

Working abs and shoulders with every workout might be a little excessive, especially with delts IMO (unless you only do like one excercise per day for them). I work abs 3x per week, but I switch between working lower and upper abs every 2-3 days so they have time to repair. I could never work delts everyday though with hitting them once per week by themselves and working chest twice per week.

Also, big meals or multiple small meals won't make too much of a difference in terms of body composition... overall calories at the end of the day is much more important so don't sweat that.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0